View Full Version : Pattern Maker's Rasp?

Dennis Peacock
08-25-2003, 11:18 AM
I have seen several shows and video's that reference using a pattern makers rasp for various aspects of woodworking. Call me dumb, but I can't seem to find a "pattern makers rasp" anywhere. So, what am I missing here? Is it called something else and everyone just refers to it as a pattern makers rasp? Whazzup whi-dat?

Roger Myers
08-25-2003, 11:54 AM

Nicholsoln makes the #49 and #50 pattern makers rasps - think fine cutting file for wood...used for shaping and smoothing i.e., cabriole legs... Lee Valley among others carries them. Very useful for hand work..not a lot of difference in cut between the two #50 is a finer cut.


Jay Kilpatrick
08-25-2003, 12:40 PM
Check out James Town Distributors too. They had a great deal on these a while back at $25 each...they normally run $48 -50 each