PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit~La Crosse, WI

Karl Laustrup
04-21-2006, 11:55 PM
After the 50 cent tour of the hacienda, Spring, Arena & I headed toward Genoa, WI to meet Tyler at a neander/old stuff store. The Raasch's were there also. Very neat place. We all came away with something.

8 cheeseheads, 1 Minnesotan and 1 Pennsyltuckian enjoyed the food at Piggy's as well as great company and stories.

Pesh and Cousin John wandered in a wee bit late, due to getting caught in an eddy while navigating the river. Pesh had a special gift for Tyler.

Then Tyler had goodies for each of us. Thank you Rockler, Keith & Jackie and Dino. Tyler had a special gift for each of us also. Shop helpers. [See Tyler's tutorial http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=35143 ].

Just a couple of candid shots.
36994 36995

Tyler, thank you for setting this up. You are an honorary "CHEESEHEAD" in my book. To Joe, Scott, Erin, Pesh, Cousin John, Bill, & Tyler, it was truly a pleasure to meet you and spend some time with you. Arena it was also a pleasure meeting you and along with Spring you made the ride very enjoyable.

Others in the group took pictures also and will hopefully post and fill in the voids I've left.

Thanks again for a great day. Hope we can get together again with even more "Creekers".

Karl

John Miliunas
04-22-2006, 12:27 AM
I can only echo Karl's sentiments!!! What an absolutely awesome time! :D I don't believe I've laughed so hard, so long and with so much enthusiasm in a very, very long time. What a great bunch of people! Though I had met many of the folks before, it was certainly an honor to meet up with Bill, Pesh, Cousin John and Joe. I only hope that we didn't scare Bill away from visiting Cheeseland again sometime in the future. :D

And Tyler, a very special "THANKS" to you, my friend!!! You certainly went all out to make this a most memorable occasion, though now I will have a mini-project in having to make a frame for the thong!!!! :o And, a repeat of "thanks" to Rockler, our friend Dino, Bill Grumbine for the DVD and to Keith & Jackie (especially seeing as to how I got the SMC cap!!!:D ).

Pretty pooped now, but will post additional pics tomorrow! Thanks again to all who participated and to Karl, who took care of the chauffeur duties for the bulk of the trip. :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-22-2006, 5:05 AM
THis is Ken in Idaho.........GREEN with envy! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-22-2006, 5:46 AM
This is Ken in Idaho.........GREEN with envy! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Hey Ken, at least you in the same country, and on the same continent!! :(

Looks like fun, thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Steve Ash
04-22-2006, 8:14 AM
WOW, looks like you all had a great time. My wife just peeked over my shoulder and wanted to know what the deal was with the thongs....I tried to explain it was a creeker joke. she also wanted to know why someone (Dale) is holding up granny panties instead of a thong? She also said she may be watching me a little closer when I come on the creek.....as she is shaking her head and walking away.:D

Congrats guys on what looks like time well spent.

John Shuk
04-22-2006, 8:51 AM
Hey Tyler! Are those pockets for block planes on that thong?

John Miliunas
04-22-2006, 10:04 AM
As promised, a few more shots from the Bill G./LaCrosse get-together.

For Frank and me, our LC trip started with a drive over to Karl's new digs. This, of course, included checking out Karl's new Robland, X-31. Frank & Karl saying, "So, what does this do???":D

Inside Karl's new digs, we have his new "Kitchen Version" of the X-31!

Karl already gave us a pic of our stop at the Tool Shed, where I walked out with my very first Disston backsaw. (Will be trying that puppy out today!) We had some time to kill before reservations at Piggy's, so it was off to the Mighty Mississippi to take in the scenes. If one does go to La Crosse, a tour on the La Crosse Queen is a "must do"!!!

As dinner time approached, we decided to hang out in the lounge of Piggy's for a while. One of the first to arrive was Dale and Cousin John. Dale had painstakingly prepared a brand new "Wonder Thong" for Tyler! :D

More pics to come..... :) :cool:

John Miliunas
04-22-2006, 10:14 AM
To continue, we have a shot of Karl, Bill and Joe discussing some of the finer points of turning out a NE bowl, provided by, Mr. Grumbine. In one of the shots on my sets here, you may also spot a NE winged bowl, which is just way, way too cool! :) 37010

A couple more general table shots at the fine eating establishment.
37011 37012

And, with all the talk of Dale and Frank wanting to take each others heads off, they appeared to hit it off just fine! :rolleyes: 37013

No, we're not quite done, yet. Watch for the next post. :D :cool:

John Miliunas
04-22-2006, 10:29 AM
And, for the final set; First, we have another shot of Tyler, Erin and Scott as they listen intently to the wise words of Professor Thompson. :D

A rather unlikely pair, Dale and myself....:rolleyes:

An even more unlikely pair! Whew, you talk about oil and vinegar!!! :eek: (BUT, they both behaved themselves!) :D

And last, but most assuredly, not least, we have Bill demonstrating the proper use of his new shop headgear! :D (I'm still trying to explain this one to the LOML!!!:o

Yup, one of the absolute funnest times I've had in a long time!!! A most memorable occasion and one which I will not forget for many, many years to come! (I'll bet the good folks at Piggy's are still shaking their heads!!!:eek: ) Thanks again to Tyler, Bill and all who attended this wonderful meet!:) :cool:

Erin Raasch
04-22-2006, 1:31 PM
There's not much I can add, and I think I can fairly say that a great time was had by all. Meeting old friends for the first time is quite an experience, and only underscores what I've already known - Creekers are a great bunch!

Kudos to Tyler for putting this thing together and for being a great sport, and especially for introducing us all to such a versatile new shop tool!

Erin

John Miliunas
04-22-2006, 1:42 PM
Hey Erin & Scott! Happy Anniversary!!! :D So, did you try out the new shop tool? Did Scott try out... Oh, never mind!!! I guess I don't really want to know after all! :rolleyes: Anyhow, hope you have a great anniversary! :) :cool:

Steve Clardy
04-22-2006, 2:38 PM
Looks great. Sounds great. Wish I coulda been there!!

Tyler Howell
04-22-2006, 3:09 PM
Oh My head!!!!! Actually it's the jaw muscles, and sides from ROTFLOL with my cheddar buds from next door:D .
Just crawled back into town:o .

If you haven't met Big Bad Bill? Put it on your must do list. He was Sweet William last night. At least get the DVD. Wow!:cool: ! Great guy and talent. He brought some of his beautiful work for us to see. That settles it, I'll always be a flat head.

