PDA

View Full Version : I am a deadbeat

Gary Herrmann
04-22-2006, 9:03 PM
I go downtown to buy some wood from Tom at Lumber Logs. The wife and son come with because we have an appt at 10:30. I pick up some qsawn white oak, qsawn sycamore, a bit of cherry, a bit of walnut and a chunk of pear.

Thats when I realize that I didn't bring the check book, nor did the wife. Tom graciously let me abscond with the wood. I mailed the check this afternoon.

The check is in the mail. Geez, that sounds horrible.

Jim Becker
04-22-2006, 9:37 PM
And he knows you'll be back for more...you have that look of "lumber addiction" in the eyes, my friend... :D

Joe Mioux
04-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Yea but Tom he knows you.:)

I send out somewhere between 400 and 500 statements every month AND to many people I don't know.

It is nice to be in a community (wood) where your word is as good as his wood!

Joe

Guy Germaine
04-24-2006, 8:26 AM
That doesn't surprise me. Tom is a class act!

Jim Dunn
04-24-2006, 11:17 PM
No suprise here, Tom is indeed a class act. Course his interest rates are a little high. Gary, when do you get your wife and son back??:)

Tom Sontag
04-25-2006, 2:34 AM
Gary just wants everyone here to believe he mailed the check. I will let you know whether he truly did. :)

I actually did offer to hold the little squirt as ransom but when they both quickly suggested that it sounded like a great idea, my keen instincts offered him back.

Let us know what you make with that cherry Gary; it was a nice piece.

Thanks for the nice comments Guy and Jim. I would have done the same for you. Well, at least for Jim. ;-)

Guy Germaine
04-25-2006, 7:16 AM
No problem, Tom. The next time I come over you can watch Isabella while I load the truck. :D

Hey...You have any figured maple over there?

Tom Sontag
04-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Frankly, dogs as collateral does appeal to me more than kids. Isabella would work as collateral for about 1,000bf. :eek:

Our figured maple includes ambrosia, spalted and that pastel colored lightly spalted ambrosia plus a few blistery figured boards. No tiger.

Jim O'Dell
04-25-2006, 2:41 PM
Hey, Gary. Down here we call that a charge account. Dead beats usually don't qualify!! Sounds like a great place to get wood. Wish it was a little further south! I do still need to go visit Mike at Curly Woods. One of these days...Jim

Guy Germaine
04-26-2006, 7:25 AM
Frankly, dogs as collateral does appeal to me more than kids. Isabella would work as collateral for about 1,000bf. :eek:
That's probably pretty close! :rolleyes:

Our figured maple includes ambrosia, spalted and that pastel colored lightly spalted ambrosia plus a few blistery figured boards. No tiger.
It doesn't necessarily have to be tiger. I just want something with some figure for the tops of some boxes I need to make. There's a guy here at work whose wife owns a gourmet cooking supply type of store, and they want me to make some tea boxes to sell on consignment.

I'll get in touch with you in the next couple of weeks. Need some more walnut too.

Gary Herrmann
04-26-2006, 8:38 AM
We mailed the check Sunday afternoon. Hopefully it arrives today or tomorrow. Good choice on your part not to use the boy as collateral. Its tiring trying to keep up with him sometimes.

When I come back with my buddy, I'll need to check out that maple.

Tom Sontag
04-26-2006, 9:58 AM
Check received. Gary's name is still golden. Thanks Gary.