PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection adapter

Mark Singer
04-16-2006, 11:52 PM
My new MM jointer/planer has a Euro sized Dust port. Does antone know a good source fot the special adapters? Thanks!

Jamie Buxton
04-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Dunno about MMs, but on my machines I just cut off the Euro-sized ones and pop-riveted on American ones. It was easier than trying to find some metric-to-inch adapter.

Steven Wilson
04-17-2006, 1:56 AM
I use Nordfab QF fittings from my machines to the blast gates and had 120mm RAW to 5" QF reducers made. I just rivited them to the hoods and then I can use 5" flex hose (with Nordfab fittings) and quickly install/disconnect them.

Norman Hitt
04-17-2006, 3:45 AM
My new MM jointer/planer has a Euro sized Dust port. Does antone know a good source fot the special adapters? Thanks!

Uh oh, I was gone for a few days a couple of times recently, Sooooo........ Did I Miss a GLOAT somewhere?:confused: Fill me in.:D

Chris Padilla
04-17-2006, 4:13 AM
Mark,

Steve above nailed it but you might be shocked how expensive those suckers are from Nordfab...but they are heavy duty and nice.... You pick up an FS-41 Elite when I wasn't lookin'? ;)

Dan Forman
04-17-2006, 5:15 AM
I believe that Oneida has them, but talk to Sam Blasco and ask him how he sets up his with a Fernco fitting from the Borg.

Dan

tod evans
04-17-2006, 5:18 AM
mark, use a firmco coupler.....02 tod

Matt Meiser
04-17-2006, 7:41 AM
Duct Tape?

Jim Becker
04-17-2006, 8:43 AM
Mark, I bought my 120mm to 5" adapters from Oneida....and are we "missing" an official gloat here, or did I just plain miss it???

Steve Clardy
04-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Duct Tape?

You must watch Red and Green also.:) I do:D

Carry on. No help from me Mark:o ;) :D

Steven Wilson
04-17-2006, 5:39 PM
Steve above nailed it but you might be shocked how expensive those suckers are from Nordfab...but they are heavy duty and nice.... You pick up an FS-41 Elite when I wasn't lookin'?

They were about $26 each, need one for each port on the combo. The other fittings ("QF to blast gate, QF hose fittings) were fairly reasonable. Considering the cost of the machine the fittings were reasonable.

Don Baer
04-17-2006, 6:05 PM
Mark,
If you care to furnish the material I'll turn you a nice one out of Shlamaca...I can't seem to find any around here.:D

By the way did you get the new toy similar to the one you were eyeballing at Sam Maloofs last November ?

Paul B. Cresti
04-17-2006, 6:06 PM

Mark,
I made my own. I cut a piece of 5" ductwork, about 8" long and duct taped it to the dust hood. On the mortiser side I attached a bit of flex hose and ended it with my "special quick conect" ;) From above at my blastgate, I came down with 5" flex hose to a small piece of 8" long - 5" diam ductwork and crimped the end. It simple fits snuggly into the other adapters... it ain't the prettiest but it works fine... By the way did you just happen to get some kinf of MM machine??? WHERE IS TYLER!!!!!!