Found a couple things at the Tool Shed. A Bailey # 6 I wanted and this cleaver I needed to keep the peace between. Frank and Pesh.
A couple of Tools for you true Scroll/Turner Neanders.

Dale T's skills go beyond wood. He's a pretty good seamstress too.....Thanks Pesh. Yes he's worse in person

Our hostess Angi was very tolerant and a great help for our event. She's an artist and was amazed by Bill's fine craftsmanship.
We gave her a gift bag with a new shop tool inside. She came back a few minutes later saying "they fit just fine" :eek:at which point most of the table broke into the cold sweat :o .

Thanks again Big Time:

Dino. (Too Generous!!!)
Bill, for the DVD
RD Lawton from Rockler. Nice goody bags.
Jackie & Keith for the SMC hat.;) Erin you were very brave and tolerant of our childish antics.
Thanks guys, I'll wear the Cheddar title with shame:o .

Tyler Howell
04-22-2006, 3:31 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 153pt; HEIGHT: 44.25pt" o:button="t" href="http://www.sawmillcreek.org/index.php" alt="Sawmill Creek" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/smclogo.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\TYLERH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\cli p_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape> (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/index.php)<O:p></O:p>
Dear Significant Other.
Your loved one was with Tyler J. Howell at an officially sanctioned SMC event.<O:p></O:p>
This Item is a certified shop tool and not to be confused with wearing apparel.<O:p></O:p>
Certificate of Authenticity.<O:p></O:p>
Tyler J. Howell<O:p></O:p>
Chief of Picture Police.

This certificate was attached to everyones shop tool.

Karl Laustrup
04-22-2006, 3:48 PM
After reading Tyler's post about our visit, I realized I slighted Bill in not thanking him for the DVD he provided as a door prize.

Sorry Bill, just too much info for this little pea brain to comprehend in what was much too short a time.

I guess Pesh and Cousin John are still paddling upstream to Peshtigo. :D It may be a few days before we hear from them. It's a long way up river. Hopefully they left breadcrumbs along the way down so they could find their way back. :D

Again, thanks to all. It was a great day.

Karl

Scott Raasch
04-22-2006, 7:32 PM
Just to add my $.02: I've lurked here for quite a while - don't post much. But what a great bunch of guys! Fantastic time, great food, and the antique tool store was quite an experience. Thanks for the memories... :) (which might lead to a night-mare or two about Tyler and the thong thing - shudder). :) :) :)

Frank Chaffee
04-22-2006, 9:34 PM
Good,
I see that Pesh and Cousin John have paddled and portaged their way home now from the Great Cheese Festival of Ribs and Taunts. I was waiting for Pesh to log on to the Creek before posting this fair, complete, and honest portrayal of what happened when we were finally face to face.

To make this more fun for the rest of you however, I offer two versions of the event, trusting that you will easily see the correct and true one.

• Frank spends the evening basking in the warm and pleasing glow cast by the brilliant and penetrating light of Pesh’s intelligence, and at the end of the gathering swears that he will get a haircut and a real job.
• Pesh is so deeply moved by the absurdly inane wit continually spewing from Frank’s slobbering lips, that he falls to his knees and begs for it to stop, even going so far as to offer to wear a Molly Ivins mask for his upcoming new avatar.

This is an easy one folks.
Frank

John Miliunas
04-22-2006, 9:42 PM
• Frank spends the evening basking in the warm and pleasing glow cast by the brilliant and penetrating light of Pesh’s intelligence, and at the end of the gathering swears that he will get a haircut and a real job.
• Pesh is so deeply moved by the absurdly inane wit continually spewing from Frank’s slobbering lips, that he falls to his knees and begs for it to stop, even going so far as to offer to wear a Molly Ivins mask for his upcoming new avatar.

This is an easy one folks.
Frank

Well, from what I could tell, neither of those situations would be highly accurate, though what the heck do I know??? ....I left the room when they started batting quantum theory around!!! :eek: Last I heard, I think the score was 3 to 3! :D :cool:

Jim Becker
04-22-2006, 9:55 PM
Oh, man...I thought I'd never see Grumbine caught in such, umm...well...you know...accessories in-hand... :D :D :D
----

Looks like a fine time, boys and girls! These get-togethers are always worth it.

John Miliunas
04-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh, man...I thought I'd never see Grumbine caught in such, umm...well...you know...accessories in-hand... :D :D :D
----

Truth be told, Jim, I didn't either! I figured he may not go along with all this silliness but, I was very pleasantly surprised! :) Bill just rolled with the punches, putting his intelligence and upstanding demeanor on "hold" and just joined in the fun even if the cost was at his expense! :D My compliments to Bill!!! Well done! :) :cool:

Tyler Howell
04-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh, man...I thought I'd never see Grumbine caught in such, umm...well...you know...accessories in-hand...
----

Looks like a fine time, boys and girls! These get-togethers are always worth it.

Rumor has it there's a picture of the big guy and a Tutu:eek: :eek: :eek:
Any of you long timers got a copy:confused: :D :D

Dale Thompson
04-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi Folks,
It was a long paddle UPSTREAM and I'm really tired and old. I will attempt to gather my thoughts and provide some minimal input before the breeze blows into my left ear and exits them from my right ear. :) EGADS!! What are my thoughts? :confused: I've totally lost the last couple of days! Stay tuned - they may come back! :cool:

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Tyler,
Tyler, Tyler; Sir, I cannot thank you enough for the time and thoughtful attention to the fun details that helped make this gathering so enjoyable for us Cheese! It is no wonder to me that you are a Manager, and I am very sure that the people who work for you have the best opportunity and encouragement to live their lives to the fullest. From simply being around you I lost all desire to pummel anyone, especially a certain individual from you-know-where (hint: he lives in a town that once burned to the ground and begins with P, E, S, H). Being around you, I felt like a team member, working and celebrating with great people willing to understand other’s travails, offer helpful insights, and generally bs and babble, like a good flowing Creek. Thanks Tyler, yer tops in my book.

Thanks to the several donators of awesome door prizes, too!

Mr. Bill Grumbine, I had already known from reading your posts that you are a man of stature (and I am not referring to your grizzly bear size), but to be in your presence and experience the weight and strength of the words you spoke was a profoundly moving experience for me. I can only imagine that you have honed and focused your attention to what is real for so long that you could no more lie than the forest or mountain could. Pretty nice bowls too, and don’t be surprised if I travel to a week long seminar of yours in a couple years when I get a lathe. Good to meet you Bill.

