PDA

View Full Version : Gettin started

Steve Ash
04-19-2006, 8:01 AM
Creeker Paul Downes brought some bowl blanks to our woodworkers meeting last night and a few of them followed me home. I'll be picking up the lathe tomorrow night and hopefully a super nova chuck. Guess there is no "turning" back now.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-19-2006, 8:07 AM
Nope.......there's no turning back.....And having seen your first goblet.......you won't regret it....you'll find it an endless learning experience and almost instant gratification.......You'll enjoy it.....You'll spend lotsa money......don't whine...enjoy!

John Hart
04-19-2006, 8:07 AM
What's that one on the far Right Steve? Looks Curly from here. Nice looking pieces!!!! Congratulations.:)

Steve Ash
04-19-2006, 8:13 AM
What's that one on the far Right Steve? Looks Curly from here. Nice looking pieces!!!! Congratulations.:)

That one is birdseye maple with some powder post beetle worm holes. Paul was saving a big chunk of that for a gunstock before the bugs took up occupancy. It is dry from sitting in his shop for a number of years.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-19-2006, 8:45 AM
Abandon all hope Steve, you are now truly beyond the shore and in open water, pull up that sail and enjoy the ride! :D

Tyler Howell
04-19-2006, 8:48 AM
OOH the pain of it all:( . Another confused soul taken down by turning crack.

Pete Jordan
04-19-2006, 8:48 AM
Now I'm really sorry I had to go to my kid's school last night! Great lookin wood!

Pete

Mark Cothren
04-19-2006, 9:32 AM
Looks like you're ready to cook with gas, Steve! Can't wait to see what you turn out of those pieces.

Bernie Weishapl
04-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Congrats on the wood Steve. Can't wait to see some turnings after you get the lathe. Once you slip on the slope there is no place to grab.

Mike Ramsey
04-19-2006, 2:24 PM
Nice haul there Steve! Pete, now you see what happens
when you play Hookey on free wood night! :( ...

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-19-2006, 3:44 PM
Attention on Deck

Right Hand Salute

Welcome to the VORTEX, MR. ASH:D

We are waiting for the pictorial evidence of full conversion!:rolleyes:

Petty Officer Bruce;)
Lathe Legions

Steve Ash
04-19-2006, 4:50 PM
Now I'm really sorry I had to go to my kid's school last night!

Pete, mother Ash always taught me to share....NOT!:D

Just kidding, I'll stick a bowl blank aside for the next time I see you.