PDA

View Full Version : Just Got My 20 in. Grizzly Planer

fRED mCnEILL
04-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Just picked up my new 20 inch Grizzly G0454 Planer today. I ordered it back in February and they said delivery would be the beginning of May but things obviously sped up.

Boy these things are heavy. Not like my Dewalt that you take out of the trunk, plug in and use. This machine must weigh close to 1000 lbs. and although my shop has easy access it still took some planning to get it in. Thank goodness for the bucket on the tractor. I wasn't impressed by the shipping crate as they use pretty scuzzy looking plywood but there was no damage to the planer and it all went together very nicely. I am also impressed by the quality of the manual.

Anyway the saw is all set up and waiting for a 220v plug so I can use it. Should get it up and running in the next day or so.

Fred Mc.

Russ Massery
04-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Congrats on the planer. But you better find the camera fast or the PIC police are going to come down on you fast!;)

Seth Poorman
04-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey Fred
Congrats on the big 20" planer, I know how you feel , When I got my Powermatic 18" Planer it was the happiest day of my life:D

Tyler Howell
04-27-2006, 11:24 AM
What planer:confused: :confused: I don't see a planer:confused: .

Steve Clardy
04-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Oops. Looks like the picture police has caught up with you:eek:

Congrats on the planer. My 20" has served me well.