Joe Breid, it was a pleasure to meet you. While we were far from one another at the dinner table, I’m glad we had a chance to talk one on one afterwards. I’m glad to hear that your children are old enough now that you can spend some of your time on woodworking, and I really look forward to seeing pics of the built-in bookcases you are building now. Best wishes!

Erin, it was cool to finally meet you in person, and Scott, I enjoyed learning of more of your collector’s passions, especially the neander ones. I had already perused the website where you offer the tour of your nice church cum home with garden and pool, and I look forward to visiting you there, and soon, I hope.

Karl, I would gladly have rendered that full dollar to you, no change required, for the grand tour of your beautiful new abode. All the skill, care and attention you gave your house building process will surely pay off in a space tuned exactly to your needs. I also thank you for chauffeuring me to and from LaCrosse, allowing me to recline and watch the early spring scenery scroll by. I really enjoyed hanging out with you all day, Karl. Next I wanna visit when that X-31 is chopping wood!!!

John, gosh guy what can I say? You introduced me to the Creek, which, last I checked my logs, I visit more than my liberal propaganda news sites and those *other* sites as well. You have been an inspiration and a friend to me for many years, and I look forward to many more!

Cousin John, Wow guy, you have more experience making woodworking tooling, especially custom cutter grinding, than anybody I have ever read! Please John, hang out here at the Creek and share your extensive knowledge!!! Also, next time you are headed back to the Bay Area, let me know in case I am planning to be there then too, as I’m sure you gould show me some of the coolest woodworking going on there. Take care John.

Well, something I learned from my daddy is to save the best for last, so now I address Pesh, aka Dale T. Dale, while I knew that a Creeker gathering was bound to be a lot of fun, had I not known you would be there, I probably would not have gone to the trouble of showering and leaving these quiet woods for a full day. As I don’t have a television for entertainment, I rely on the Creek for more than woodworking advice, and I gotta say Dale, that good as it is, the Hart/Hoyt/DeRaud/McM/Hawes show would not be enough for me with out Pesh hour every now and again to look forward to. …Oh jeeze, now I guess I have to admit that I’ve been trying to keep this light-hearted not only because I know how embarrassed you get when you blush, and I would like to spare you that in public, but because I have a really hard time typing went tears are flowing from my eyes. There, I have as much as said it; DALE, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Oh gosh,
I gotta go.
Bye,
Frank

Dale Thompson
04-25-2006, 8:47 AM
EGADS! I'm forgotten ALREADY!? Oh well. It's the story of my life. Anyway, you have seen the above excuses, pandering and cover-ups of what REALLY happened over in LaCrosse on CHEESE Friday, April 21, 2006. Someone has to "bite the bullet" and tell it like it REALLY was! You all know that you can trust me to do just that. You are all SOOO lucky to have found that ONE honest man!! There may be more than one part to this post because I will run out of “Smilies” and that would be a disaster with THIS bunch! :)

Incidentally, there is NOTHING humorous in this post. I don’t want Andy to start spewing a twin-nasal stream of banana cream, strawberry delight, chocolate swirl, crème de crème soft serve Pecan Heaven ice cream all over the streets of Benton Falls. With his many faces, each having two nostrils, he could decimate the streets of the largest metropolitan areas in the entire country. In addition, I don’t want “Purty” Clardy to spill yet ANOTHER cup of coffee. “Purty” may write it off as a reaction to humor. In MY part of the country, we refer to it as being a TOTAL klutz! If a Norwegian up here spills a cup of that precious brew, he/she is taken out and SHOT!!

NOW! These are the facts:
Mr. Bill Grumbine was our featured guest. His visit to the Midwest was instrumental in inspiring the meeting in LaCrosse. We ALL thank you, Bill!

Anyway, my first reaction to meeting Bill was quite simple. If I have an argument with my neighbor, I want Mr. Grumbine to be on MY side of the fence. As is SO typical of men of his stature and status, I found him to be most friendly, gracious, soft-spoken and a downright NICE guy. He also graced us with several examples of his genius. From a distance of at least ten feet, I could FEEL the warmth and character of the two beautiful Walnut bowls that he showed us. In addition, his bark-edged platter with the concave surface designed to accept the complementing bowl was a true museum artifact. Although I have never made a mistake on MY lathe, I will NEVER turn one of those platters. If my first mistake SHOULD happen, I would lose my knuckles all the way up to my elbows!! :(

I was also fortunate enough to secure Bill’s DVD. Not only that but he personally autographed it with the words, “ Happy Turning, Dale; Bill Grumbine”. With that said, I am still trying to interpret his P.S. which reads, “Yeah Right!! HA HA HA!!”. Can anyone help?

Thanks again, Bill!!!

Next, if Jackie and Keith could have chosen a group to represent THE CREEK before a TRUE professional, I’m quite sure that our bunch would NOT have been in the upper echelons of their preferences. Let’s face it! If there is an UPPER 10%, there must be, by definition, a LOWER 10%. Well – what can I say?? ;)

On the positive side – and there are a FEW – let’s stand back and applaud the masterful work of our friend and hero, Mr. Tyler Howell!!! If there is a finer host on the face of this planet, I have yet to meet him/her!! If you want to see a personality that lights up an entire room, you have only to invite Mr. Tyler Howell. If you want to be friends with an incredibly NICE human being, put Mr. Howell at the very TOP of your list!!

Out of pure respect, I will never again refer to Mr. Howell as “Howl” – at least until the end of this post!!

Mr. Howell had a “gift bag” for each of us as we entered the site of the festivities! This bag contained several handy shop items, an item that I will discuss later, and a couple of Woodworking Magazines that are out of the reach of my meager tool budget. In addition, my bag contained a STATE-OF-THE-ART personal stereo system! Not only that, but Mr. Howell had coerced a number of high end “Door Prizes” from various vendors and individuals. This was a raffle sort of thing where we all put our names and other intimate information on a slip of paper and deposited them into a “sealed” box for later drawing. I felt rather privileged when Tyler demanded my presence from the “Cigar Lounge” to be the first to deposit my lottery slip into the box. I naturally assumed that I was sort of a special guest or something. In retrospect, I clearly recall that it was only AFTER my deposit that he replaced the bottom of the supposedly “sealed” box! For some reason, I didn’t do real well in the drawing.! :confused:

Lastly on Mr. Howell, I distinctly recall that my “gift bag” was the ONLY one with a nametag on it. I now think that there was a reason for this?! For all of the gentlemen who were not accompanied by their wives, I feel that there may be a great many legal issues regarding divorce proceedings as a direct result of their “LaCrosse Fling”. Therefore, I have wisely shortened the name of Mr. Howell’s last gift to all of you. For litigation purposes, I have named it the “Five Ts”. As all of you attendees know, this stands for, “Tyler’s Tiny Tidbits of Titillating Tapestry”. MY gift was quite different!

