PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
04-22-2006, 6:31 AM
Well I'm a little late, but never the less, it's the weekend. So what's on your agenda for these next couple of days?

We're going to work on unloading the big blue container so it can go back to it's home. And try to relax and enjoy our house.

Hope everyone has a productive and/or relaxing weekend.

Karl

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-22-2006, 6:42 AM
Well, if I win that lathe on auction, maybe going to pick it up, otherwise, I have some cabinets to finish, (if SWMBO can make up her mind of the stain) and I should take the snow tires off the two vans as well :rolleyes:

Will be a busy day tomorrow!

Cheers!

Greg Koch
04-22-2006, 7:51 AM
I'll be putting together the towel drying rack that I made for my wife, and installing a shelf under the sink in the master bathroom. I need to stain/seal a step stool for the shop and finishing putting a Herc-U-Lift on one of my small tool tables (I found 2 more at an HD in the next town for $29). I also need to decide on a spice rack design. All these projects are mostly using the "scrap box" wood I picked up at the local cedar only lumber yard...and some plywood from HD. In between, I'll be planting some more vegie seeds for the garden!

Have a good weekend.

Greg

Mark Pruitt
04-22-2006, 8:51 AM
I now have all the materials for my new workbench, and have the design mostly completed. Hope to make some decent progress on it this weekend!

Pete Harbin
04-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Some shop tidying while LOML does a little yard sale hopping with her friend, then the world will stop at 1:00pm Moutain Time when the Dallas Stars look to thump the Colorado Avalanche in their first game of the Stanley Cup playoffs...I am possessed...I mean obsessed...or is it that I'm just a mess? :p

Probably a fair bit of yardwork this weekend. :rolleyes:

Pete

Jim Becker
04-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Today...indoor things since it's pouring rain as well as taking the girls to the Y for swimming. 'Will probably also work a little more on the new "home addition" BLOG (http://toscax.us/blog/addition.htm) setup--I need to get some diagrams drawn and posted. We will probably have a "family video" tonight if the girls behave appropriately.

Tomorrow, maybe cutting down a couple trees relative to where the new driveway will go...ones I decided not to pay someone since they are easy to fell and not near the road.

I'd also like to get into the shop to turn something this weekend at least, but will have to see if the opportunity arises.

Mike Peace
04-22-2006, 12:10 PM
I am enlarging my basement shop and will be painting the floor today. Still have to add some wiring and install fluoresent lights I have stacked up.

Steve Clardy
04-22-2006, 2:29 PM
Re doing a pre fabricated staircase railing for a prefab house that didn't fit.
Have some cabs to install for a customer in their basement.
Working on setting up my new computer I bought. Adding zip drive, programs, etc.

Bob Noles
04-22-2006, 3:44 PM
Continuing to rehab and and rearrange shop layout. Tweaking unfinished shop projects and seeking the most room I can achieve thru better layout and elimination of duplicate task tools.