PDA

View Full Version : Rubberized Spray For Tool Drawers...

Derek Arita
04-22-2006, 2:01 PM
The tools in my steel tool chest are forever sliding around. I tried the cut out, rubber mats, but even those get bunched up. I figured if there was some kind of non-slip spray on stuff, it would work great. Anyone know of this type of product or something even better?

Ted Shrader
04-22-2006, 2:10 PM
Derek -

This doesn't address the spray-on ruber grip question. . . . . But, have you tried rubber backed carpet runner? I have carpet runner turned upside down and it does not bunch like those light weight rubber sheets do. The tools stay put, too. Got mine from one of the big box stores off a bulk rool for really cheap.

Regards,
Ted.

Steve Clardy
04-22-2006, 2:12 PM
Or maybe cork sheets. Glued down in the corners.

Per Swenson
04-22-2006, 6:22 PM
This should work.
Brush on bedliner.
Here is a example.... http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Herculiner/Herculiner_brush_on_bedliner.htm

Per

Bob Rufener
04-22-2006, 8:55 PM
I would suggest using the rubber mats that you have tried but use a spray adhesive to glue them in place. If you decide to do this, you need to be careful when you set the mats in place.

Tyler Howell
04-22-2006, 9:05 PM
ID/OD Carpet Remnants.
Little carpet tape in the corners.
Vacuums clean.
Free
Going on 30 years.

Bart Leetch
04-22-2006, 9:11 PM
I would suggest using the rubber mats that you have tried & double stick tape.

Kelly Anderson
04-22-2006, 11:15 PM
I have seen a spray on version of I think that it is called Palstic Dip, that stuff you can get to dip your tool handles in. I think I have seen it at one of the Borgs or you could probally find it on line. I was at lowes today and they have it there in black.

Stan Mijal
04-23-2006, 10:38 AM
The tools in my steel tool chest are forever sliding around. I tried the cut out, rubber mats, but even those get bunched up. I figured if there was some kind of non-slip spray on stuff, it would work great. Anyone know of this type of product or something even better?

Try an automotive parts store that carries Duplicor products. They have a spray on bedliner (black) that comes in an aerosol can (as well as brush on quats and gallons) About $7-8 per can.

Ken Garlock
04-23-2006, 1:18 PM
Before you use a product that was not made for the problem you have, stop and Office Depot a get a bottle of rubber cement. Use it to glue down the edges of your current mats. It is a lot cleaner than some other solutions.