As prior pictures will show, I was not a recipient of ANY of the beautiful array of mini attire with their beautiful shades of blue, green, red and pastels of purple, hazel, earth-tones and other shades of color leading to the oldest example of human weakness.

With MY gift, I should have tipped the Doorman just a bit MORE when I entered. When I asked the petite young lady at the Reception Desk if she would accept MY gift as a part of her tip, she, at a muscular 110 pounds, threw me like a javelin toward the front door. The Doorman was just a fraction of a second slow on opening the door. For a while, my chiseled, handsome features will be a bit rounded and discolored. No sweat! I heal fast! :)

To identify my “Five Ts” gift, I have contacted a number of my friends who are generally recognized as the top fashion designers in the world. After copious research, they generally agree that Mr. Howell “flattered” me with a HORSE DIAPER!! For those of you who may be “equestrian-challenged”, a HORSE DIAPER is normally used to prevent their “droppings” from introducing “invasive plant species” to new areas when they are ridden remotely to their home territory. As the eternal optimist, I am anxiously waiting for Mr. Howell to forward the horse that was bred uniquely to fit my prized HORSE DIAPER!

Thank you, Tyler Howell, you are indeed one of the REALLY good guys!! They broke the mold, babe! :D

One of the unfortunate parts of any banquet type setting is that we spend the majority of our time talking to those who are seated most closely to us. Joe, Scott and Erin were fortunate enough to be seated more toward the “celebrity” end of the table. With their locations, they may still LIKE me! I did my best to insult everyone but, in their case, my efforts may have fallen on deaf ears due to their remote location.

I seem to recall Scott talking about “collectibles”. The only thing that I could contribute was my baseball card collection. Unfortunately, they have no value unless you remember the old Stone Age International Baseball Conference (SAIBC). I have the card of when Tyrannosaurus Rex hit nine home runs in the first inning against the Montana Tar Pits. He would have had ten except that future all-star Pterodactyl Terry made a spectacular diving catch at 6000 feet! I have NO credibility with ebay!? :confused:

I apologize for not having spent more time with you folks but I can now identify a post or a picture with a “real” person. That, in itself, is VERY rewarding!

On a scale of 1 to 10, “Dells” was, at a 5, by FAR the most professional and mature of all of us “regional” attendees. I think that he controlled himself because he knew that he was responsible for taking the “family” pictures as the evening progressed. He handled it well!!

I must say that he turned very pale when John and I walked into the room. It was as if he were seeing a couple of ghosts. As luck would have it, I checked with Homeland Security before I launched our craft for the second half of our trip. The Officer told me that a couple of locals had spotted a handsome young man counting a “mountain” of round objects and repeating the words, “GOTTA GET PESH! – GOTTA GET PESH!! – GOTTA GET PESH!!!”.

The Officer claimed that this gentleman had heavily mined the upper portion of the Mississippi River from its headwaters in Minnesota to its harbors in LaCrosse. You would not have believed the disgusted look on “Dells” face when I broke the news to him that “magnetic” mines do NOT work on birch bark.

“Dells”. May I say that the pleasure was all mine? Well – IT WAS!!

Whenever I find myself in a “Banquet” type situation, no matter how large or how small, I always notice that the last three seats to be taken are the ones to my immediate left, my immediate right and directly across from me. Without exception, these seats are either claimed by the “bottom feeders” or the late arrivals. In the case of the LaCrosse meeting, the former description would be far more descriptive than would the latter.

“Spring” ended up on my right. WE FINALLY GOT TO MEET EACH OTHER!! Although we have laughed a lot together and shed a few tears together over the past several years, it was GREAT to PERSONALLY meet a true FRIEND!! As usual, I asked him what the acronym TI, IT, PI, IP or whatever, means and what those people do?! As usual, he explained it to me in terms that may have just as well been expressed to me by a two-year old reading the Rosetta Stone. AW! No problem! I’ll ask him again – and – again – and AGAIN! Is there a communication problem here?? :confused:

Whatever, I want you ALL to know that “Spring” is FAR more handsome than his avatar picture would indicate! All things considered, however, his avatar picture should NEVER have been allowed to invade the “digital age” in the first place. Making matters even worse, is the fact that that picture was allowed to escape the “delete” button on the camera. Here, folks, is a cyber-space crime of potentially catastrophic proportions.

“Spring”, you are my FRIEND and I am a better person because of that privilege!

Cousin John ended up across the table from me. I did not talk to him at all. I still have him in quarantine for all of the “stuff” that thrives in the Golden State. Perhaps I should have told you this BEFORE the meeting!! He LOVED his “5 Ts” gift. It is obvious that I will have to extend his quarantine. For those of you who may have had the misfortune of talking to John, you will certainly understand my pain. Can you imagine spending nine hours in an enclosed vehicle with a person whose non-sensible babble makes the wings of a Hummingbird look like they are on STOP!? :eek:

John. Blood may be thicker than water but only to a POINT!!

Seated immediately to my left was the most fortunate person on the face of the planet. I was there for him! Even as he was the first to greet John and I with his majestic smile and warm hug, I could tell that “Arena” was searching for something. He was somehow searching for a fulfillment that he had never achieved. In a scenario similar to that of Jonah, he had been swallowed into the dark belly of the whale called Liberalism. He was looking for a light! ANY light! And there I was. “Arena” is TRULY blessed! With fifteen minutes of my incredible counsel, I could already see a relaxation of his stress and a brighter glint to his eyes.

Any minute now, as the brilliance of my incredible wisdom continues to permeate his thoughts, “Arena’s” eyes will be fully opened and he will see the light of truth, right and the American Way!! When that happens, “Arena” will be on my “Short List” to give the Keynote Address at the next Republican National Conventional. WOW! He is SO fortunate to have met me!

As with any friendship, compromise is a required ingredient. I felt compelled to comply with this rule. Among my countless virtues, LOYALTY ranks at the very top! With respect to “Arena”, however, I felt that I must sacrifice this most precious of all virtues. Besides that, "Arena's" sales acumen is irresistable!! Without a doubt he could sell long underwear and wool blankets to an Eskimo, pasta to an Italian and sunscreen to a Floridian!! Therefore, with much regret, I agreed to BETRAY mine of over twenty years and switch to “Arena’s” BARBER. What more can I do to assure a lasting friendship? :D

Love ya, man!!

Dale T.

