PDA

View Full Version : My other son;

Richard Wolf
04-27-2006, 8:56 PM
Some of you know I often mention my son that works with me installing wooden railings and stairs. My other older son doesn't get much ink, so I thought I would share some of today with you. My oldest son, Dan, is an Asst. Supertendent at Shinnecock Golf course in Southampton, NY. (US Open). He is another great son which I am very proud of. Enjoy some pics.

Richard

Richard

Don Baer
04-27-2006, 9:13 PM
Lemme guess he's the one with no fur on his face in the 4th picture..:D

Good Gloat Richard. I have 2 sons of whom I am very proud. They are as differant as night and day but don't you ever cross on of them becuse the other will be down on you like stink on SH*%

Ken Fitzgerald
04-27-2006, 9:20 PM
Great Gloat Richard! Nice looking kid! These are the types of gloats that make life good! My two sons and daughter.....3 totally different people....

Brad Schafer
04-27-2006, 9:24 PM
WOW - Shinnecock. That's a top-shelf spread. Must be a good player, too.

Nice gloat,

b

John Bailey
04-28-2006, 5:32 AM
As a past golfer, I appreciate what the superintentend's contribution to a golf course means. To have that job at Shinnecock is something to be proud of. Congrats. What I want to know is, how come guys built like Richard, and myself, have tall skinny sons. Both my sons are 6'1" and a whopping 160 lbs.

John

Darrick Robbins
04-28-2006, 9:56 AM
Hey, thats up my alley. I am assistant superintendent at Ridgemoor CC here in Chicago which has no where near the cache of Shinnecock but I understand his life none the less. It is an enjoyable, frustrating, grind of a way to make a living, especially during the growing season, but it is easy to fall in love with it. I would mention that it is often a great way to get free logs too, but not at Shinnecock--they are somewhat short of trees. Best regards.
Darrick

John Miliunas
04-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Great gloat, Richard!!! :D OK, so I'm not into pasture pool myself but, I do have plenty of friends who are and, as I understand it, the game can be as addicting and rewarding as dropping into the spinny vortex!!! :D And, from what they tell me, management of an complex like that envelopes many talents and skills. You done good, my friend. You done good!!! :) :cool:

Carl Eyman
04-28-2006, 2:06 PM
Being a woodworker and having offspring in the golf super. business must run in th blood. My younger son is a grad of U. Mass in turf Management and a certified superintendant at a Links type coure on Cape Cod. Whoever said the job requires a wide range of talents was right. I wish I could play his course more often, but the commute is costly.

Tyler Howell
04-28-2006, 2:59 PM
Proud Papa:cool: