PDA

View Full Version : Weather Gloat

Joe Pelonio
04-25-2006, 8:18 AM
I suppose this means little or nothing to people in many areas of the country and world, but being in the Seattle area, I just had to say
how much we enjoyed the weather yesterday as it was 77 at 5pm. Since
it stays light until nearly 8pm now I spent the evening puttering around in
the garden. I can't remember it being so warm in April since we moved here in '93, and this is usually a wet month with highs in the low 50s.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-25-2006, 8:32 AM
I lived in Vancouver BC for 5 years, and I understand exactly what you are talking about!

Coming from Kelowna BC, where it can not rain in the summer for 4 months straight, Vancouver and this wet stuff falling from the sky all the freaking time was a bit of a shock.

We get it hard in Japan here in June.

Today it was a really nice sunny day in the morning, then around 1 PM the sky got dark, the street lights came on, then thunder, lightning and RAIN!!!

by 3PM it was bright and sunny again :D

Enjoy the nice weather, it IS Seattle after all ;)

Erin Raasch
04-25-2006, 8:47 AM
I suppose this means little or nothing to people in many areas of the country and world, but being in the Seattle area, I just had to say
how much we enjoyed the weather yesterday as it was 77 at 5pm. Since
it stays light until nearly 8pm now I spent the evening puttering around in
the garden. I can't remember it being so warm in April since we moved here in '93, and this is usually a wet month with highs in the low 50s.

We had a day just like that in Wisconsin yesterday . . . it just doesn't get any better than that. Too bad we're back to "normal" this morning; 37 degrees, cloudy, supposed to top out in the low 50's with a chance of rain, even light snow in some parts of the state. :(

You just gotta enjoy the good stuff while it lasts!

Erin

Lopaka Garcia
04-26-2006, 6:23 AM
I guess I shouldn't tell you guys what the weather's like here in Hawaii huh? :D

Karl Laustrup
04-26-2006, 6:42 AM
I guess I shouldn't tell you guys what the weather's like here in Hawaii huh? :D

Sure, go ahead. Just don't expect any nice replys. ;) :D :D

Karl

04-26-2006, 6:57 AM

They have weather in Hawaii...........?

I just thought it was always nice there :D

Chris Moore
04-26-2006, 8:59 AM
but they don't have tv weathermen. Or at least they didn't when I was going to college there. Instead of the weather segment, the news anchor would just read a few sentences at the end of newscast.

Al Navas
04-26-2006, 9:03 AM
Enjoy it while you CAN ! We lived near Rochester, NY for several years, and it is amazing how similar to Seattle's the weather was there. I believe we had a grand total of 35 days without rain or mostly-cloudy days every year, plus 7-8 month winters.

We were down to 35°F last night here in NW Missouri, which is quite a change from the spring-summer weather we experienced so early this year.

Al

04-26-2006, 9:04 AM
but they don't have tv weathermen. Or at least they didn't when I was going to college there. Instead of the weather segment, the news anchor would just read a few sentences at the end of newscast.
Can we say "nice past tense stealth gloat".....? :D

Joe Pelonio
04-26-2006, 9:20 AM
Yesterday was nice again, 75. Even my Red Japanese Maple seeds that I stratified in the fridge all winter and planted a couple of weeks ago are sprouting.

Unfortunately though, I made the mistake of wearing shorts today so we can expect the rain will be back by afternoon. Already clouds are showing up.

Vaughn McMillan
04-26-2006, 7:12 PM
Well, I'm sure glad you showed up here on SMC, Lopaka. That way I'm not the guy everyone hates for gloating about shirtsleeve weather when all the folks east and north of here are shovelling snow. :p

- Vaughn

Lee DeRaud
04-26-2006, 7:42 PM
Well, I'm sure glad you showed up here on SMC, Lopaka. That way I'm not the guy everyone hates for gloating about shirtsleeve weather when all the folks east and north of here are shovelling snow. :pYeah, McMillan, just because you live to the west of me doesn't give you the right to gloat about your weather.:D :cool:

Joe Pelonio
04-26-2006, 7:53 PM
Didn't they recently have flooding there on Oahu??

Don Baer
04-26-2006, 9:12 PM
Hi 80 and lo 90 here on Phoenix all week. I love it..:D

Vaughn McMillan
04-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, McMillan, just because you live to the west of me doesn't give you the right to gloat about your weather.:D :cool:
You Easterners are all alike. It's always about you, huh? :rolleyes: :p

(Checking the map, I'm not all that far west of you, and you're from "down south" anyway, so I guess you can also have gloatworthy weather, too. Plus, we can be united in our derision of Lopaka.) :D

- Vaughn