PDA

View Full Version : Used Pm66 Price?

Keith Beck
04-27-2006, 8:37 AM
Talked to a guy yesterday who's selling his 5-6 year old PM66 for the asking price of $1100. I haven't seen it yet (will tonight), but in my conversation with him, he indicated that it's a left-tilt 3hp w/74" fence and that he only used it sparingly one year of the 5-6 years he's had it. The rest of the time, it's just been sitting idle in his garage.

Does $1100 sound like a good price for this saw provided that it's in good condition?

Keith

Chuck Saunders
04-27-2006, 8:39 AM
Yes.
Chuck

Tom Jones III
04-27-2006, 8:48 AM
I would have thought more like $1600 would be a fair price assuming that it is in good shape.

Roy Wall
04-27-2006, 9:42 AM
That will be a terrific buy.......no question..

To put it another way.....a Steal!

Doug Shepard
04-27-2006, 9:45 AM
You better get over there before someone beats you to it.

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-27-2006, 9:54 AM
Not at all. That price us WAYYYY too high. You ought to offer him a couple hundred but no more..
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Oh by the way - - - what was his telephone number?
No particular reason I just collect phone numbers is all.

Mike Canaris
04-27-2006, 10:34 AM
I think it's an excellant asking price....I picked up a General 350 a few days a go for about $650 but it does need some work and it's around 20 years old..

By the way this is my first post here.... hello everyone...:)

Larry Fox
04-27-2006, 10:42 AM
A quick survey of closed listings for similar items on everyone's most/least favorite auction site indicates that the answer is a resounding - YES, is is a steal.

Keith Beck
04-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I thought it sounded like a pretty good price, just wanted to get some confirmation. I'll try to take some photos when I go over there tonight.

BTW Cliff, thanks for my first laugh of the day...:D

Keith

Roy Wall
04-27-2006, 10:56 AM
I think it's an excellant asking price....I picked up a General 350 a few days a go for about $650 but it does need some work and it's around 20 years old..

By the way this is my first post here.... hello everyone...:)

Mike - welcome to SMC!!!!

Keith -- I have a feeling the pictures of that saw are going to blow us away..........should be in MINT CONDITON........The best buy you'll have all year.

Tyler Howell
04-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Not at all. That price us WAYYYY too high. You ought to offer him a couple hundred but no more..
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Oh by the way - - - what was his telephone number?
No particular reason I just collect phone numbers is all.
ROTFLOL:p :p

Norman Hitt
04-27-2006, 3:06 PM
At that PRICE, Why aren't YOU OVER THERE "NOW',:confused: :confused: with your CHECKBOOK and TRAILER, (Forget the Pictures til you get it home, so he won't have time to change his mind).;) :D

OF COURSE, we want pictures, BUT, After You get it HOME.:D

Heck, mine is 15 years old, and honestly, I wouldn't take that for mine even now. 'Course, I got lucky and had a choice of fences, (all at the same price I might add), and I chose the Biesemeyer-Pro Model, Fence System, and really Glad I did.

Russ Massery
04-27-2006, 4:41 PM
Basic rule or thumb is half the original price. Which $1100 is well within those guidelines:rolleyes:

Keith Beck
04-27-2006, 7:00 PM
Well, I called the fella a little bit ago to see if it was a good time to drop by and see the saw and he reported that he sold it today.

I know, I know, you snooze, you lose. Unfortunately, I couldn't leave work in the middle of the day to drive over there. I was hoping I'd at least have an opportunity to take a look at it. But, if I was in his shoes, I probably would have sold it to the first person with cash in hand too.

I just hope this wasn't one of those "once in a lifetime" deals and that something else will eventually come along. I'm sure this'll probably bug me for a long, long time (an opportunity lost and all that..).

Okay, feel free to kick me while I'm down... :(

Keith

Doug Shepard
04-27-2006, 8:06 PM
You better get over there before someone beats you to it.

I hate to say I told ya so, but ....

Dont you know that's what sick days are for??:D

Norman Hitt
04-27-2006, 8:33 PM
Well, I called the fella a little bit ago to see if it was a good time to drop by and see the saw and he reported that he sold it today.

I know, I know, you snooze, you lose. Unfortunately, I couldn't leave work in the middle of the day to drive over there. I was hoping I'd at least have an opportunity to take a look at it. But, if I was in his shoes, I probably would have sold it to the first person with cash in hand too.

I just hope this wasn't one of those "once in a lifetime" deals and that something else will eventually come along. I'm sure this'll probably bug me for a long, long time (an opportunity lost and all that..).

Okay, feel free to kick me while I'm down... :(

Keith

OK, consider yersef' KICKED REAL GOOD, fer not being over there "LAST NIGHT".:( :rolleyes: It's jest lak huntin, when the quarry steps into tha clearin' ya gotta squeeze tha Trigger.;)