PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking in Myrtle Beach?

Chris DiCiaccio
08-26-2003, 8:39 PM
Well, I'm headed there soon. Anyone know of any woodworking stores, interest there. Myrtle Beach or North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Thanks

Jim Becker
08-26-2003, 9:26 PM
I suspect that most of the woodworking activity in the Myrtle Beach area involves golf clubs and errant golf balls! :D

Hal Flynt
08-27-2003, 11:23 AM
I didn't see anything other than HD and Lowes which I don't classify as woodworking stores though. Actually I didn't spend too much time looking either.

If you like good seafood, try The Sea Captains House 3002 Ocean Blvd. Between 30th Ave North and 31st Ave. N.. Anything on the menu is good, BUT the Chef's specials are really outstanding.

We made a run to Pawleys Island (25 mi. South) one day and North to Clalbash (30 Miles North) another. Spent an afternoon at Broadway at the Beach (on 21st Ave N between Hwy 17 Bypass road and Oak Street) good place to eat, drink, shop, walk around etc.

Have a good trip!

Garrison Hupp
08-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Well, I'm headed there soon. Anyone know of any woodworking stores, interest there. Myrtle Beach or North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Thanks
Chris, I live about 45 minutes away and unfortunately, I have to tell you that you will truly be on vacation. No woodworking. There is a Woodcraft in Charleston, bout 90 minutes away. Other than that, nothing. Just relax and eat some good seafood.

Chris DiCiaccio
08-27-2003, 1:38 PM
Chris, I live about 45 minutes away and unfortunately, I have to tell you that you will truly be on vacation. No woodworking. There is a Woodcraft in Charleston, bout 90 minutes away. Other than that, nothing. Just relax and eat some good seafood.

Thanks for the info. (or lack of it, ha) I kinda suspected as much since no internet searches came up with anything. Yes, I am planning to enjoy a week with the family.

Chris DiCiaccio
08-27-2003, 5:21 PM
I didn't see anything other than HD and Lowes which I don't classify as woodworking stores though. Actually I didn't spend too much time looking either.

If you like good seafood, try The Sea Captains House 3002 Ocean Blvd. Between 30th Ave North and 31st Ave. N.. Anything on the menu is good, BUT the Chef's specials are really outstanding.

We made a run to Pawleys Island (25 mi. South) one day and North to Clalbash (30 Miles North) another. Spent an afternoon at Broadway at the Beach (on 21st Ave N between Hwy 17 Bypass road and Oak Street) good place to eat, drink, shop, walk around etc.

Have a good trip!

Thanks for the info. and the seafood tip-we are going to check it out.