PDA

View Full Version : For Southen California Eyes Only

Jay Albrandt
04-25-2006, 4:38 PM
Hello All,

I am looking for unusual doors for my house (antique, reclaimed, etc.). Do any of you know of places I can visit to browse. I am willing to go as far North as SLO. I have looked all around San Diego and the internet.

Thank you for your time.

Jay

Jim DeLaney
04-25-2006, 5:31 PM
There's a architectural 'salvage' reseller place in Orange, just off the traffic circle. Take the Chapman (West) exit off the 55 freeway. It's about a mile to the traffic circle (Chapman & Glassell). Lots of antique/junque dealers in that neighborhood, too.

Lee DeRaud
04-25-2006, 6:27 PM
There's a architectural 'salvage' reseller place in Orange, just off the traffic circle. Take the Chapman (West) exit off the 55 freeway. It's about a mile to the traffic circle (Chapman & Glassell). Lots of antique/junque dealers in that neighborhood, too.It's pretty easy to miss: there's a back entrance tucked in between two buildings on the NW corner of the circle, but it's easier to get to from the "front", which is actually on Olive Street, one block west of the circle.

Mike Swindell
04-25-2006, 8:40 PM
There's a huge reclaimed yard in Los Angeles that has everything you might imagine. Here it is http://santafewrecking.com/

Good Luck

David Figueroa
04-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Jay, if you do go to Orange, I would be interested in feedback on what you found there. thanks.

Derek Arita
04-27-2006, 12:16 PM
There's a place in Santa Ana, on Main, near World Of Moulding, but I can't remember the name. It's a big place that handles mostly salvage stuff, although they do sell some new as well. Hopefully, someone can help out with the name.