PDA

View Full Version : More health problems

Ken Salisbury
04-22-2006, 2:01 PM
Monday I awoke from a nap and I felt like I had 2 concrete blocks on my chest :eek: , blood pressure was 195/115 :eek: . Called my Cardioligist and was told to go to the ER.

Spent most of the evening on cardiograms, xrays, cat scans, shots, etc, etc. Blood pressure got as high as 215/120. After several shots they got my blood pressure reduced somewhat. They admitted me to the cardiac care unit early Tues morning. I then took a passive stress test Tuesday and got the scare of my life. I was injected with medicine supposing to increase by heart rate to 140bmp with electro cardigram monitoring. Heart rate got to 145 and then WAM ! it jumped to 250 bpm almost instantaniously. Nurses and my Cardioligist worked fevorusly to get it slowed down. I really though I had "bought the farm". Felt like I had just completed running the marathon

Spent 2 days in the hospital cardiac care unit - blood pressure slowly lowering from medicine givin - more tests - shots - medicine, etc. None of the tests indicated an actual heart attack and as yet no explantion of why my blood pressure was elevated to begin with.

I am back home with blood pressure normal (135/85) - checking it 3 times a day. The Heart Center doctors seem as confused as I am as to the cause of the BP problems :confused: . The elevated heart rate during the stress test was a reaction to the medicine given to raise the rate.

Actually feel pretty good today - at least good enough to have a Bud Light whil making this post :) .

I am really sick and tired of being sick and tired

David Wilson
04-22-2006, 2:53 PM
Hang in there Ken. Maby you should change brands? Can I recomend Michelob Amber Bach?

Bob Weisner
04-22-2006, 4:44 PM
Yuengling is a much better beer!:D

Tyler Howell
04-22-2006, 5:00 PM
Chill Dude! That usually works for me:confused:

Ron Jones near Indy
04-22-2006, 5:15 PM
Glad to see you're doing better and able to swim the Creek. May each day find you feeling a little better!

Steven Wilson
04-22-2006, 6:10 PM
Boy that bites, rapid heart beats are no fun. What drug did they give you to induce, Adenozine? I hate that stuff. Anyhow, just remember that heart plumbing problems (what your Cardiologist is looking at) and electrical problems (possibly the rapid heart beat) aren't necessarily related. I have plumbing problems that have been taken care of by a couple of stents and an electrical problem that hopefully has been taken care of by Ablation. It's no fun to go out fly fishing in the middle of nowhere and have your heart start racing or go into Afib. Take care, they will eventually figure it out.

Fred Voorhees
04-22-2006, 6:20 PM
Glad to hear your feeling better Ken. As I quickly approach 50 years old (in just a few short years) I can appreciate good health all the more - not that I'm in tip top shape, cause I'm not. But I greatly look forward to retiring in seven years and I really do want to be healthy enough to enjoy the time of my life after my working years. I do have plans and I want to put them into play when its time. Only bad health will keep me from doing that. Keep an eye on those situations Ken and do whatever is needed.

Dan Oliphant
04-22-2006, 6:29 PM
I'm rootin for your corner Ken. Go carve a funny looking troll and then give him all your negative thoughts, keep only positive thoughts for you.

Frank Pellow
04-22-2006, 7:28 PM
Hang in there Ken. Maby you should change brands? Can I recomend Michelob Amber Bach?
Beter yet, switch to Guiness. After all, as the ads used to say: "Guiness is good for you".

Good luck and good health Ken.

Dennis Peacock
04-22-2006, 7:47 PM
Thanks for giving us an update on your status Ken. I'll keep you in my prayers and we'll hope and pray for the best for you in the days ahead.

John Bush
04-22-2006, 8:12 PM
Hi Ken, Thanks for the update and I'm glad you are on the mend. Best wishes ,John.

Richard Gillespie
04-22-2006, 8:22 PM
After just being hospitalized for rapid heart beat last weekend, I completely sympathize. Get well quick.

