PDA

View Full Version : Reconditioned Tool deal at Tyler Tools

Gary Herrmann
04-26-2006, 11:03 AM
I've had an 18v Dewalt for a long time. The batteries just aren't holding a charge very long any more. I was going to buy the 2 pack of 18v XRPs for $119. I surfed around the site for the heck of it and found the reconditioned Dewalt tools. I ordered the 18v hammer drill and impact driver with 2 XRP batteries, charger and a bag for $215. So I guess that means the reconditioned tools were about $50 each compared to the price for the batteries.

This is my first experiment with reconditioned tools. We'll see how it turns out. Pretty good price tho. I may go back in a few weeks for the batteries for the old drill. SWMBO chose not see the logic of new tools and new batteries.

Bill Lewis
04-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Not being familiar with "Tyler tools" I was half expecting to see something Thong related. I wasn't sure if I should be afraid to open this post...

You should have pretty good luck with the recon stuff, most people have had no problems.

Gary Herrmann
04-26-2006, 11:26 AM
I didn't browse the thong section...

Bob Noles
04-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Gary,

You may still want to consider rebuilding your spares. Check this fellow out. I had him rebuild some for me and found him to be honest, kind and reasonable. I have been very satisified with the rebuilds. He is a member of SMC as well.

http://www.batteryrebuilders.com/

Lopaka Garcia
04-26-2006, 3:58 PM
I"ve bought reconditioned power tools before and it's like brand new if not brand new. There are a few reasons why they sell things as reconditioned. People returning things that are broken or are not happy with will be sent back to the manufacturer and repaired and refurbished just as good as new. Another case is if a retailer or distributor has as overstock of an item and because it's already been in the "system" as sold, the manufacturer will sell it as reconditioned even if it's brand new and never been used. You get the same warranty as a new one. I always look for deals reconditioned/refurbished tools.

Russ Massery
04-26-2006, 9:24 PM
Same here, All the recon tools I've bought came in great condition. In fact "new" looking. And the Dewalt ones came with the same warranty as new. Gary, I did the same thing I bought a 12v Dewalt impact driver for less the price of just the 2 batteries alone.:D