PDA

View Full Version : Tables

Steve Jenkins
08-25-2003, 1:56 PM
Here are a cherry dining table and two zebrawood end tables that I've finally got pics. of

Roger Fitzsimonds
08-25-2003, 2:01 PM
very nice work. Did you do the chairs also?

Roger

Tom Sweeney
08-25-2003, 2:06 PM
Steve,
I love the cherry table - do the legs have curly figure or is it just the pic? That top is gorgeous - did you do the bookmatch on the grain? It's perfect.

Thanks for posting.

Jim Becker
08-25-2003, 2:12 PM
Beautiful work, Steve.

Todd Burch
08-25-2003, 2:33 PM
I sure like that cherry table!! Nice color.

chaddhamilton
08-25-2003, 3:30 PM
Beautiful tables. I too am curious about that book mathced cherry tabletop. Musta been one helluva thick plank... Anyway, very nice work.

Mike Mastin
08-25-2003, 3:43 PM
If I am not mistaken, Steve has bookmatch veneered this Cherry tabletop.

Carl Eyman
08-25-2003, 3:58 PM
Very fine work. Certainly worthy of this site!

Gord Graff
08-25-2003, 6:16 PM
Hi Steve

Very nice work on both projects. I really like the Zebrawood tables, that's not taking anything at all away from the Cherry dining table, it's a beauty too. Thanks for sharing them.

All the best
Gord

Jim Baker
08-25-2003, 6:39 PM
Beautiful tables, Steve. Can you tell us about the finish on the cherry table?

I have never worked with cherry before - only oak. I have just over 200 bf of nice cherry at the kiln right now. It should be ready in mid-late September, so I'm looking for some good cherry finishing ideas.

Jim Becker
08-25-2003, 8:31 PM
I have never worked with cherry before - only oak. I have just over 200 bf of nice cherry at the kiln right now. It should be ready in mid-late September, so I'm looking for some good cherry finishing ideas.

One of the best regimens that I know of for cherry is detailed on Steve Mickley's Finishing Pages (http://johnjacobmickley.net/Shop%20Pages/Finishing%20Frame.htm)

Tony Falotico
08-25-2003, 8:37 PM
The dining room table is a work of art, Beautiful work Steve!

Jim Baker
08-25-2003, 9:39 PM
One of the best regimens that I know of for cherry is detailed on Steve Mickley's Finishing Pages (http://johnjacobmickley.net/Shop%20Pages/Finishing%20Frame.htm)

Thanks for the link, Jim. I have printed out the pages and will read them later tonight. Mr. Mickley appears to be an excellent craftsman.

Jim Becker
08-25-2003, 9:45 PM
Thanks for the link, Jim. I have printed out the pages and will read them later tonight. Mr. Mickley appears to be an excellent craftsman.

My friend, Mr. Mickly knows what he is doing. He's a regular contributor at another forum I "inhabit" (I've suggested he check SMC out...) and has a short sidebar in WOOD Magazine awhile back on finishing pine. I've learned a lot from him, both from his postings and from a few email exhanges. I hope to visit him one of these days if I get to his area of Ohio in my business travels as I'd really like to rub my hands on his furniture! :D

Doug Jones
08-25-2003, 9:45 PM
What can I say that hasn't already been said. Great job on the tables, I never would of thought zebrawood would make such a good looking table.

Paul D. May
08-26-2003, 7:17 AM
Nice looking pieces Steve! As always :-)

Paul