PDA

View Full Version : To One and All!

Ed Breen
04-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Folks, I just want to say thank you all for this wonderful site and your gracious sharing of information and techniques. At my advanced age I must say I've been WWing for many years but I have learned more in the past year from this forum than in all those prior years. again,
Thank You all.
Ed

Howie French
04-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Ed,

I couldn't agree more with you. I really enjoy this place, and the amount of information that I have learned over the past couple of years here has been
enormous. It's the people here that make this such a great place.

Howie

Dennis Peacock
04-19-2006, 12:32 PM
ED,

Thank YOU for sharing part of your life with all of us. It's people that make SMC what it really is. It's all about "people"!!!! :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Yep, this place is tops.

Cheers!

Bernie Weishapl
04-19-2006, 1:10 PM
Ed thanks for sharing with us. It is people like you that make this the place it is and I surely do appreciate it.

Keith Burns
04-19-2006, 3:23 PM
Ed, I couldn't agree more ! Like Dennis said it's all about the people and you couldn't find a better group of people anywhere !

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-19-2006, 3:31 PM
I haven't kept track, but I believe that I have gotten at least 10 to 1 on what I have offered as advice, etc.

Great place to hang out!

Bruce

tod evans
04-19-2006, 3:43 PM
yup, good folks! .02 tod

John Hart
04-19-2006, 4:21 PM
I get good advice even though I hand out bad advice. Nice place. Great observation Ed...I too have learned more in the past year than in the previous 20.:)

Andy Hoyt
04-19-2006, 5:24 PM
Shucks, thanks Ed. But please remember that help is a two way street.

Hey! I spent the summer of 1974 in Muskogee working on a power plant that was being built there. Fond memories of that experience persist still - especially the swimming out at Tenkiller lake.

Ed Breen
04-19-2006, 5:38 PM
Andy,
Tenkiller is still the prettiest lake around since it has a rock bottom. We also have a home and 50 acres on the Illinois river that runs into tenkiller. Lovely stream.Did you work on the gas driven or coal driven power house? They're both still there, the gas is now a backup.
Thanks to all for your responses and encouragement.
Ed:)

Andy Hoyt
04-19-2006, 5:43 PM
It was the coal plant. I was on the labor crew. Shovel operator. Most of the time was spent on prepping the road bed for the rail line, but the big "fun" was when the foundation for the plant got poured. Something like four acres and 40 feet deep in one continuous pour in 100 degree heat. Have hated the stuff ever since.

Glenn Hodges
04-19-2006, 5:58 PM
Ed I am glad to have you participating with us at SMC. We need all the good ones we can get. I try to help out some small way to pay back all the help I received when I first started turning. When I first started there was no one to ask a question. It was not the blind leading the blind it was me blind as a bat bumping around into things and tearing them up as I went. When I found the old forum I thought I had died and gone to heaven. All I did was monitor it for a long time, but man was I happy to just find some people that knew something about woodturning. It does me good to share some of the things I have learned with the people starting out like others did for me.