PDA

View Full Version : I am new here - a short intro

Al Navas
04-22-2006, 8:48 AM
Hi. Just a quick note to introduce myself.

I am Al, and I have been looking for a while. This is only my second post, but look forward to sharing. My wife and I have a shop near St Joseph, MO. We enjoy working together in the shop. You can view some photos of the shop and work surroundings at our web site:

Al

Bob Noles
04-22-2006, 8:54 AM
Welcome to the Creek Al. Took a look at your link and I must say that you have a first class set up for sure.

Good to have you with us and look forward to sharing ideas with you.

joseph trueman
04-22-2006, 9:11 AM
hola, al...

i'd be interested in hearing a little about your beginnings as an woodshop entrepreneur...

i'm new here, also! welcome to the creek.

regards,

joe

Steve Clardy
04-22-2006, 9:24 AM
Welcome Al and Joseph!!

Pete Harbin
04-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the creek Al. Looks like you have a nice shop there!

Pete

Dennis Peacock
04-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Al and Joseph......Welcome to SMC. Great place to be and lots of really nice folks to hang out with. But ya gotta watch Ol' Steve Clardy!!!!:p :rolleyes: :D

Jim Becker
04-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Welcome to SMC, folks! A nice place to hang your tools!

Charlie Plesums
04-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Welcome Al and Sandy, and welcome to Joe as well. Hope you enjoy the company here as much as I do... look forward to seeing more of your projects and activites.

lou sansone
04-22-2006, 11:58 AM
welcome to the creek al and sandy
nice looking shop. what mats do you have on the floor ? they look comfortable.

best wishes
lou

Ken Fitzgerald
04-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Welcome to the Creek Sandy and Al..........Neat place to exchange ideas and gather opinions!

Rob Littleton
04-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Nice hang out Al......picture 1 says Shop and playground.......isn't that the same thing? hehehehe.

Welcome aboard bud. Like that web site a lot. Nice work.

Ted Shrader
04-22-2006, 2:13 PM
Hi Al -

Welcome! This is a great place to hang out and exchange ideas and experiences. Glad to have you.

Regards,
Ted

Al Navas
04-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Sure appreciate all your welcoming notes and comments!

Lou:

The material on the floor is vinyl, typically used on garage floors (from JNK Products). We decided to put regular carpet padding under it (from the BORG), to make it easier on our legs and knees. Now we can stand and work in the shop for hours without the fatigue we used to experience standing on bare concrete floors.

I believe that the vinyl size we bought was 10' X 22' (3 each), leaving a bare concrete run about 5 feet wide to operate the engine hoist and move the heavy tools as needed. The carpet padding is taped around the outer edges to the concrete with double sticky back tape, which makes it easy to lift and relocate the tools.

The biggest thing for the flooring: I can drop a sharp chisel bench or turning chisel edge first, and no damage results.

Rob:
You are right. One and the same - both are play areas!

Once again, our thanks to all for your kind words.

Al