PDA

View Full Version : Therapy

Ken Fitzgerald
04-17-2006, 10:40 AM
After my cherry bowl explosion I needed to turn something for therapy so...I had a little piece of oak laying around. My MIL in Illinois has been asking about my turning projects so.....this one is being shipped to her....A little oak box...to be used to hold toothpicks.......

Keith Burns
04-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Very nice box Ken.:) Great form and I like your detail work as well:) :)

Mike Ramsey
04-17-2006, 10:52 AM
That's not a nice box! That's a great box! Great job Ken!!

Barry Stratton
04-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Great therapy Ken! I'm sure your MIL will love it - well done.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey, think of the extra money you can add to the toy.....er tool budget, no more trips to the shrink ;) :D (just kidding)

Tyler Howell
04-17-2006, 12:13 PM
For a guy with an incomplete shop you do alright:cool: :D

Steve Ash
04-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Very nice Ken, you amaze me with your talent....I hope to someday get the skills that you have achieved in such a short time.

Mother in law points huh? What'd you do wrong this time?:D

Dennis Peacock
04-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Very nice Ken!!!! You're doing well on the spinny thang!!!!! Very well done sir. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Tyler.........Having you been conversing with my wife?.........Yesterday we planned finishing the driveway, pouring a 4' pad and edging to the shop to contain the gravel driveway.

Youngest son is running an Ironman contest in Courdalene in June. He's coming a few weeks early to train locally. He's been training for a year for it. He has offered to help finish the shop to fill the time between training bouts.My knees have been bothering me. I could probably have surgery on both of them. So while he's here.....I hope to get the concrete apron poured on the shop and finish the interior. Climbing up and down ladders and platforms doing the finish work on the wallboard on the ceiling was killing me. I'm putting of surgery for another year or two and then have both of them repaired.

I hope you haven't been calling my wife and giving her advice! She doesn't need any help!:eek: :D

John Hart
04-17-2006, 12:26 PM
For a guy with an incomplete shop you do alright:cool: :D

Tyler...I'd like to talk to you about your incomplete wardrobe.;) :p :D

Holy cow Ken....That is a pretty lil' box!!! I just got to get me one of those!!:)

Ken Fitzgerald
04-17-2006, 1:03 PM
John............I just happen to have another piece of oak that needs turning. If you want it...........I'll turn one and send it your way. Just for the record......that cherry finger bowl that exploded had your name on it!....Maybe that was the problem...your name or rather your reputation :eek: was more than it could handle?:eek: :D

John Hart
04-17-2006, 1:29 PM
John............I just happen to have another piece of oak that needs turning. If you want it...........I'll turn one and send it your way. Just for the record......that cherry finger bowl that exploded had your name on it!....Maybe that was the problem...your name or rather your reputation :eek: was more than it could handle?:eek: :D

Nope nope...That's quite alright Mr. Fitzgerald. You've done too much as it is....And I already have enough stuff to pack.:eek: I have my autographed Ken Fitzgerald Magazine Cover so I can die happy.:) 'Sides...I think if I hunt around, I might find some wood that I can try it m'self. But Thanks!

Bernie Weishapl
04-17-2006, 2:05 PM
Ken that is a pretty awesome. I like the form and finish. She is going to love it. Great therapy isn't it Ken.

Ernie Nyvall
04-17-2006, 6:10 PM
Wow Ken, that looks great! Now you're going to have your MIL asking... What else are you turning?:)

Ernie

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-17-2006, 7:23 PM
Ken, you are really progressing. Great box. She'll love it.

Bruce

Travis Stinson
04-17-2006, 7:30 PM
Way to go Ken, that looks great!:cool:
Tyler, he has all he needs now.;)

Dick Parr
04-17-2006, 9:41 PM
Great job Ken, that looks wonderful. Very nice job.