PDA

View Full Version : Just a Quick Note.........

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-25-2006, 3:05 AM
It is now only 8 months to Chirstmas.......... :eek:

Get them lathes cranked up! :D

Mark Rios
04-25-2006, 3:32 AM
Yeah, but for me, it's ony one month till....well...nevermind.

John Hart
04-25-2006, 6:41 AM
Yeah, but for me, it's ony one month till....well...nevermind.

No....please...tell us Mark. One month till what? Perhaps we can help? :D

David Fried
04-25-2006, 6:49 AM
No....please...tell us Mark. One month till what? Perhaps we can help? :D

How do you get a horsie under the tree? :D

Steve Ash
04-25-2006, 7:52 AM
It is now only 8 months to Chirstmas.........

.....and 4 months away from Christmas commercials.....:eek:

04-25-2006, 8:01 AM
.....and 4 months away from Christmas commercials.....:eek:

and three from the pre-pre-pre-holiday sales...? :D

Mark Rios
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
How do you get a horsie under the tree? :D

Very carefully. Don't forget the big bucket.

Bernie Weishapl
04-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Dang Stu I haven't even got the last one paid for and here you are reminding me of the next one.:mad: :mad: Sheesh and I just got done with income tax. :( :( I need some new toys......errrrr tools for my lathe.;) ;) Does it ever end.:eek:

Dick Parr
04-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Stu, some of us wait until November to start on Christmas presents..:rolleyes: :D ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
04-25-2006, 11:20 PM
So Dick....do I understand this correctly.....you'll wait until November of 2006 to make presents for Christmas in 2007?:confused: :rolleyes: :p

Don Baer
04-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Lets see now.
Selling my house in California,
Moving to Arizona
Haven't even broke ground on new House/Shop in Arizona
Moving in with youngest son and putting stuff in storage in the mean time...(not the shop, temp shop in sons garage).
Soooo lets see
I need to worry about Christmas. Don't think so.
got other things on my mind

Lee DeRaud
04-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Lets see now.
Moving to Arizona
Moving in with youngest son and putting stuff in storage in the mean time...(not the shop, temp shop in sons garage).
Soooo lets see
got other things on my mindI gotta stop spending so much time on this forum:
I read that last line as "got other thongs on my mind".:eek:

Don Baer
04-26-2006, 12:15 AM
your right Lee. I read your reply and had to go back and re-ready my original just to make sure i didn't make a typo/fruedian slip...:eek: ...:D

04-26-2006, 12:43 AM
Lets see now.
Moving to Arizona
Soooo lets see
got other things on my mind

Don, me thinks you will be thinking about Christmas 2010 :D

Good luck with it all!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-26-2006, 12:48 AM
Let's see............Tyler launched to the East, South and West.....there's a lot of folks who could end up with an tan envelope with something in it.....Don.....Lee......you guys haven't been hassling Tyler have you?:confused: .....thong:confused: ......You might have reason to be nervous and have "thong" on the mind!:D

Don Baer
04-26-2006, 1:16 AM
Don, me thinks you will be thinking about Christmas 2010 :D

Good luck with it all!

Nah Stu. I have every hope of being in my new home/Shop by Christmas 2006..:rolleyes: . We have the builder and the utilities are in on the street. once they are inspectected they can put in the paving and curbs. Then we can start on the structures..:)

They tell me that they will start on the streeets and curbs "any day now"

I've only started on this project 9 months ago so there is light at the end of the tunnel. This is going to be our retirement home although I am not ready to retire yet but it will be our last home..:D

04-26-2006, 1:29 AM
Sounds good Don!

"Any day now"

Yeah, heard that before.

Here in Japan, in my area, the main road has been widened, they started right about the time I came to Japan, and are almost done, the road is less than a mile long.......

Oh yeah, I came to Japan in August of.......... 1990........ :eek:

Guess what, they are government workers, not a private contractor....:rolleyes:

Cheers!

PS, remember, lots of pics!
:D:D

Frank Chaffee
04-26-2006, 1:43 AM
Hey Don,
I helped my BIL build a house at the base of Black Mtn. in Carefree, and I remember that I traveled thru lotza desert when I first visited Taliesin West, so I sympathize with the travails you are likely encountering now. Scottsdale Rd. used to be gravel!!!
Frank

Don Baer
04-26-2006, 1:53 AM
Hey Don,
I helped my BIL build a house at the base of Black Mtn. in Carefree, and I remember that I traveled thru lotza desert when I first visited Taliesin West, so I sympathize with the travails you are likely encountering now. Scottsdale Rd. used to be gravel!!!
Frank

Frank,
Our future home site is in the country east of Queen Creek since LOML and I are trying to be far enough from the urban sprall of Phoenix yet close enough that whe we grow older we can get the inevidibale mediacl care we all know we will need. We know full well that some day the city will catch up with us but for today the farms, country roads and horse ranches are far more apealing then the crowded freeways, taggers and drive by shootings Southern California...:D

Frank Chaffee
04-26-2006, 2:08 AM
You have found a nice neck of the woods, no, excuse me, desert, yes desert, there Don. I got family and friends round there, and likely we will meet up in the future. Moving back to Tucson area later this year myself.
Happy trails,
Frank

Don Baer
04-26-2006, 2:12 AM
Frank,
I look "for wood" to hooking up with you. BIL lives in Green Valley south of Tucson so we will be down there quit often..

Barry Stratton
04-26-2006, 2:26 AM
It is now only 8 months to Chirstmas.......... :eek:

Yeah, but most of us have an extra day compared to you.........

Vaughn McMillan
04-26-2006, 2:38 AM
...the crowded freeways, taggers and drive by shootings Southern California...:D
C'mon Don, that's what gives this place its own kind of charm. Where's your sense of adventure? :p

I can so totally relate. Even though I've found a nice little area a bit off the beaten path here, I sure get tired of living with 8 million of my closest friends. Hopefully someday I'll be able to peel LOML away from this place. She's never lived anywhere but LA, so she really doesn't know what she's missing.

- Vaughn

Frank Chaffee
04-26-2006, 3:27 AM
Don,
We have a guest bedroom, get in touch anytime.
We are out Oracle Road, by Catalina.
I put in gas lines, fireplaces, fire rings, and sweet outdoor kitchen units in Green Valley, once upon a time. I welded sq. steel tubular frames, covered w/ cement board, tiled the tops, and dug the lines in with a pick and shovel. …But I was barely 50 yrs old then.

Frank

Just remembered!, natural hot spring near Queen Creek!!! Will see you there!!!