PS. Thanks again to ALL for making this trip such a GREAT joy for both John and I!! The pics below contain already familiar faces so I won't duplicate the names.

Aaron Koehl
04-25-2006, 9:53 AM
It sounds like you all had a great time-- wish it could have been closer! (Alas)

Frank Chaffee
04-25-2006, 12:32 PM
When I first greeted Dale on his arrival, and he put his hand to his heart, fell to his knees, and addressed me with sublime words of respect, referring I’m sure to my royal deportment.

“Sir Real!”, he uttered before collapsing completely.

John Miliunas
04-25-2006, 12:38 PM
When I first greeted Dale on his arrival, and he put his hand to his heart, fell to his knees, and addressed me with sublime words of.....

"...........Dang it. I know I brought them with. Now, where did I drop those scissors????" :confused: :D :cool:

Bill Grumbine
04-25-2006, 8:31 PM
Hey everyone! I just walked in the door from my trip to WI. Unfortunately, one of my bags is still riding the train. :mad: Other than that, it was a wonderful trip, and I really enjoyed the night out with my fellow Creekers. It was a real treat to meet each one of you. Dinner was wonderful, but the closest I came to seeing any real cheese was on Dale's head! :eek: And speaking of headgear, all I have to say is that I won't be wearing that one in the picture very often. ;)

I met a whole bunch of wonderful people, and as I have said so many times in the past, anyone reading this who has the opportunity to meet some of your fellow forum participants would do well to make use of it.

I would write more, but my eyes are going funny.

Bill

John Miliunas
04-25-2006, 8:40 PM
I would write more, but my eyes are going funny.

Bill

Bill, take off the headgear!!! :eek: It's cutting off circulation!!!:D :D :D Thanks again for giving us some of your time. It was indeed a pleasure! :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-25-2006, 8:49 PM
Folks...........as I read this thread I am in total envy! What a fantastic time that had to be ......meeting, eating and spending an evening together!.............Congrats!

Frank Chaffee
04-25-2006, 8:52 PM
Thanks again for giving us some of your time. It was indeed a pleasure! :) :cool:
I second that Bill, it was most certainly our pleasure! I really enjoyed being in your presence.
Thanks for hanging out with us!
Frank

Dale Thompson
04-25-2006, 9:22 PM
closest I came to seeing any real cheese was on Dale's head! :eek:
Bill

Bill,
Great visit! Thank you for referring to the cheese that was on my head and graciously ignoring the stuff that was growing out of my ears! :( :eek: :)
I hope that you had a good trip home. :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
04-25-2006, 9:33 PM
as I read this thread I am in total envy!

Ken,
Forget the "envy" part! :eek: If you had been there and been the innocent victim of all the abuse that I suffered, you would have felt a lot safer in Peking, China, than in the relatively close locale of Idaho! :eek: :) Of course, maybe you are a nicer guy than I am and have more friends. ;) :eek: :) HHHMMMM???? :confused:

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-25-2006, 9:44 PM
Ken,
Forget the "envy" part! :eek: If you had been there and been the innocent victim of all the abuse that I suffered, you would have felt a lot safer in Peking, China, than in the relatively close locale of Idaho! :eek: :) Of course, maybe you are a nicer guy than I am and have more friends. ;) :eek: :) HHHMMMM???? :confused:

Dale T.
Hey sweet,
Since 1949, this town has been known as “Beijing”. Please run your future posts by me for proofreading to avoid further embarrassment.
Yours,
Arena

Dale Thompson
04-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey sweet,
Since 1949, this town has been known as “Beijing”. Please run your future posts by me for proofreading to avoid further embarrassment.
Yours,
Arena

Arena,
At the time, I was living in Constantinople, Turkey, and we did not receive news on a regular basis. :( :) My only embarrassment is when you call me "sweet". :rolleyes: I already have Cousin John in quarantine. Need I add a SECOND cell?? :confused: It sounds as though you are still trying to get that Liberal monkey off of your back. :eek: May the force be with you!! :)

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
04-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Darling Dale, my friend,
Please know that my maternal grandmother’s maiden name is “DuLac”, and my gf’s mother was born in Istanbul, but she has roots in France.
Yours truly,
Frank, (aka, Arena)

Ken Fitzgerald
04-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Hey!.........Hey!..........Hey! You 2.........Are we going to have to notify a moderator?.........Huh Pesh?.....Huh Frank?.Make them earn those big wages?:p

Frank Chaffee
04-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Furthermore Dale,
I have connections that could allow you entrance to Paleolithic caverns, in which I would gladly leave you if you do not shape up soon!
Stil yers,
Frank

Wow!
my post #666!!!

Karl Laustrup
04-26-2006, 6:39 AM
Bill, glad you made it home OK. Perhaps your bag decided to visit a water park or two here in the Dells. I'll wait a day or two and check at the station. Hopefully it wasn't the bag with the "Shop Thong". :eek: It was indeed a pleasure meeting you. I do believe you won for coming the farthest, although not the longest trip, time wise. That of course goes to Pesh and Cousin John. The timer ran out of batteries before their journey had ended.

I thought I was being smart by choosing to sit in the middle next to Cousin John. Alas, there was so much going on on both sides and accross from me, that my eyes just glazed over and I missed most of all the conversations. My mind was also pre-occupied, as it has been over these last several months, with slogging through boxes of stuff to be unpacked.
Next time, watch out.

Pesh, I WILL make my way to Peshtigo, so you best start taking precautions NOW. I figure I'll be able to find your place without any problem. Just look for the area without trees. :eek: ;) :D

Spring, I'm not even sure I thanked you for the garage warming gift? Well, if I didn't THANKS. I will find a use for it. And thanks for the idea about the bench dogs.

Ken, in Idaho, the next time you find yourself in the glorious land of cows and cheese, you should let us know. Nothing we'd like more than to have a lot of fun at your expense [read you're buying]. ;) :D :D Or anybody else for that matter.

Karl

Steve Clardy
04-26-2006, 9:30 PM
Oh Dale!!!
Yes. I'm a klutz with coffee, especially when reading this post:eek: :D

Oh. Don't worry about a lawsuit coming your way. The creek over the road is flooded and the mailman can't get out to deliver the papers to you:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Steve Clardy
04-26-2006, 9:32 PM
Hey all you cheeseheads that was at Tylers get together.:D

You will never guess what Tyler sent me in the mail today:D :confused: :D

A bag of goodies with a very important tool in it. Thats all I'm telling ya for now;) ;) ;)

Erin Raasch
04-26-2006, 9:52 PM
Hey all you cheeseheads that was at Tylers get together.:D

You will never guess what Tyler sent me in the mail today:D :confused: :D

A bag of goodies with a very important tool in it. Thats all I'm telling ya for now;) ;) ;)

Pictures, please.

