PDA

View Full Version : HD Discount if anyone's interested

Doug Shepard
04-19-2006, 6:40 PM
I ordered a few tools during HD's big hand tools sale before Christmas. I'm pretty sure I opted not to be emailed by them with endless spam. So I get an email today with the following:

A recent audit indicates that we may have inadvertently removed you from receiving Home Depot promotional emails as a result of a purchase you made on homedepot.com in 2005.
We sincerely apologize for our mistake and for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you would like to resume receiving emails from The Home Depot about unadvertised specials, new products and store promotions, simply click here (http://click.homedepotemail.com/?ffcb10-ff2a1575726c-fe4f1577726c0c7a7112-ff0a1770746504) to opt back in. If you do not wish to opt back in, disregard this message.
In appreciation of your business, we would also like to offer you 10%* off any purchase on homedepot.com through April 21st. Simply enter code XF7 upon checkout

I'm guessing the XF7 promo code would work for anybody trying to pick up a 10% discount.

Matt Meiser
04-19-2006, 9:42 PM
I got the same message. But I opted out after having to write the CEO in order to get the problems with our window order taken care of (which was followed by another letter complaining about the fact that the manager that I complained about the first time and two other employees followed me through the store at a distance when I was in the store to spend the gift card they sent as an apology.)

Sounds to me like they are ignoring their opt out policy, making this email true spam.

Allen Bookout
04-19-2006, 10:02 PM
I got the same message but here is the deal as far as I see it. You get the 10% discount but you still have to pay tax AND shipping so for some items it is cheaper to go down to the store and pay full price plus tax.

The Internet price with the discount for 6" Ridgid ROS works out to be a little better than the store price.

Unit Price: $139.00
Shipping: $ 8.67
Tax $ 10.43
Total: $158.01 or approx $144.00 with the 10% discount

Store Price: $139.00
Tax: $ 9.76
Total Store Price $148.76

I do not know why there is a difference is sales taxes.

The Oscillating Edge/Belt Sander store price is much cheaper than the Internet discount price due to a greater shipping charge. The Internet price (price + shipping charge + tax and %10 discount) equals approx $233.11 and the store price (price + tax) equals $212.93.

So you have to watch or you will get burned even with the 10% discount unless you have to drive a great distance to get to a store.

Allen