PDA

View Full Version : Need a dust collector..new and affordable $137.50 AR

Brian Parker
04-28-2006, 1:48 PM
WARNING: :eek: If your wife is mad at me for that last steal deal (Delta X5 jointer) then stop here and go back to the forum. :eek:

Ah good man you decided to stay and look. Well here is the deal its a Jet DC-650 (1hp) for $137.50. It is through Amazon and has to be done via the phone.
Go to Redmond Machinery (http://www.redmond-machinery.com) (www.redmond-machinery.com) they have it for a deal at $139.00 plus $30 shipping. Then call Amazon up (their price is 308.64 shipped less 10% = 277.78) and have them match it plus 10% of the difference. Even if you used the 10% off coupon already they say that the price they start with is $277.78 so do the math and the difference + 10% is $119.66. $277.78-119.66= $158.12. But for some reason it cost me $162.50. For the few dollar difference I figured why complain when they saved me a load of cash, and then on top of that there is a $25 MIR on it.

**there is always a catch. Both the rebate and the sale at Redmond expire at the end of the month.

Chuck Saunders
04-28-2006, 3:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up Brian. It seems like a lot of work to save $5.50. I guess you could also call toolnut.com and see how they work out. It seems to me that Redmond Machinery should be getting my order.
No offense, just my thoughts on the subject
Chuck

Brian Parker
04-28-2006, 4:18 PM
The only reason that I called amazon is that I have ordered with them in the past and if the order got messed up in transit they fixed it jify on the spot.

I didn't have time to do a background check on the other guy to get a better feel for their reputation. Plus its nice being able to order and not have to send or typein all of your information. I also like how you can get your past invoices to print up for warranty returns with amazon should you lose them around the house.

John Kain
04-28-2006, 5:30 PM
Brian, you're KILLING me!

Brian Parker
04-28-2006, 5:39 PM
John, didn't you read my disclaimer? :D

Michael Adelong
04-28-2006, 9:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up Brian. It seems like a lot of work to save $5.50. I guess you could also call toolnut.com and see how they work out. It seems to me that Redmond Machinery should be getting my order.
No offense, just my thoughts on the subject
Chuck

I'd have to agree with this. I bought a reconditioned Delta 22-560 planer from Redmond. They were extremely friendly. My order arrived within a few days. The best part of the experience was the call that I made to buy it. The gentleman (dagnabit! I can't remember his name.... I'm only 43! argh!) that helped me asked me if I had ever used a planer, and giving me a thorough explanation of snipe and how to avoid it when I said "no". I honestly felt that he was more interested in making sure that I would be satisfied with the machine than he was about selling me something. His advice was correct, and the planer works great.

If it ever comes down to a choice between Redmond and Amazon, go with the boys from Hotlanta (former resident here :cool: ). At least they will answer the phone and remember speaking with you if you have to call back.

Michael

Mike Peace
04-28-2006, 9:59 PM
I live in Atlanta and was very pleased with a reconditioned Delta BS I bought from Redmond Bros. I was able to pick it up. Scary to watch a guy load a crate into the back of a mini van with only an inch or so to spare on both sides!

Mike

Randy Meijer
04-29-2006, 10:59 AM
I just ordered mine from Redmond!! Cost me an extra $6 above what Amazon.com would have been; but I have heard lots of stories about the shipping being less than prompt. If you are interested, Redmond is open until noon EDT.....about another 2 hours. And to save time, their number is 1-800-428-9898.

My thanks to Brian for the heads-up!! Been thinking about doing a homebuilt job; but for the time and money involved, don't think I could beat this deal?? Randy