PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of shop time

Raymond Overman
04-18-2006, 11:03 PM
I don't want to cause a stir and hope this isn't against terms of service or bylaws here on SMC but I thought I'd share a little of my shop time with anyone that's interested. I've set up a webcam in my shop pointed at my lathe and thought it would be a neat addition to my website.

I hope it's not construed as self promotion. It's meant more as sharing with my friends. Only 10 people at a time can view the cam but there's a chat too.

http://www.overmanshop.com:8081

Mods, feel free to delete if inappropriate. Thanks.

Andy Hoyt
04-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Very nice, Raymond. Pic was a wee bit fuzzy, but fun nonetheless.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Hey, it is just about 1 AM your time, the lights are on in the shop, I see a bowl chucked up, but no turning going on........ what gives? :D

What time are you usually "In Studio".........?

Cheers!

John Hart
04-19-2006, 6:39 AM
Pretty cool Raymond. Can't wait to catch you turning some time. I put the link in my favorites.:)

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-19-2006, 8:25 AM
What kind of lathe is that, and does the Mt bike power it...?

:D

Raymond Overman
04-19-2006, 8:31 AM
Hey, it is just about 1 AM your time, the lights are on in the shop, I see a bowl chucked up, but no turning going on........ what gives? :D

What time are you usually "In Studio".........?

Cheers!

Stu,

I'm a night owl but I don't stay up all night like you. I'm "In Shed" two or three times a week between 9:00 PM and 12:00 AM EST depending on what's going on with the family and whether "Lost" is a re-run.

I plan on putting a link on my website to the cam and I'll have an indicator that will tell whether I'm turning or not.

Thanks,

Raymond Overman
04-19-2006, 8:38 AM
What kind of lathe is that, and does the Mt bike power it...?

:D

It's an old school Delta Rockwell and if my gravitationally challenged butt had time to get on the bike, I probably wouldn't have time for turning. :eek:

Notice that I have to remove the bike and the lawnmower from "The Shed" to turn anything.