Erin
Junior Deputy Picture Police

:D

(we know!)

Steve Clardy
04-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Mmmnnnn

It's Green!!

Karl Laustrup
04-27-2006, 6:51 AM
Mmmnnnn

It's Green!!

Something to make the rest of the civilized world GREEN with envy. :eek: :D

Get somebody to take a picture of you using it or at least showing it off. ;) :D :D

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
04-27-2006, 8:38 AM
I can see Steve making a comment about a photo...."It'll be a cold day in _____!":D

Steve Clardy
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
I got this strange feeling that others besides Tyler knows what it is:confused: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Dale Thompson
04-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I got this strange feeling that others besides Tyler knows what it is:confused: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Hey Purdy,
Unless it's that green thing I saw next to the diaper changing station in the rest room!! :eek: :D

Dale T.

Andy Hoyt
04-27-2006, 1:35 PM
Hey, Steve!

I will - if you will:eek:

Steve Clardy
04-27-2006, 3:54 PM
Hey, Steve!

I will - if you will:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: You too????

Ok. Hang on

Steve Clardy
04-27-2006, 4:10 PM
It's kinda bright on my Stanley 5.5
Using it for a warmer.:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Thanks Tyler:rolleyes: :D

Andy Hoyt
04-27-2006, 5:06 PM
Oh, what the heck. Why develop pride or self esteem now?

37300 37301 37302

Thanks, Ty. I think.

Karl Laustrup
04-27-2006, 6:49 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!

I think you have found a couple of new uses Andy. :D

Not sure about "bonker protector" though. "Muzzle" seems to work well, as does "bonker holder".

Keep us aprised of any "new" uses as you find them.

And Steve, I do believe your's could be used as a sock for that 5.5. It does appear to cover the important parts. ;) :D

Karl

Steve Clardy
04-27-2006, 6:51 PM
Oh, what the heck. Why develop pride or self esteem now?

37300 37301 37302

Thanks, Ty. I think.

:D :D :D:eek: :eek: :eek:

Guess I'm not as brave as you Andy!!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-27-2006, 9:28 PM
This is Ken in Idaho........Just looking down.....and shaking his head....

Tyler Howell
04-27-2006, 9:42 PM
This is Tyler ....In Minnesota, Just looking down and shaking his head:( :confused: .
Cause it hurts to ROTFLOL anymore:D :D :p

Dale Thompson
04-27-2006, 9:51 PM
[QUOTE=Erin Raasch]Pictures, please.
Erin
Junior Deputy Picture Police
:D

Erin,
Even with your authority as the JDPP, we may NEVER see the REAL pictures. :( As Scott is our witness, you and I were THERE and, as such, know the REAL facts! ;) :o Let's not upset this delicate, "Purty/Howl" thing! :D :eek: :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
04-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I will - if you will

Hey "Bent",
Since Arena "baptized" me into the field of "political correctness" while in LaCrosse, I feel that I must use this approach when speaking to either the East coast or the West coast.?

Therefore, your avatar with your "bonker" requires a very delicate, according to Arena, approach. :) In compliance with the PC requirements in your area, may I say that the, "Bonker Contest" is OVER. You will receive a trophy because you tried hard and you will be promoted to the next level of "Bonkers" due to your admirable efforts. :) A+ Mr. "Bent"!!!:D

In the midwest, however, the approach is a bit different. :( For example: The "Bonker Contest" has been over for a long time! :( You did NOT win! You did NOT finish SECOND! In fact, you were so far back in the pack that about the only person in your rearview mirror was probably ME! :( Making matters even worse is the fact that you had that ice cream swollen smirk wiped off your face by a bunch of KIDS! :( The ultimate blow to your self-esteem should be the fact that these were NORMAL young ladies with a LOT of talent and only ONE face! :eek: Welcome to the midwest!! :D

With THAT said, we should BOTH be understandably embarrassed and maybe switch to "flatwork" until we can recover our miniscule dignity!! :)

Dale T.

Andy Hoyt
04-28-2006, 12:09 AM
To the Honorable Mr. Pesh;

Political Correctness can only be achieved by strict adherance to the core principles of Modern Bonketry. This includes repeated percussionary blows to that section of the medulla oblangata responsible for intiating brain freeze.

Don Baer
04-28-2006, 12:19 AM
intiating brain freeze.

Does that come from eating copius amounts of pestacho nut Ice cream too fast...DAMHIKT...:mad:

Frank Chaffee
04-28-2006, 12:44 AM
• Reduces static electrical noise while on shop conch phone by keeping dry frayed hair away from hearing aids.
• Provides convenient pencil access.
• Strains the dregs of my mead and catches lotsa dribbles before they reach my shirt.
Thanks Tyler for advancing the EZ concept; first Dino introduced the EZ Thing and inspired many capable people to work with him, and now you introduce the EZ Thong! I am so excited to see where this may lead!!!
Gratefully,
Frank

04-28-2006, 1:35 AM
You know if you guys keep having this much fun, THEY will find out, and THEY will figure out a way to TAX it :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 8:08 AM
Well.....THEY had better be careful..........We had the Boston Tea Party:rolleyes: ........Could the next step be a Minneapolis Thong Party?:eek: :rolleyes: :D

John Miliunas
04-28-2006, 9:50 AM
OMG!!!! :eek: Just when I had the LOML about convinced of the "joke thing" about the thongs, Arena has to come out with those pics!!! :eek: Now he's got me sitting up here just shaking my head!!! :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Steve Clardy
04-28-2006, 9:51 AM
• Reduces static electrical noise while on shop conch phone by keeping dry frayed hair away from hearing aids.
• Provides convenient pencil access.
• Strains the dregs of my mead and catches lotsa dribbles before they reach my shirt.
Thanks Tyler for advancing the EZ concept; first Dino introduced the EZ Thing and inspired many capable people to work with him, and now you introduce the EZ Thong! I am so excited to see where this may lead!!!
Gratefully,
Frank

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Karl Laustrup
04-28-2006, 5:06 PM
This is Karl in the Dells...........looking down..........shaking his head.

Wondering if having this much fun is legal? :confused:

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 7:58 PM
This is Ken in Idaho.........just got home and opened the mail box........Looking down..........shaking his head!

Steve Clardy
04-28-2006, 8:14 PM
This is Ken in Idaho.........just got home and opened the mail box........Looking down..........shaking his head!

