PDA

View Full Version : My thank you to Andy Hoyt!

Frank Chaffee
04-28-2006, 12:10 AM
…For the wonderful Buckeye Maple Chalice you turned for me as a prize for being one of the first two Creekers to respond at the appointed time to a contest John “Asleep at the Wheel” Bailey organized. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=30455&highlight=2006+Contributions

Stu, congrats to you for being the other winner, and I must concede the greater victory to you as you beat me to the thread John Bailey started by IIRC, two whole minutes!!! I am just fortunate that the refereeing on our Creeker contest was better than it was on the Super Bowl that night!!!

“Two winners?” you all ask “…how can that be?”

Well let’s leave that for John Bailey to explain when he gets back from either kayaking the Aegean or touring with his new band, Asleep at the Wheel, …or napping.

Lee DeRaud offered stiff competition that night, posting to the wrong thread right and left all evening, but hey, real men don’t read directions, right Lee? Next year I’m sure you’ll whup everybody!

Andy, as promised, the Buckeye Chalice has ascended to the most revered spot in my shop, and has replaced both my Sansui 551

and my crank telephone.

Thank You,
Frank

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-28-2006, 1:13 AM
Well congrats to you too Frank!

I think you problem was you were too busy shouting "BINGO"........ wrong game dude! ;) :D

Hey, your prize looks like it will hold WAY more Icecream!! :mad:

But at least mine is not that boring BROWN color.... :rolleyes:

One more thing Frank, if you want that Workshop Thong to cover the shinny spot there, you need to move forward and to the center a bit..... ;) :D

Frank Chaffee
04-28-2006, 2:30 AM
Well congrats to you too Frank!
One more thing Frank, if you want that Workshop Thong to cover the shinny spot there, you need to move forward and to the center a bit..... ;) :D
I’m tryin’ man, I’m tryin’! Jes thinking there is too much denuded real estate for my shop tool to cover!

I’m sure you can understand why I don’t cut it anymore… I’m afraid I it won’t grow back!!

I’m thinking that Pesh took the tool that was really meant for me.

Frank

Karl Laustrup
04-28-2006, 6:39 AM
Kudos to Mr. Hoyt for a wonderful chalice. :)

It appears that you are using it as a sea shell to listen to the ocean. Frank we're too far from the ocean for that to work. ;) :D

And you have found a new use for the shop tool; "GLARE PREVENTER". :D :D

Karl

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-28-2006, 6:48 AM
I’m tryin’ man, I’m tryin’! Jes thinking there is too much denuded real estate for my shop tool to cover!

I’m sure you can understand why I don’t cut it anymore… I’m afraid I it won’t grow back!!

Frank

OK, now if you can get a Dale's pair....... you could cover up the rest of the lower section.......... :rolleyes: :D

Nice to see such a well developed sense of humor :D:D

Andy Hoyt
04-28-2006, 8:22 AM
The pleasure was all mine Frank.

And this is the gift that keeps on giving as evidenced by the attached newfound use for your shopthong

Bill Grumbine
04-28-2006, 9:00 AM

Frank

I was just thinking that myself Frank, as I saw the pictures here! But then, I have no room to talk, do I? Is this a new fashion statement? :D

Bill

Steve Clardy
04-28-2006, 10:12 AM
:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :D :D

Speechless in Missouri. Shaking head---------------:rolleyes: ;) :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 10:16 AM
And since Tyler started this whole "trend".........It just proves you don't have to be a turner to be a "sick puppy"!

This is Ken in Idaho .....Looking down......shaking his head.......now where'd I put that neck brace?

John Miliunas
04-28-2006, 11:11 AM
OMG!!! I think I may also have contracted Idahoitiss! :eek: Now I'm looking down...Shaking my head....not believing that somehow I'm a part of all this....:rolleyes: :cool: