PDA

View Full Version : Free Wood Beekman, NY....

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-19-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't know if I can post this here, but I saw this on another forum....

Free Logs Ready to Load - Easy Access for Loader
Listing #433001 Listed on: 04/18
<hr size="1"> <table> <tbody><tr><td class="EX_field" width="20%">Listing Type:</td><td>For Sale</td></tr> <tr><td class="EX_field">Location:</td><td>Beekman, NY</td></tr> <tr><td class="EX_field">Category:</td><td>Lumber</td></tr> <tr><td class="EX_field">Sale Type:</td><td>Private Sale</td></tr> <tr><td class="EX_field">Name:</td><td>Zielenski, Pete</td></tr> <!--<tr><Td class=EX_field>Price:</td><td> </td></tr>--> <tr><td class="EX_field" colspan="2">Description:</td></tr> <tr><td class="EX_text" colspan="2">There are a few hundred logs stacked in piles that need to be removed for a farmer friend without the means to do so himself. The logs came from a local tree service that "borrowed" the space. The number of logs grew out of control and now have to be removed per the town.

Free to anyone who will take them all. Serious Inquires Only. Good for mulch, milling, or burning.

Some milling or cutting for a negotiable fee.</td></tr></tbody> </table>

If this is a big no no, I'm sure it will be removed, but for anyone near Beekman NY..... :D

Cheers!

Bernie Weishapl
04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Holy cow Stu wish I was closer. There is some serious wood there.

04-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Holy cow Stu wish I was closer. There is some serious wood there.

YOU wish YOU were closer....? :D

Man I have the set up to turn that pile of logs into $$$$$$$$ and I'm stuck way over here.... :(

Oh well, I hope some one is "Closer" or a turning club is that has a large number of members that can have at it!

Cheers!

John Hart
04-20-2006, 7:50 AM
I'm closer...but not close enough....plus, I don't own a semi.:D

Nice pile of trees....But Stu....You don't have room anyway!!!!!:eek:

(btw...the link should go, per tos. links to other forums are hazardous to SMC)

04-20-2006, 8:04 AM
OK linky is gone....

David Fried
04-20-2006, 8:29 AM
Too bad it was a take the whole pile deal. Imagine if they just let all the woodworkers descend and take what they could. I bet that pile would disappear.

John Shuk
04-20-2006, 4:45 PM
I am closer. About 20 minutes. Free wood could make that about 10 minutes. Unfortunately I am already in over my head with wood. I do belong to a turning club though!

John Shuk
04-20-2006, 4:46 PM
Could you pm me the link?

John Hart
04-20-2006, 5:50 PM
I sent you a PM John

04-20-2006, 8:45 PM
Mr. Shuk, I hope your turning club has some members who could move that wood and use it the right way, NOT mulching it!

Cheers!

John Shuk
04-21-2006, 5:55 AM
Some people would call what I turn mulch! Thanks for the lead Stu.