Rick

Randy Moore
04-22-2006, 8:32 PM
I am glad that you are doing better. Just keep doing what the Dr's say. Enjoy a cold beer for me, I used to drink Bud Light too. Hang in there and tell the man upstairs you still have things to make and posts to
edit.

I hope to retire at 55, in 2.5 years but I haven't taken care of my body like I should have. Drank WAY TOO much--quit that 12 years ago--, smoke too much and lived life on the edge. I should be dead, but someone must have plans for me.

Mark Rios
04-22-2006, 8:33 PM
Take it easy Ken. We want you around. I hope you get back to normal soon.

Dave Ray
04-22-2006, 8:55 PM
Ken, glad you got to the Doc in time. We need your steady hand around the creek for a long time to come. Would suggest you do change that light beer to the Amber Bach tho. Better tasting. :D :D :D

Jim Becker
04-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Yuengling is a much better beer!
Yuengling makes me sneeze (gives Dr. SWMBO the hives)...if it has to come from a bottle, Dos Equis is my choice! (but it's better on tap)
-------

Seriously, Ken...I hope you're feeling better and don't have a rerun of that particular scenario!

Joe Mioux
04-22-2006, 10:22 PM
BUD LIGHT is just what you need!

AB stock is is needs get back up in the 50's.:)

Ken, It is good to hear that you are feeling better this evening. Hope you keep the BP stable.

Joe

Ken Fitzgerald
04-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Ken.........give those Drs. time........They'll figure it out! We're thinking of you!

Lee Schierer
04-24-2006, 2:26 PM
Wow, that would be scary. Hopefully they figure out what triggered it, though in the meantime I would perscribe more pen turning and woodworking.

Jerry Olexa
04-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Ken, glad you're back to normal. BP can be scary and is easily affected by noise, stress, emotion, etc Could've been something you were simply concerned about that day @ home. IMHO. I'm no MD, but I know my BP goes up when I'm in a Dr's office and they start sticking needles, etc. Take care of yourself..

Michael Gibbons
04-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Take 'er easy Ken. What you need instead of a beer is a nice cold glass of fresh carrot juice!:)

Charles Hans
04-25-2006, 7:15 PM
Ken, glad to hear that you are getting better, that would be a frightening thing to have that happen, and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am as of yesterday out of comission as far as woodworking goes for the next six weeks so I know of what you speak. they found that my heart was skipping every fourth beat, and I was feeling tired all the time. After a trip to my cardiologist he determined that I needed a pacemaker so they did it yesterday. I will be able to get back to the shop after everything heals up but until then they said not to lift more than 5 to 7 pounds with my left arm. Guess I will be a visitor here until all is mended and I can get back to the shop.

Jerry White
04-25-2006, 8:32 PM
Ken,

You never know how you will react to medication individually. I recently had a similar incident in the dentist's office with an anesthetic...only I got over it in about ten minutes. Glad you are back with us! And keep drinking what got you this far down the path.

Jerry

Don Baer
04-25-2006, 9:20 PM
Ken,
Glad to hear your feeling better. You never know what meds interact with whatever meds your on. I need Knee surgery and am putting it off (I need to loose some more weight before I let them put me under). Hang in there were pulling for ya.

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Hang in there Ken, What I've found, due to LOML's medical problems, is that the more technology there is the less that doctors are able to really diagnose of understand the cause.

Bruce

Paul Downes
04-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Ken, Hope things work out and you feel better. I had a similar problem a couple years ago. It sure is scary when at 42 yrs. one experiances an irregular heart beat. Truns out it was a reaction to a medication that was later found to cause heart attacks. I also had the chemical stress test and had a bad reaction to the crap. The cardiologist gave me all kinds of lip when I told him the symptoms went away when I quit taking the medication. They can be a rather proud bunch. i would have liked to see his face when the FDA came out with the warnings a few months after my incident.