Yo Ken. Maybe we can pitch in and send you a neck thong???:D
Sure hope it doesn't get stuck in the down position:eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

What color do you prefer:confused: :D

Dale Thompson
04-28-2006, 8:25 PM
This is "Pesh" in the Kremlin -- looking down -- shaking his head! :) If you think that I had fun in LaCrosse, think again!! ;) :)

GRANNY PANTIES!!! :mad: Ken, if you think that this was FUN, you are even sicker than "Howl"!! :eek: :)

In fact, there is NO WAY that those young sales ladies would have SOLD "Howl" all of those "5T" unmentionables without calling the cops. :) I hope that that sly guy was caught on the surveillance cameras when he was slithering through the darkened store at 2:00 AM in the morning. :) ;) How he EVER escaped with the GRANNY PANTIES, I will NEVER know!! :eek:

Dale T.

John Miliunas
04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
How he EVER escaped with the GRANNY PANTIES, I will NEVER know!! :eek:

Dale T.

That's easy, Pesh! He told them the little ones one for him and the BIG one was for his wife! :eek: :D :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Okay............I had some other recipients show some doubt about my reception and demand photographic evidence...........So.....here goes....

used to put added belt tension to my lathe motor

used as a sling for my bowl gouge

Used a holder for my chuck tool

used to holster for unused sharpening jig attachments

Here's what the whole "kit" looked like

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
And of course......

This is Ken in Idaho......Looking down........shaking his head.........and here's what it looks like........:eek:

John Miliunas
04-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Oh good grief! A 13 hour day for me today and then to come home to this!!! :eek:

Yup, this is John in Wisconsin....Looking down....Shaking his head.... :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Well a fellow recipient showed some doubt about my reception of a Tyler package and asked for photographic evidence.........so

Here it is:

Andy Hoyt
04-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Ah come on Fitzgerald! Put that thing ON and do it up right!:mad:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 11:04 PM
I tried Andy but it wouldn't go above my knees!:eek: :D

And then I got scared somebody walkin and catch me trying them on.......Jeez....this is Idaho.....they still hang folks here....

Andy Hoyt
04-28-2006, 11:12 PM
And you call yourself a Creeker. Sheesh!:D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Okay Andy.............Quit your whining....would you?:confused: :eek: :D

Even have my Creeker hat on!

Andy Hoyt
04-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Ken - You're a model of integrity, generosity, responsibility, and Creekerosity.

And thong thingies.

My buddy.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2006, 11:47 PM
You know Andy...........it just dawned on me............In the last couple of days we've proven Tyler correct:mad: .........Those turners sure are a crazy bunch!:eek: :rolleyes: :D But we sure have fun...........don't we!:)

Karl Laustrup
04-29-2006, 4:32 AM
Looks like a surgical mask Ken.

You should use it next time you go fix one of them MRI or neuron blaster thingys so you don't contaminate the equipment. :D

Just don't wear it when going to the bank, grocery store or any other retail establishment. We don't want to see "Ken in Idaho.......looking down.........behind bars [metal, not as a bartender]".

Karl

John Miliunas
04-29-2006, 7:44 AM
Okay Andy.............Quit your whining....would you?:confused: :eek: :D

Even have my Creeker hat on!

OK...This is John is Wisconsin....Looking up!....ROFLM.....!!!!:D :D :D :cool:

Erin Raasch
04-29-2006, 8:10 AM
This is Erin in Black Earth . . .

"Sawmill Creek? . . . Turner's Forum? . . . nope, never been there, never heard of it . . . nope, don't know those guys." :D

Thongs in the shop . . . probably a really bad idea. You never know when you might drop something on your foot ... :eek:

:p :p :p :p

Erin

Tyler Howell
04-29-2006, 9:06 AM
Way to go Erin!!
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Creeker outed!!:eek:
Firing chamber's empty.
Amo is depleted.
Barrel is over heated.All targets confirmed direct hits. One target not heard from.
This is the thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=28286) that started all this thong (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=35196) thing (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=346996#post346996).
I'm happy:D :p .
I don't get mad...........:rolleyes: !!
Can we all get back to wood working.
Pleeeeease John????;)

John Miliunas
04-29-2006, 9:25 AM
Ya know, something just occurred to me: For a long, long time, I've been prompting folks to come over and check out the Creek. For the last few months, I've been working PT at a WW retail store and have done the same with numerous customers. I also happen to mention to them that the Turners Forum is really a "special" place to visit. :D Looking back on all that now, I've started to realize that, not only have I not seen the majority of them at the Creek but, I don't recall seeing them in the store any longer, either!!! :eek: Or....at least, not when I'm there!!! :o

I sincerely believe that this bunch 'o folks here are certifiable nut cases! Yeah, I'm one 'o dem! :o Know what? Wouldn't have it any other way!!! :D Thong on!!! :) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
04-29-2006, 9:29 AM
...... Rock on!!! :) :cool:

Shouldn't that be, "Thong on"?

Hey! You could rig one up to one of those clapper things. Thong on - Thong off.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-29-2006, 9:36 AM
Did you ever wonder about what the archeologist will think thousands of years from now when they unearth the site of Keith and Jackie's place and find the SMC servers..........then manage to start reading this thread........"Yup.............no sign of intelligent life"........" Shoots big holes in that Evolution theory doesn't it".............."Must have come from the shallow end of the gene pool"...........:eek: :rolleyes: :D

04-29-2006, 9:48 AM
Just down at the post office...........

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Stu, in Tokyo Japan, shaking his head...... ;) :D

John Miliunas
04-29-2006, 9:49 AM
Shouldn't that be, "Thong on"?

Hey! You could rig one up to one of those clapper things. Thong on - Thong off.

There, I "fixed" it!:rolleyes: :D :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-29-2006, 9:52 AM
Stu...........by the TOS I can't use the language I'd like to...........so here's a substitution.........

"YOU SORRY RASCAL!"

Sorry for the earlier accusation Andy! It sure seemed like something you'd do!:D

04-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Stu...........by the TOS I can't use the language I'd like to...........so here's a substitution.........

"YOU SORRY RASCAL!"

Sorry for the earlier accusation Andy! It sure seemed like something you'd do!:D

You are Welcome as one sorry rascal to another...... ;) :D

Dale Thompson
05-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi Folks,
The repercussions of my ill-fated trip to LaCrosse NEVER seem to stop.
As all of us who were there know, everything that has “haunted” us since that trip is Howl’s fault! :(

In the most recent of the many tragedies that have befallen me since my LaCrosse “indiscretion”, my daughter and her two semi-legitimate rugrats paid us an agonizing three-day visit (actually it was 2 days, 22 hours, 17 minutes and 43 seconds). Stacey actually claims that her rugrats are MY grandkids! Imagine THAT! :confused:

I wanted to try out my GRANNY PANTIES and you can see that Stace and I were drawn closer together than we have been since the day that she was born. Once “the chord” was cut, she was pretty much on her own. Being the concerned, forward-looking father that I was, I had a full-time job lined up for her three months before she was even born! I must be a Prince among mere humans!!

