PDA

View Full Version : Got Teak?

Nick Englesby
04-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey guys/gals,

Does teak work well for pen blanks? If anyone is interested I will gladly saw pieces for pen blanks. Probably enough for roughly 20-25 blanks. Ive included some pics to show colors and grain patterns.

Price is Zero

Shipping is Zero

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Oh and the "Spinners" are certainly the most entertaining group in the Creek!!

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-28-2006, 1:16 AM
Hey guys/gals,

Does teak work well for pen blanks? If anyone is interested I will gladly saw pieces for pen blanks. Probably enough for roughly 20-25 blanks. Ive included some pics to show colors and grain patterns.

Price is Zero

Shipping is Zero

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Oh and the "Spinners" are certainly the most entertaining group in the Creek!!

Some nice looking stuff there Nick!

Dunno if it good for pens, but I'd think yes.

You sir will have lots of new friends with such a kind offer!

BTW, I agree with "Spinners" comment, for sure, "Entertaining" takes on a whole new meaning round here :D

Chuck Beland
04-28-2006, 5:19 AM
Hey Nick,
I would love one of those blanks. I love teak wood It's beautiful. I just received my new Jet mini. I've only made one thing using my friends lathe thats when the vortex got me. LOL Just waiting for my Woodcraft grinder to come in they ran out. CRAP.

Where did you happen to get the teak? did it fall into your car/truck:D

Nick Englesby
04-28-2006, 8:10 AM
Chuck,

I bought an older boat last year and planned on customizing the Center Console. Somehow Ive only seemed to make things for my wifes garden Hmmm, interesting.

I bought several boxes and some planks from a guy that does Yacht refits.

Ill send you much more than just one piece.

pm me Chuck and Ill send them tomorrow.

I believe that 3/4x3/4x6 is the right size for blanks? Please correct me if thats not right or you would prefer a different size.

Don Baer
04-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't do pens (yet) but your offer is most kind. I am sure that those that do will thank you for the most generous gift.

Don Orr
04-28-2006, 3:13 PM
Yup! Got a bunch in the wood racks upstairs. Very nice offer!

Bernie Weishapl
04-28-2006, 3:17 PM
Thanks Nick for the offer. It is greatly appreciated.

Richard Jones
04-28-2006, 4:13 PM
Nick,

Yes, teak makes nice pens. I recently came into a rather large windfall of teak and have made quite a few bowls, pens, and bottle coasters from it.

Rich