PDA

View Full Version : New table saw competition

Matt Meiser
04-25-2006, 7:35 AM
Watch out Delta, Powermatic, Jet, etc. :D

http://www.deere.com/en_US/parts/homeandworkshop/products/homeandworkshop_powertools_saws_tablesaw.html

http://www.deere.com/en_US/parts/media/images/homeandworkshop/products/powertools_saws_tablesaw.jpg

For those more inclined to use a guided saw system, there's a circular saw too. No mention if it is compatible with the EZ Smart system. :D

http://www.deere.com/en_US/parts/homeandworkshop/products/homeandworkshop_powertools_saws_7incircular.html

http://www.deere.com/en_US/parts/media/images/homeandworkshop/products/powertools_saws_7incircular.jpg

I haven't seen any reviews, but how can anything John Deere green not be good? :D

Steve Ash
04-25-2006, 7:45 AM
Wow...a dream come true....nothing runs like a Deere!:D

Anything with a turbo charger?:cool:

Alan East
04-25-2006, 7:48 AM
Got to be good if they are Deere - overpriced but good:D
Did you know they manufactured m1 rifles for a while?

Frank Pellow
04-25-2006, 8:07 AM
Do you really think that John Deere manufactures these items?

Ed Lang
04-25-2006, 8:19 AM
Not only Deere tracks in the yard and fields but now in the shop!

Wonder how they will stand behind this new product line?

Deere has stood behind every peice of equipment execpt their manure spreader for years.

Steve Clardy
04-25-2006, 8:28 AM
Not only Deere tracks in the yard and fields but now in the shop!

Wonder how they will stand behind this new product line?

Deere has stood behind every peice of equipment execpt their manure spreader for years.

:eek: :eek: :D :D Wonder why not?:D :D :D

Matt Meiser
04-25-2006, 8:35 AM

Blasphemy! How dare you question Green? :D

Frank Pellow
04-25-2006, 8:46 AM
Blasphemy! How dare you question Green? :D
Matt, is that your answer to my question?

Maybe John Deere is one of those religious topics that we are not allowed to discuss here on Saw Mill Creek. :D

Scott Vigder
04-25-2006, 9:15 AM
I have some nice bright Yellow DeWalt tools.
I have some dull Grey Delta tools.
I have a new Greenish Grizzly tool.
Got me a nice Green General tool.
Just bought a new Bright Blue Metabo tool.
Ordered me a new Milwaukee Red circular saw.

Now Deere is offering their trademark green. This could be dangerous. What if I get confused and try to climb onto my new Deere circular saw to mow my lawn?

Green seems to be leading the color derby. Am I going to need sunglasses just to walk into my shop?

Frank Pellow
04-25-2006, 9:20 AM
I have some nice bright Yellow DeWalt tools.
I have some dull Grey Delta tools.
I have a new Greenish Grizzly tool.
Got me a nice Green General tool.
Just bought a new Bright Blue Metabo tool.
Ordered me a new Milwaukee Red circular saw.

Now Deere is offering their trademark green. This could be dangerous. What if I get confused and try to climb onto my new Deere circular saw to mow my lawn?

Green seems to be leading the color derby. Am I going to need sunglasses just to walk into my shop?
Scott, you haven't quite got a raindow. I suggest that you purchase one of those nice purple Excalibur scroll saws to solve that problem.

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-25-2006, 9:21 AM

No Deere ain't makin 'em:
Altendorf and Martin are is making the TS as a joint effort and Festool is making the Circular saw.

The products are being private labled just for Deere.

Now step up please and pay close attention:
I have a nice bridge in NYC for sale and at quite a nice price too.

John Miliunas
04-25-2006, 9:37 AM
Now step up please and pay close attention:
I have a nice bridge in NYC for sale and at quite a nice price too.

Hey Cliff, that's cool! The LOML is kind of partial to Wisconsin, though. Any ocean front property available in the Milwaukee area, by chance??? :D :D :D :cool:

Frank Pellow
04-25-2006, 9:40 AM
Hey Cliff, that's cool! The LOML is kind of partial to Wisconsin, though. Any ocean front property available in the Milwaukee area, by chance??? :D :D :D :cool:
Lake Michigan is a ocean, isn't it? :confused:

Brett Baldwin
04-25-2006, 10:07 AM
You know, if you bought one of each of these JD tools, sealed it the original package inside a vacuum sealed crate and waited 150 years or so, imagine what you could get for it!

Frank Pellow
04-25-2006, 10:19 AM
You know, if you bought one of each of these JD tools, sealed it the original package inside a vacuum sealed crate and waited 150 years or so, imagine what you could get for it!
This is somewhat off-topic, but I more or less did that with one of the original X-Boxes from Microsoft. I wonder if the still shirink wrapped game player and a few shirink wrapped games for same will actually be worth a lot some day. :confused:

Mike Hollingsworth
04-25-2006, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=Cliff Rohrabacher]No Deere ain't makin 'em:
Altendorf and Martin are is making the TS as a joint effort and Festool is making the Circular saw.

The products are being private labled just for Deere.

yeah, right.
They don't look anything like Festool or Altendorf.
Looks morre like Lowe's answer to HD's Ridgid line.

Dick Bringhurst
04-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Cliff, what color is the bridge? Dick B.

Doug Shepard
04-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Do you know if my mulcher blade and bagger attachment will work on that TS?

Matt Meiser
04-25-2006, 9:02 PM
I don't know if the mulcher would fit, but I do know that if Lowes or Home Depot put these on the shelf, they would sell like hotcakes, just because of the Deere name. People (not that I know anyone like that) will buy anything with the Deere name on it. For example, a dog I know has a John Deere collar because even LOML ...err... I mean his mom thought it was cool.