Anyway, I also knew that she was a bit upset with having to trade in her sporty mini-SUV for a full-sized van as a result of her expanded family. What an opportunity for a timid guy like ME!! I must have rubbed her patience raw with a number of brilliant “Soccer Mom” comments. Whatever, I think that what caused the eventual nuclear reaction was when I offered to give her the GRANNY PANTIES for her birthday in two years. The last words I remember saying were, “ Soccer Mom Van today, GRANNY PANTIES in two years”! POW!! :eek:

The gurgling mound of bloody gore on my face is the former location of my mouth and teeth. There must be a moral lesson here: NEVER, EVER, offer a gift of size 56 GRANNY PANTIES to a newly appointed “Soccer Mom Van” driver!! It gets even WORSE if she is your redheaded daughter and is paying you back for YEARS of verbal abuse.

On the OTHER hand, she could NEVER pay me back for my cherished memories of her life and accomplishments. My LOVE for her would pale the treasures of the Pharaohs of Egypt! :o :cool: :)

I think that she feels the same way about me but she sure has strange ways of showing it! :eek:

In the meantime, what do I do with the GRANNY PANTIES? At present, they are hung on the “Wall of Fame” in my shop – right by the main light switch! They join the “pictured” key hanger that Stacey made for me in Kindergarten and Cupid’s (my deceased shop cat) last toy mouse and collar. That, folks, is HOLY ground!!

Dale T.

tod evans
05-12-2006, 8:41 AM
how in the h#ll did i miss this one? must be asleep at the wheel! what a motley looking crew, each-n-every one. glad ya`ll had a good time and hope to meet all of you sometime! tod

Frank Chaffee
05-13-2006, 1:47 PM
I wanted to try out my GRANNY PANTIES and you can see that Stace and I were drawn closer together than we have been since the day that she was born.
Pesh,
Some guys have all the luck…Since I started wearing my shop tool I haven’t been able to get closer than ten feet to a woman!!!:eek: :( :confused: :mad: :o

Frank

Karl Laustrup
05-13-2006, 5:57 PM
hope to meet all of you sometime! tod

Are you sure about that tod? Wearing of the appropriate shop tool attire is required. :eek: :D

You'll recognize me in my new summer attire below, except I'll also have the handy shop tool attire on. Just for clarification, that's a picture of a model not me. :D

If I ever get down your way, look out. As I said in the ice cream thread, I'd like to help you make some of that ice cream. Sounds gooooood. :)

Karl

Dale Thompson
05-13-2006, 6:51 PM
[QUOTE=Frank Chaffee Since I started wearing my shop tool I haven’t been able to get closer than ten feet to a woman!!! Frank[/QUOTE]

Dear Arena,
As mentioned, you have put me in a position where I am torn between a valued friendship and my normal mean and nasty self. :( Come to think of it, it's NOT really much of a choice. My mean and nasty nature ALWAYS wins out. :cool:

With THAT said, by now, you should know me better than to leave me with an opening like the above quote. :o Therefore, anything I say from here on is all YOUR fault. :) I just hope that Erin isn't monitoring this thread for pictures - AGAIN!! :D

Here goes: If ten feet is the closest distance that you have gotten with your "shop tool" ON, have you seriously considered the potential distance multiplier involved should you have chosen the only alternative mode of attire?? :confused: :cool:

EGADS!!! I am SOOOOO sorry! :rolleyes:

Please don't EVER do this to me again! :D My conscience is KILLING me! :p

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
05-13-2006, 7:03 PM
Pesh,
To paraphrase another Creeker;

not with a 10 foot pole!

Frank

Tyler Howell
05-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Your right Pesh. She got all your good looks.
Your wife's still got her's.
For once I'm speachless.:o
I'm just glad I could bring you closer together.;)

Dale Thompson
05-14-2006, 5:21 PM
Your right Pesh. She got all your good looks.
Your wife's still got her's.
For once I'm speachless.:o
I'm just glad I could bring you closer together.;)

Hey Howl,
Apparently you have never heard of "The Pesh's Polygon"! The locals up in Bayfield try to give it the HUSH! HUSH! treatment because of its potentially devastating impact on "foreign" tourist dollars such as those from Minnesota. :( The "Polygon" covers thousands of square miles of the upper Great lakes. :(

Seasoned mariners and aviators alike who are in the "know", TREMBLE at the mere MENTION of "The Polygon". Vessels and aircraft of ALL sizes and flags have been known to totally vanish within the green mists and bottomless whirlpools of the ominous "Polygon"! No trace has EVER been found of those who fall from the grace of the "Power of the Polygon". :confused:

If they were not protected for national security reasons, top secret Navy documents would reveal that the USS Missouri once declined an invitation to visit Bayfield because the Captain could not secure the full grace of "The Power of the Polygon" to guarantee the safe passage of his ship. :o

What evil lurks in the HEART of "The Polygon"? The "Pesh" knows! HEH! HEH! HEH!

Has "SUPER THONG" fallen from grace? :confused: Well, with all of the ultruistic benevolence that I can must muster, I must say - NOT YET!! :D

Although he is walking a perilously thin line, without further transgressions against "The Pesh", he can be assured of fair skies, starlit nights, warm winds in the direction of his destination and safe secure ports in even the mildest of storms! :)

Have a GREAT boating season, Tyler! :)

Dale T.

Tyler Howell
05-14-2006, 6:47 PM
So which is it Pesh? Polygon or Pentigon.:confused: :confused:
And Yes the Bayfield Locals have been very successful at seperating me from my hard earned dollars. In great quantities I might add.

Dale Thompson
05-14-2006, 8:17 PM
So which is it Pesh? Polygon or Pentigon.:confused: :confused:
And Yes the Bayfield Locals have been very successful at seperating me from my hard earned dollars. In great quantities I might add.

Howl,
Corrections have been made. I had "pentagon" on the mind but that is not compatible with your typical routes. "Polygon" is the word, man. :)

Beware, correcting "The Pesh" can be considered as a transgression unless he is in one of his RARE good moods!! ;) :D Consider yourself lucky - VERY LUCKY!! :D :cool:

Dale T.