PDA

View Full Version : Trend airshield gloat

Ernie Nyvall
04-17-2006, 7:16 PM
Well it came in today, and just when I was about to call the shipper. Got an extra bat pack with it.

I thought the face shield would be easier to see through though. This one is kind of crinkly.:rolleyes:

Ernie

William Bachtel
04-17-2006, 7:19 PM
Lets us know how you like it, after a few days of use. Thanks I have been thinking about getting one.

Chris Barton
04-17-2006, 7:43 PM
Sweet looking face shield there Darth Vader. I have one of those on my shopping list too.

Bob Noles
04-17-2006, 8:26 PM
Ernie,

Perhaps it would work better without the wrapping material:p :p

As sceptical as I was before buying mine, I don't know how I lived without it. I wear it nearly all the time working with all my machines and most especially sanding. I think you are going to love it.

Ain't it nice being able to wear your bifocals under it? :D

George Conklin
04-17-2006, 8:39 PM
Way to go, Ernie.
I got my Airshield a while ago and love it.

David Fried
04-17-2006, 8:55 PM
Ain't it nice being able to wear your bifocals under it? :D

Is that what those granny glasses are?:D

I can't recall anyone saying anything bad the trend and I've heard a couple of stories where it saved the guys noggin so I think it's a great gloat! Enjoy!

Dick Parr
04-17-2006, 9:01 PM
Ernie you look good in it, that crinkly stuff keeps the shield clean:eek:

Congrats on the best tool you have bought, you will learn to use it for everything. Have fun.:) ;)

Andy Hoyt
04-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Hey Ernie. Wondering if you looked at any other brands before settling on this one. Triton, 3M, etc.

And if so, what pushed you in this particular direction?

Ernie Nyvall
04-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey Ernie. Wondering if you looked at any other brands before settling on this one. Triton, 3M, etc.

And if so, what pushed you in this particular direction?

Andy, I'd only seen the Triton and Trend. I tried them both on. I didn't care for thr Triton with the hose hanging... just more to get in and out of and with me, I'd probably catch the hose on something and do a flip. I also felt more confined in the Triton... visually.

At first with the Trend I didn't like it because I was having to bend my neck way over to see down, but once I found out how to adjust the top head strap for raising and lowering it, it was just right. It's funny that the salesmen do not show you this when you are trying one on... at least the ones I talked to didn't.

Anyway, others on SMC have the Trend and like it. I didn't do any reaserch to speek of though.

Ernie

Brad Schmid
04-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Good score Ernie. I think a new avatar may be in order:D
use it in good health.
cheers

Andy Hoyt
04-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks, Ernie. I tried the Triton on and didn't care for it. Still waiting to find a Trend I can slap on for a fit.

Barry Stratton
04-18-2006, 3:17 AM
Great gloat. for a moment there, I thought you played goalie on the senior hockey team......

John Hart
04-18-2006, 8:17 AM
I thought the face shield would be easier to see through though. This one is kind of crinkly.:rolleyes:

Ya see?...This is why children shouldn't play with plastic bags.:rolleyes:

Congratulations Ernie! Nice toy!:)

Glenn Clabo
04-18-2006, 8:35 AM
Shoulda said something...coulda hauled it up there. I'm trying to figure out how to put little windshield wipers on it so when someone like you forgets and tries to drink coffee with it down.

Mike Ramsey
04-18-2006, 9:15 AM
Ernie, whered you buy it ? How much it cost? I need one of those!
Son is graduating in May so's don't look good till maybe mid summer for me. Good gloat!!

Jim Stoppleworth
04-18-2006, 4:37 PM
I've been thinking about an Airshield, right now I'm just wearing prescription safety glasses. I'm gonna have to wear glasses to see to turn. Will the Airshield or any full face air device allow for glasses?

Jim

Glenn Clabo
04-18-2006, 6:46 PM
Glasses are no problem for me Jim.

Bob Noles
04-18-2006, 7:01 PM
Wear my prescription safety glasses under my Airshield without any problem.

Ernie Nyvall
04-18-2006, 7:27 PM
Ernie, whered you buy it ? How much it cost? I need one of those!
Son is graduating in May so's don't look good till maybe mid summer for me. Good gloat!!

Got it here Mike. http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/html/airshield.htm
Best price I could find.

Jim... what Glenn said.

Andy, when you do try one on make sure you adjust the strap that crosses the top of your head. I tried one on at a store and the WW show and couldn't get it to sit right and the salesmen didn't mention that this strap is adjustable. When I finally noticed the little adjusting holes, I reset it and it sat down real nice.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
04-18-2006, 8:44 PM
Nice gloat Ernie. Looks pretty good on you although my mother would say never stick you head in a plastic bag.:D