PDA

View Full Version : Yup, you guys were right! (table top)

Mike Schwing
08-26-2003, 10:28 PM
Looks like a proper table now. I shortened it up to the same overhang as the front/back and put a decent chamfer on the bottom. Looks much more proportional, thank you all. I didn't mess with the apron width, it'll have to live on that way. She looks pretty good with one coat of Watco so far.

This was a very cool quick project for me - finished with only hand tools, no sandpaper at all.

http://home.earthlink.net/~schwalden/halltable3.JPG

John Miliunas
08-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Turned out very nice, Mike! That sure is some pretty looking wood, too! Bet the old owner (of the wood) will be very pleased with his beautiful gift and your great workmanship! :cool:

Lars Thomas
08-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Looks great. Thanks for taking the advice/feedback in the positive manner in which it was intended. Also, thanks for letting us know how it turned out. I'll be watching to see how the barn owner reacts. I gotta think they'll really love it.

Mike, only you could appreciate this . . . I'm very much looking forward to a trip back to MD in mid September. I'm taking my oldest boy (age 8). The itenary looks like this fly in Saturday AM - head over to Kent Island (maybe St. Michaels) for some crabs. Visit some friends Saturday night. Ravens v Browns on Sunday, 30 yd line - front row. Work Monday (Owings Mills). Andrew to stay with Mom Mom and Pop Pop. Then Orioles v Yankess game Monday night with Andrew. Then return to Chi-Town Tuesday. Only once every few years is everything aligned that you can get crabs, Ravens and Orioles in one weekend - And this is it. You don't realize how great MD is until you no longer live there. I hope you apprecaite all MD has to offer. From your prior posts (re OC), I suspect you are. Lars

Chris DiCiaccio
08-27-2003, 8:33 AM
I like that table. You did a great job on it! Keep up the good work.

Carl Eyman
08-27-2003, 7:10 PM
You don't root on the Orioles enough so they beat the Yankees - Carl (Red Sox fan since 1935)

Mike Schwing
08-28-2003, 6:22 AM
Mike, only you could appreciate this . . . I'm very much looking forward to a trip back to MD in mid September. I'm taking my oldest boy (age 8). The itenary looks like this fly in Saturday AM - head over to Kent Island (maybe St. Michaels) for some crabs. Visit some friends Saturday night. Ravens v Browns on Sunday, 30 yd line - front row. Work Monday (Owings Mills). Andrew to stay with Mom Mom and Pop Pop. Then Orioles v Yankess game Monday night with Andrew. Then return to Chi-Town Tuesday. Only once every few years is everything aligned that you can get crabs, Ravens and Orioles in one weekend - And this is it. You don't realize how great MD is until you no longer live there. I hope you apprecaite all MD has to offer. From your prior posts (re OC), I suspect you are. Lars

Even a Balmoron who lives here year round would enjoy that weekend!