PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolf blades

Rob Littleton
04-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Heard these are the ones to get...........

where do you get yours? I need to get some for my MM16.

cheers

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-23-2006, 11:19 PM
I know that Woodcraft carries them. One thing............... YOU DO NOT PUT A FULL Tension on them. Snug them up. Turn the bandsaw on and tighten just until the wobble stops. Add 1/2 turn and you're done. They are a LOW Tension Blade. If you over tension them, they will break!

Bruce

Mark Rios
04-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Call Suffolk Machinery direct: (800) 234-7297

Tell them what you have and what you want to do and then give them your card number and they will take care of you for the rest of your days. They are VERY good at taking care of their customers needs.

Bernie Weishapl
04-23-2006, 11:28 PM
I get my from Suffolk Machinery. Call them and tell them what you want to cut and how you want to cut. They will tell you what blades to get. I went to Woodcraft to get blades and they are $10 to $12 or more higher than Suffolk Machinery. If you want a good blade for resawing I would recommend the 1/2" woodslicer from Highland Hardware. Very little sanding with this one. I use a 1/4" X 8 tpi, 3/8" X 6 tpi and a 1/2" 3 tpi. Does all I need.

Allen Bookout
04-23-2006, 11:30 PM
I buy mine from Suffolk Machinery also. Good to deal with. Here is their website:

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/

Frank Fusco
04-24-2006, 5:23 PM
I get mine from Suffolk. Not only are they a dollar or two cheaper there than others but their service is top rate. Last order I placed, I asked for 93" and the tech/sales guy told me I had an older version of my bandsaw and only needed a 92". They had kept the info from my first order a couple years prior. The Timberwolf blades are excellent. I couldn't believe the difference whan I made the change. Be sure to ask for specials. My last order I had planned to get two, but they had a '4 for 3' pricing special and I ended up with four new blades.

Jim Becker
04-24-2006, 5:28 PM
Suffolk direct. Woodcraft carries the PS Wood-assembled blades from the same stock, but they are almost twice as expensive as buying from Suffolk, especially with the very common, buy three, get four deal they sometimes have.

Dennis McDonaugh
04-24-2006, 7:12 PM
My woodcraft doesn't stock a 145" blade either.

Hunter Wallace
04-25-2006, 7:50 AM
I just walk down the road here in sleepy little Charlestown, NH
and walk into "Dan's MaxSaver"...a nondescript little dollar/discount
store. He's got those, a full line of Kreg accessories, Delta/PC/DeWalt
tools, Bessey clamps...all out in a large back room.

Gosh I'm a lucky boy!!!!:D

Now if I can only convince him get Lie-Nielsen in here.....

Frank Fusco
04-25-2006, 4:32 PM
My woodcraft doesn't stock a 145" blade either.

Suffolk doesn't stock. They cut and weld to your order.