PDA

View Full Version : the woodworking channel

Jack Roest
04-17-2006, 7:19 PM
I can see and hear the ww ing channel. The problem I have is I cannot access the menu on the left side of the screen mainly the schedule. All I get now is page not found. When the program first started I was able to access the menu. Does any one else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution. TIA Jack

Chris Barton
04-17-2006, 7:46 PM
When I use IE I can't either but, I can see the video. When I use Firefox as my borser I can but, I can't see the video.

Greg Tatum
04-17-2006, 8:25 PM
maybe a pop-up blocker problem....I had to "allow" it in order to have full access to the site.....I use Firefox with script blocking feature.

Brent Smith
04-17-2006, 9:37 PM
I use IE with Norton. To be able to use the left hand features I have to disable anti-spam in Norton. Problem is that when I do I get all kinds of pop-ups. So I've pretty much given up on watching the woodworking channel for now.

Brent

Lopaka Garcia
04-17-2006, 9:45 PM
I can't catch Woodworking channel with either IE or Firefox. I've tried every suggestion people gave me and still no luck. :confused: Why can't they just make it so everyone can watch it? I'm sure there's more to it than that, but it's frustrating. :mad:

Robert Waddell
04-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Most of the time I have no problem with the WW Channel. Sometimes I have had problems that appeared to be them servicing the site. I'm running IE, with McAfee, a multitude of AOL junk blockers and Zone Alarm.
Rob

James Suzda
04-17-2006, 11:43 PM
I use IE with Norton. To be able to use the left hand features I have to disable anti-spam in Norton. Problem is that when I do I get all kinds of pop-ups. So I've pretty much given up on watching the woodworking channel for now.

Brent
I had this same setup and had to disable Norton's Internet Security for five minutes before logging on. After I got logged onto the WW Channel then I could enable NIS again and everything worked! However, last weekend everything worked just great without Norton's giving me any problems. I had sent an e-mail to their tech support and we exchanged a flurry of messages one day trying to figure out what to do to fix the problem with NIS. I had figured they found a fix for it when everything worked for me. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.
Jim

Don Dean
04-18-2006, 8:19 AM
Sorry I can't help as I am not having any problems with The Woodworking Channel. I am running Windows IE ver. 6, Zone Alarm ver. 6, Norton Systemworks 2006, Windows Media Player 10, DSL connection.