Ian Barley
04-25-2006, 9:10 PM
I have no idea if there is any connection but JCB (big earth moving equipment - fantastic brand reputation) did the same thing over here a few years ago. You can get pretty much anything from a drill to a pallet truck with the JCB log on it. Can't say I own any. I am pretty sure that they don't make them themselves:)

Matt Meiser
04-25-2006, 9:22 PM
Cat, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Coke and anyone with a strong brand can do this sort of thing. They get paid for advertsing. When I worked at Cat, I remember during our new hire orientation program having a marketing guy talk at one of our meetings and mentioning that they had really strict requirements, including quality requirements, for anything that was licensed to use their name. Often the products aren't even sold by the owner of the name and I thought it was interesting that John Deere is selling these.

Steve Ash
04-25-2006, 9:23 PM
For example, a dog I know has a John Deere collar

My lab and my son's lab each have John Deere collars. One is green and yellow and the other is black and yellow.

Richard Neel
04-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Anyone else notice the spec page on the TS? It lists the weight of the saw at 56 lbs. How could this be?! It is either made of cardboard or that is a misprint.

Oh, Farmerssupply.net lists the price at $349. Definately not a "high end" saw.

Frank Chaffee
04-26-2006, 12:21 AM
Cat, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Coke and anyone with a strong brand can do this sort of thing. They get paid for advertsing. When I worked at Cat, I remember during our new hire orientation program having a marketing guy talk at one of our meetings and mentioning that they had really strict requirements, including quality requirements, for anything that was licensed to use their name. Often the products aren't even sold by the owner of the name and I thought it was interesting that John Deere is selling these.
HAHAHAHAHA,
And did I say HAHAHAHAHA?
I took a job for a couple years with a company that made wiring harnesses for big important Norte Americano heavy equipment manufacturers.
Personnel turnover was >50 to 70%/ year.
I made fixtures upon which harnesses were constructed.
Pay and benefits, not to mention the utter and complete disrespect of the workforce, were so insulting of human dignity that only the most faithful and desperate among our community kept this company alive for the last 30 years or so. Rich acquisitive incompetent managers are solely to blame for the demise of the productivity of an otherwise dedicated and willing workforce and that the company has been gobbled up again, and the work will soon be sent beyond our borders should come as no surprise to anyone.

Another big house on the hill, and more culturally sanctioned
YuK,
Frank

Don Baer
04-26-2006, 12:26 AM
:D
HAHAHAHAHA,
And did I say HAHAHAHAHA?
I took a job for a couple years with a company that made wiring harnesses for big important Norte Americano heavy equipment manufacturers.
Personnel turnover was >50 to 70%/ year.
I made fixtures upon which harnesses were constructed.
Pay and benefits, not to mention the utter and complete disrespect of the workforce, were so insulting of human dignity that only the most faithful and desperate among our community kept this company alive for the last 30 years or so. Rich acquisitive incompetent managers are solely to blame for the demise of the productivity of an otherwise dedicated and willing workforce and that the company has been gobbled up again, and the work will soon be sent beyond our borders should come as no surprise to anyone.

Another big house on the hill, and more culturally sanctioned
YuK,
Frank

Rush Lembo(sp??) couldn't have said it better...

Frank Chaffee
04-26-2006, 1:27 AM
Don,
I am very curious as to how you associate my observation of predatory business practices with the views of Rush L.

Please reply via the forum or our PM capability.

Thank You,
Frank Chaffee

Don Baer
04-26-2006, 1:41 AM
Frank,
I was being sarcastic. Sorry, I don't want to turn a thread into a political thing.

Vaughn McMillan
04-26-2006, 4:46 AM
Anyone else notice the spec page on the TS? It lists the weight of the saw at 56 lbs. How could this be?! It is either made of cardboard or that is a misprint.

Oh, Farmerssupply.net lists the price at $349. Definately not a "high end" saw.
Yeah, I saw that and the 2.6 HP and immediately thought "direct drive". Probably the same rating system that says my MV12 router is 3.25 hp. :p

- Vaughn

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-26-2006, 8:51 AM
Oh yeah baby I can get you ocean front property with a deep water pier & drydock right at the foot of Mount Idaho in the heart of Milwaukee, Wisconsin You can choose pacific or atlantic.

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-26-2006, 8:54 AM
Cliff, what color is the bridge? Dick B.

Any color you want.

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-26-2006, 8:56 AM
Frank,
I was being sarcastic. Sorry, I don't want to turn a thread into a political thing.

Oh c'mon lets get political:

Alan East
04-26-2006, 12:12 PM

LOML is an employee of the local Deere dealer. all kinds of stuff with Deere logos from dog collars & leashes to coffee cups. Grandkids have matching bright green Deere t shirts - makes them stand out in a crowd. Point being you can get almost anything with the logo.

Ted Jay
04-26-2006, 1:12 PM

Would you STAND behind a manure spreader?????:rolleyes:

Dan Oelke
04-26-2006, 3:11 PM
Would you STAND behind a manure spreader?????:rolleyes:

Sure!!
My Uncle's big spreader throws out the side. :D:D:D
Something like this one. (http://www.kuhnknight.com/kuhnknight/products/protwin.htm)

Frank Fusco
04-26-2006, 3:17 PM
I looked at this thread only to find out how one holds a competition with table saws. Like: Who can cut off their fingers the quickest? :eek: ;)

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-26-2006, 7:25 PM
I looked at this thread only to find out how one holds a competition with table saws. Like: Who can cut off their fingers the quickest? :eek: ;)

I vote for a race. Shove 'em down a steep hill.