PDA

View Full Version : Delta Mobile Bases - Looking for a size chart ?

Doug Shepard
04-23-2006, 4:25 PM
Does anyone know of either a webpage on Delta or a sellers website that lists all the Delta mobile bases and the size machines they will accomodate?
I've been searching in vain. So far the only alternative seems to be finding out what machine they fit, then looking up that machine to see what size it is. I'm looking for a 20" x 32" capacity to replace the universal Delta type under my router table.

Tim Armstrong
04-23-2006, 4:50 PM
Hi Doug, All the mobile bases and model numbers are listed with Dimensions on the fron page of the owners manuals for any of them. Along with the machines they are supposed to fit. It looks like 50-342 which is 20" x 32 1/2" would work for you. It looks like it's for the Oscillating Edge Sander but the dimensions are right. I can fax you this page or email you a scan if you want to PM me.

Tim

Doug Shepard
04-23-2006, 5:10 PM
Hi Doug, All the mobile bases and model numbers are listed with Dimensions on the fron page of the owners manuals for any of them. Along with the machines they are supposed to fit. It looks like 50-342 which is 20" x 32 1/2" would work for you. It looks like it's for the Oscillating Edge Sander but the dimensions are right. I can fax you this page or email you a scan if you want to PM me.

Tim

Fantastic! That's exactly what I was looking for. Not only that, but once I had a model nbr and searched it on Delta's site, I was able to find the chart I was looking for. Dont know why they made that so hard to find on their site.
http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=2143

Thanks a lot.

Doug Shepard
04-23-2006, 5:37 PM
Tim
Does that manual you have show which side of the mobile base the lift pedal & pivot wheel is mounted on? The chart I was finally able to find shows "Dimension A" and "Dimension B" but there's no diagram that shows the orientation of the wheels with respect to those sizes. I'm hoping the locking wheels and pivot wheel are mounted on the short 20" sides but I looked up the osc. edge sander and suspect the wheels might be mounted on the long sides.

Thanks again

Doyle Alley
04-24-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm looking for a 20" x 32" capacity to replace the universal Delta type under my router table.

This brings up one of those "Things-that-make-you-go-hume" questions. Is there any significant functional difference between the pre-made fixed sized Delta bases and the universal Delta bases?

Doug Shepard
04-24-2006, 12:25 PM
This brings up one of those "Things-that-make-you-go-hume" questions. Is there any significant functional difference between the pre-made fixed sized Delta bases and the universal Delta bases?

I'm just not real happy with the universal one and want to replace it with a welded steel unit. I've had the universal for around 8-9 years and it sags/racks/grumbles/hangs up while moving, etc.. I used some extremely hard pallet oak thinking it would last forever, but after a couple of years of use, the holes started wearing and things started going to pot. If I were to remake it again, I'd use 1-1/2" square steel tubing instead of wood. The cost of the 50-342 is only around $70 though, so I'd rather just go with a new one and sell off the hardware kit to someone else that wants to make one from sq. steel tubing (or wood).

Tim Armstrong
04-24-2006, 6:33 PM
Tim
Does that manual you have show which side of the mobile base the lift pedal & pivot wheel is mounted on? The chart I was finally able to find shows "Dimension A" and "Dimension B" but there's no diagram that shows the orientation of the wheels with respect to those sizes. I'm hoping the locking wheels and pivot wheel are mounted on the short 20" sides but I looked up the osc. edge sander and suspect the wheels might be mounted on the long sides.

Thanks again

Hey Doug,

I'm afraid I don't have that sheet in front of me (travelling on business in Boston for a few days so I'm not at home) but I don't think that it indicates where the pedal is. I agree that's a key question and I can't find an online version of the owners manual for a mobile base. I'll look again as soon as I get home and post another reply if there is anything helpful. Cheers.

Tim

Doug Shepard
04-24-2006, 6:38 PM
Hey Doug,

I'm afraid I don't have that sheet in front of me (travelling on business in Boston for a few days so I'm not at home) but I don't think that it indicates where the pedal is. I agree that's a key question and I can't find an online version of the owners manual for a mobile base. I'll look again as soon as I get home and post another reply if there is anything helpful. Cheers.

Tim

Thanks for checking Tim. I just placed an order with toolking.com. They seemed to be the only ones that had them listed as being in stock so I emailed them this morning and asked if they could look at one and tell me which side the pivot wheel is on. They replied back a little bit ago. It's on the 20" side just like I was hoping.

Thanks again.