PDA

View Full Version : Creeker sighting!!

Kelly C. Hanna
04-26-2006, 9:40 AM
Yesterday early evening Jim Becker stopped by during his trip to Dallas on business to visit. Upon finding out he was going to be in town, I invited him out to Terrell for some hickory smoked burgers and and a 'tour' of the little red shop in my backyard.

We had a nice visit and discussed everything from my wife's neverending project [walnut & maple table] to his plans for the new addition to his house.

We had a great conversation and Jim made friends with Miss Purdy [the shop cat]. Thanks for stopping by Jim, we enjoyed the company!

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-26-2006, 9:47 AM
Neat, so Jim DOES have a mouth and chin...........

:D

Jason Tuinstra
04-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Kelly,

Sounds like you guys had a good visit. The burgers sound delicious!

Art Mulder
04-26-2006, 1:15 PM

And a right ear as well. Go visit his website and see more. I think his icon is just so he doesn't have to comb his hair. :eek:

Best wishes, Jim and Kelly. It is enjoyable to bump into someone where you can share experiences and advice. I used to just go to the woodshows around here to see tools and demos. Now I look forward to meeting with folks just as much as everything else.

Steve Clardy
04-26-2006, 3:56 PM
Creeker visits are always great!!

Jim Becker
04-26-2006, 7:07 PM
The burgers sound delicious!

Oh, yea...really...Kelly is a professional when it comes to the culinary arts!

I think his icon is just so he doesn't have to comb his hair.

While I am somewhat "folicly challenged" on top...I more than make up for it in the back--it's been in a pony tail for about 15 years now.
------

I really did enjoy my visit to the Hanna compound. it was very much worth the drive out from Dallas. And I have a couple more pictures I'll add to the thread when I get home from Mexico City at the end of the week...no cable with me, unfortunately.

Rob Blaustein
04-27-2006, 4:51 PM
Jim, I'm surprised that you, a moderator, forgot about the SMC dress code explicity laid out in the TOS:

"When visiting another creeker, both the visitor and visitee shall wear blue jeans and a black top, and document this with photos. If both parties agree ahead of time, it is permissable for both to wear black pants and a blue jean shirt instead. But under no circumstances shall one creeker be wearing jeans and black shirt and the other wearing black pants and a jean shirt. And there must be no thongs nor any discussion of same..."

I hope I don't have to remind you of this again.

Vaughn McMillan
04-27-2006, 5:26 PM

:D I'm thinkin' it's time for a new avater...

:p

- Vaughn

Kelly C. Hanna
04-27-2006, 7:24 PM
Too funny Rob! I was not aware of that rule...good thing I complied, I prefer to stay on the good side of the rulebook. :D:D

Jim Becker
04-29-2006, 11:09 PM
As promised, here's a couple more pictures.

The obligatory "shop shot"...with the small table that Kelly is building for "the boss". His shop really "works" and is setup nicely to be effective despite it not being terribly large. Efficient and flexible describes what I saw.

The chef at work smokin' a few juicy burgers to help wash down the beer with, err...well, you know what I mean... :)

Corey Hallagan
04-29-2006, 11:38 PM
Looks like it was a good time in Terrel!

Corey