PDA

View Full Version : Need End Table Plans - Help!

Lance Kneeland
02-22-2003, 3:02 AM
I am in desperate need of plans for end tables. I know, sounds simple enough, but here's the rub - I need a Chinese Chippendale design/pattern. Any guidance/direction that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. I will probably build them using mahogany and the tops will be granite - two huge pieces left over from a recent kitchen remodel that will be cut to size. I also plan to put a single drawer - and possibly a lower shelf - in each one.

This project is very high on LOML's priority list so any direction - links, e-mails, pictures, whatever - will be a blessing.

Thank you - Lance

Dave Anderson NH
02-22-2003, 7:33 AM
links or plans directly, but if you look in one of two books you might find something she will like. Albert Sack's The New Fine Points of Furniture- Early American and Queene Anne And Chippendale New England Fruniture At Winterthur will have some photos and dimensions. An alternative source which is much harder to use is Thomas Chippendale's The Cabinetmaker's Director. This has drawings of patterns from which most ofthe 18th century cabinetmakers derived their designs.

Finally, you might as this question on the forums section of the Society of American Period Furnituremakers website (www.sapfm.org).

John Sanford
02-25-2003, 5:54 PM
Another possibility would be to look at the work of Greene and Greene. The USC School of Architecture maintains the Gamble House (one of their works, from top to bottom, furnishings and all). I don't know if they worked in "chinese chippendale" but they were major players in the Arts & Crafts meets the Orient (aka "chinese mission") style.

Lance Kneeland
03-01-2003, 2:09 AM
Thanks y'all - found plan/design I'll be able to use with only minor changes. BO