PDA

View Full Version : Brown came today

Bernie Weishapl
04-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Well Brown showed up at my door today. He brought some beeswax, Mike Mahoney's walnut oil system, a 3/8" spindle gouge, 3/4" square scraper and a new Apprentice chuck. Also came in the package was Alan Lacer's The Skew Chisel and Mike Mahoney's From the Tree to the Table. The chuck is really nice and when lined up with the tailstock it looks good with no runout. Anyway now to have some fun.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Excellent gloat Bernie! Where did you get the Lacer video?

Bernie Weishapl
04-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Sorry this order came from Craft USA. Ken it is well worth the money. I am watching it now and holy cow what I have learned so far. He makes it look so easy.

John Hart
04-20-2006, 7:55 AM
Nice pile of toys Bernie!! Yer gonna have some fun now! (like you don't already :rolleyes: )

can I have the box?:D

David Fried
04-20-2006, 8:32 AM
Very nice! I saw that chuck on their web site, complete with every jaw known to mankind and a box, and wondered if anyone had purchased it yet. Sounded like a great deal. Let us know how it works! I think I'll make a box for mine.

Keith Burns
04-20-2006, 8:42 AM
Great gloat Bernie ! Great bunch of tools and stuff:)

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-20-2006, 8:51 AM
NICE gloat!! :D

BOY I need a bowl gouge.............. :(

Mike Ramsey
04-20-2006, 9:05 AM
Wow! Nice gloat there ole chap!!

Kurt Aebi
04-20-2006, 9:20 AM
Bernie!

That Chuck looks Exactly the same as my Baracuda 2 - completely - right down to th box (other than the outside label, that is! lol). I bet they were made at the same factory - glad you didn't have to wait extra long like you would have if you'd ordered through PSI. ;)

Nice tools and congrat's on the videos as well.

I got to get that Lacer video, I can use the skew, but it can be scary as well.

Bob Noles
04-20-2006, 9:23 AM
What the heck Bernie..... didya win the Kansas lottery or sompin? WOW, what a pile of goodies.

Looks like you have got a fun weekend coming up. Good on ya my friend.

Bernie Weishapl
04-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments. I took the chuck out and cleaned it up. I put it on the lathe and checked it for runout. It looks really good and I do like the one handed operation. The video by Lacer The Skew is a very good one and have already seen one of the problems I have and how to correct it. I watched part of it last night and can't wait to watch the rest. Thanks again.

Raymond Overman
04-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Nice haul Bernie.