PDA

View Full Version : Opossums, must be spring!

Joe Pelonio
04-20-2006, 8:25 AM
This morning driving the 3 miles or so along the lake to work I saw 3 opossums in the road. One flattened out roadkill, one more recent roadkill
(probably edible for some people, but I left it) and one live standing right on the yellow line. Around here we say it takes 3 of them to mate. To to
"do it" and one to watch for cars.:D

tod evans
04-20-2006, 8:27 AM
man joe, warm breakfast and you drove on by...:D

Steve Ash
04-20-2006, 8:55 AM
not only oppossums in the road, but driving home last night I caught the first whiff of Pepe LePew :eek: .....nothing like skunk smell....

tod evans
04-20-2006, 8:59 AM
it`ll soon be bambi season here in the ozarks;)

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-20-2006, 9:10 AM
Ha, that's funny, I noticed the other day, doing deliveries on my scooter, got to use the face sheild, the bugs are out in Tokyo :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-20-2006, 9:23 AM
I have a guy in town helping me do an installation. He's from Spokane, WA. He drove down in a few inches of snow on Monday.......We've had 70 degree weather here in the valley the last couple of days....sun shining....We're doing some really technical and somewhat dangerous stuff with a 3 Tesla magnet....can't leave the equipment for safety reasons:( ....can't go outside except to go from the new addition on the hospital to the old section to use the bathroom....get sodas.....We take alternating lunch breaks...he goes....I stay...and vice versa......At least we get a few minutes in the spring weather!:)

Jim Becker
04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm sure that Mrs. Groundhog is busy getting ready to raise another family under our deck...won't she be surprised when I start ripping it out as part of the home addition project, hopefully in a few months. LOL! (And it's getting replaced with hard-scaping...oh, well...)

Larry Browning
04-20-2006, 1:47 PM
not only oppossums in the road, but driving home last night I caught the first whiff of Pepe LePew :eek: .....nothing like skunk smell....
We have a guy in our office from Australia. One day several of us were going to lunch and one guy says "all right! who cut one!?" when the skunk smell engulfed the car. The guy from Australia says "Oh my God! whoever that was, needs to go see a doctor right away! Thats the worst thing I have ever smelled in my life!" Apparently they don't have skunks in Australia and he had never smelled a skunk before. He thought that it was actually coming from one of us. We laughed for a week over that one!

Roger Everett
04-20-2006, 6:20 PM
This reminds me of how, when I was young, we were so poor, that after school, my brother and I would go out to the main road, him going S , me going N. When we saw some road kill we would give it a shot from a spray paint can. When dad came home from work at 6, if he saw road kill with no paint on it, fresh meat for diner.
Roger