PDA

View Full Version : Birthday tool gloat

Steve Ash
04-17-2006, 9:23 AM
I couldn't wait for the doors to open at the local lumber/tool store to open. My kids gave me a gift certificate to Johnsons workbench and I decided to start getting some turning tools to go with that old lathe (Oliver 159) I'll be picking up thursday.

So after a long and informative phone call to Mr. Miliunas last night about what I needed to get started with, I bought a Robert Larson 1/2" bowl gouge, Thursday when I visit woodcraft just prior to getting my lathe I'll pick up some more tools with the cash I also received.

I'm so glad I finally stopped getting polo shirts for my birthday (that I never wear anyway...I'm a t-shirt kinda guy):D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-17-2006, 9:36 AM
Nice gloat Steve! I"ve got several Robert Larson tools. They seem to be good tools!

Keith Burns
04-17-2006, 9:39 AM
Nice gloat Steve! Looking forward to seeing the work you produce off of your lathe:)

Mike Ramsey
04-17-2006, 10:29 AM
That's the best kinda birthday present! A new Turning tool &
a set of keys for the new car!!

John Hart
04-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Very pretty looking tool Steve. It needs to get dirty.;)

Strange....I don't need keys for my turning tools.:)

Steve Ash
04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Strange....I don't need keys for my turning tools.:)

Well I could lie and tell you guys those are the keys to a 396 big block that powers my lathe....when actually they are the keys to my Chevelle SS that I used for a reference to the size of the new tool.

Bernie Weishapl
04-17-2006, 2:14 PM
Way to go Steve. Can't wait till you get the lathe and see some turnings.

Pete Jordan
04-17-2006, 2:18 PM
Congrats Steve!

Is your Oliver ready to go or are you going to have to tune it up?

Pete

Ernie Nyvall
04-17-2006, 6:16 PM
Happy Birthday Steve!! The best gloat here is what your kids did for you. Congrats on the tool too.

Ernie