PDA

View Full Version : Mail Organizer

Jacob Snow
04-25-2006, 12:04 PM
I am looking for plans for a mail oranizer. my wife has tasked my with trying to find a way to organize our mail when it come in, so does anyone have any plans/ideas?

Lee Schierer
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I made one a few years ago. I'm not sure if I still have the drawing or not. Here's what it looks like. http://home.earthlink.net/~us71na/whatnot.jpg

Brad Schmid
04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Hey Lee, I really like that! Thanks for posting.
would you mind posting dimensions, I need one of those BAAAAADDDDD?:cool:

Jacob Snow
04-25-2006, 12:49 PM
is it deep enough for legal letters? yeah i too would like dimensions/drawings :)

Brad Townsend
04-25-2006, 1:40 PM
I made one a few years ago. I'm not sure if I still have the drawing or not. Here's what it looks like. http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eus71na/whatnot.jpg Nice project, but the location isn't all that convenient.:D

Lee Schierer
04-25-2006, 2:21 PM
I will have to check at home and see if I still have the drawing I made. The partitions are 1/2" thick and the sides are 3/4" thick. You can scale off the photo using a ratio to get close. I think the depth was 5-1/2". The unit is 26" wide and 32" tall. This one was made for a friend who had a specific space in mind for it to fit. It was unfinished when delivered as she wanted to do the finishing herself. It is still in use.

Lee Schierer
04-25-2006, 2:22 PM
Nice project, but the location isn't all that convenient.:D

It also serves as a carrier pidgeon nesting box! :D

Lee Schierer
04-26-2006, 8:54 PM
Okay you guys asked for dimensions. Hopefully this file will upload and you can read it . I originally did the drawing in a poor cad prgram called Keycad. It istn't compatible with anything but itself and it was very hard to work with. It had an export function, but it never seemed to work.

Brad Schmid
04-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks Lee,

Appreciate you taking the time to post that info. LOML has wanted a solution like this for a long time;) It's now officially on my "to do" list.

Cheers