PDA

View Full Version : Gloat and ungloat

Terry Quiram
08-25-2003, 8:09 PM
Ungloat first. A friend asked me to help him rework the rails of his pool table. Seems they were attached with lag screws and he wanted T-slots. Setup the table saw to rip the bolt slot with the dado set. Made about 6" into the first cut and ran into the broken tip of a 1/4" lag screw. He said I thought it was deep enough and you wouldn't hit it. :mad: I finished making the cuts but really smoked his boards. He is either sharpening or replacing the dado set.

Gloat. Was in Woodcraft tonight buying the T-slot bit for the above mentioned pool table and they had some lathe tools on sale. Got a Kelton handle and mini hollower set for 50% off. Sorry Kevin they only had one left.

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-25-2003, 8:17 PM
Sorry to hear about the Dado Set Terry.........I'll bet that just about steamed ya! No problem on the Turning Tools, I appreciate you thinking about me anyway! ;) I'm currently negotiating the deal on the Jet Mini.................I don't know how to completely use the "Big Boy" yet, but the deal sounds too good to pass up. :D The Wife is in a pretty good mood, so I may have to give GIS a call tommorrow. :)