PDA

View Full Version : Carving out a niche

Bob Swenson
04-18-2006, 4:40 PM
Hot off the CarveWright.
This sign is for a new bar in a local Community Club, maybe they should call the
bar "Moderation". The guy's will be in the dog house before they get home.

Bob

tod evans
04-18-2006, 4:42 PM
cool! is that right off the machine bob?

Vaughn McMillan
04-18-2006, 4:51 PM
Very nice, Bob. You need a couple of chisels and a few more curlies in the picture just for effect.

- Vaughn

Keith Outten
04-18-2006, 5:06 PM
Another sign maker in the house...YESSSSSSSS!

Nice work Bob :)

Cecil Arnold
04-18-2006, 5:47 PM
Outstanding Bob. What does Per have to say now?

Pete Harbin
04-18-2006, 6:39 PM
All with one gouge, one small plane and a scrub brush! :D

Well done!

Pete

Don Baer
04-18-2006, 6:52 PM
Exellent Bob. I've been waiting for one of the new carwright owners to post something. Now to convince LOML that I need to spend 2K on a tool.

Bob Swenson
04-18-2006, 6:56 PM
Vaughn-- It’s the ham in me , should have added a carving mallet and few chisels that I don’t own. The little brass brush is to clean up the fuzz the machine leaves.
The customer is going to paint it in their bar colors. Rah, Rah, drinking team
I did have to repair a couple of the fine lines.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o>:p></o>:p>
Cecil- Per says 200 more and we can buy a Shopbot, said he was going to chain me to the machine.

Tod -they do need clean up

richard poitras
04-18-2006, 7:05 PM
Bob, nice looking sign,:cool: Is that just of off the regular software package that comes with the carvewright and or how much computer time only did it take to lay out the design and how long to carve,also what kind of wood did you use. I been thinking about getting one, so any impute would be appreciated .

Thanks Richard

Per Swenson
04-18-2006, 7:23 PM
I am going to the house right now. Imagonna hide his teeth untill

he comes back on and mentions just how long it took him to get

to this point. The real question should be, for how long did your hair hurt

before you got to this stage? I keep tellin him it ain't like a dishwasher.

Per

Richard Wolf
04-18-2006, 7:50 PM
Bob, the sign looks great.

Per, think of it this way, if it went faster, he would be spending more time with you.

Richard

Bob Swenson
04-18-2006, 8:26 PM
Richard;
Yes, the sign is designed with the software that comes with the machine.
You can design a sign on the computer in about 10 minuets, but the carving can take hours. I put it in the machine turn it on and go to the Legion to chew the fat with the other old *****. Every one’s learning curve is different, mine is flat.
Down the road they will have a lot more design pieces to chose from. We ordered the scanner for the machine so that we can copy original designs that I will be making in clay, scanning and duplicating in wood. The possibilities are endless, carved mantelpieces, personalized raised panels in cabinets. Men’s Room signs-etc.

Bob

Ian Barley
04-18-2006, 8:47 PM
I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I suspect that Per & Bob's shop is probably a pretty fun place to hang out:)

Nice sign - very impressive. Just wish they would sell me a machine over here - ho-hum!

Jim Becker
04-18-2006, 9:22 PM
I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I suspect that Per & Bob's shop is probably a pretty fun place to hang out

Yea, both of them are undoubtedly "a lot of fun" to hang around...especially if you are sampling Per's hat and sunglasses collection...
----

Bob...great results. I may have to have you make up a sign for me someday. Something like, "Yes, this really is your shop. Remember?"

Von Bickley
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
That is one great looking sign...

I need one just like it. I've been in the "Dog House" so long that when somebody comes to the house, I don't know if I should shake their hand or smell their backside.:D :D :D