PDA

View Full Version : Shop Pics - Finally!

Brad Noble
04-16-2006, 9:18 PM
Here are some pics of my shop. No, its not done yet but it is getting closer. First, the building itself:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/bpnoble/Exterior_Shop.jpg

Its a 16' by 24' building. Nothing fancy, just a shop. Next, the inside:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/bpnoble/Inside_Door_Right.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/bpnoble/PM_66_outfeed.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/bpnoble/West_Wall_Entry.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/bpnoble/USS_PM66.jpg

The shop is close. All I need now is some lumber. I want to build a wine cabinet of some sort and I'm thinking as a first project in the new shop, red oak would be a good choice.

What do you think? Oh, and how about the shop, see anything I shouldn't have done?

(Note to Tyler) Pics offered as proof. :D :D

Brad

Steve Clardy
04-16-2006, 9:24 PM
Looks great. A little to clean for most shops!!

Like your slider, outfeed table.

Tyler Howell
04-16-2006, 9:28 PM
Thanks Brad:cool: ,
Seal of approval. What are the demensions?

Brad Noble
04-16-2006, 9:40 PM
Thanks Steve. Just had it cleaned up before the next round of work begins. Ductwork for the DC is next up. Then, watch out, it could get dirty in there!

Brad

Brad Noble
04-16-2006, 9:42 PM
Thanks Brad:cool: ,
Seal of approval. What are the demensions?

Right below the first pic ........ 16' by 24'. I do have a closet approx 4' by 5' in the corner behind the TS that houses the DC and the Air Compressor.

Brad

Brad Noble
04-16-2006, 9:46 PM
Like your slider, outfeed table.

So do I, So do I. Its a 1993 model PM66 5HP single phase with an original PM model ST-1 slider. The sliders were only built by PM from 1988 'til 1989, according to one of the techs at PM. The table for the slider is cast iron and HEAVY.

Brad

Chris Barton
04-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Great shop! Interestingly, the slider looks exactly like the unit on my Robland X31.

Dev Emch
04-16-2006, 10:18 PM
So do I, So do I. Its a 1993 model PM66 5HP single phase with an original PM model ST-1 slider. The sliders were only built by PM from 1988 'til 1989, according to one of the techs at PM. The table for the slider is cast iron and HEAVY.

Brad

Your slider resembles one of the older robland slider add ons. These were sold to a number of saw makers like general in canada under OEM contracts and Powermatic may also have had one of these contracts. Those looking for a similar table should contact laguna tools and inquire about the robland heavy duty sliding tables.

Shop looks really nice so far. Wish I could get mine as clean. My dust problem confirmed this morning that the pack rat Packy is back. Those aint no mouse prints in the dust on the jointer table!:(

Brad Noble
04-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Strange. The slider was made by PM during their time when they were owned by DeVlieg-Bullard. Inc. I've heard that they later made and sold their sliders under several names, I don't know for sure. Perhaps yours is one of these? Nice to know if it was. Got any close up pics of the under carriage?

Brad

Tom Andersen
04-17-2006, 8:25 AM
Excellent shop! The only thing that I dislike is that your table saw doesn't have a splitter:confused:

Brad Noble
04-17-2006, 8:48 AM
Excellent shop! The only thing that I dislike is that your table saw doesn't have a splitter:confused:

well, not yet it doesn't. I'm working on that issue now.

Brad

Jason Tuinstra
04-17-2006, 9:11 AM
Brad great looking shop! I'm sure you'll be able to have many hours of quality relaxation in there.

Mike Wilkins
04-17-2006, 9:43 AM
Congrats on the new shop Brad. Mine is also 16 X 24 with a 16 x 16 add-on for lumber/junk storage.
Love that funky paint job on the front of that cabinet. Nice to add some artistic flavor to the shop.
Stay safe and watch those fingers.

Mark Pruitt
04-17-2006, 9:44 AM
Excellent use of space! Very neat!

Brad Noble
04-17-2006, 11:48 AM
It already has, Jason, it already has. Building the shop is as much relaxation as using it, ya know?

Brad

Brad Noble
04-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Congrats on the new shop Brad. Mine is also 16 X 24 with a 16 x 16 add-on for lumber/junk storage.
Love that funky paint job on the front of that cabinet. Nice to add some artistic flavor to the shop.
Stay safe and watch those fingers.

Oohh!! That would be nice but as you can see, I'm out of room for that. I have a two car garage on the house and if I let my vehicle set out I'm allowed to use that side for my storage area. I know 'cause my Wife said so! ;)

As to the funky paint work, the cabinet was a freebie from a store downtown that was closing up and all I had to do was move it. I didn't worry about re-painting it yet. Some day I will ......... maybe. It does kinda grow on ya.

Brad

Pete Harbin
04-17-2006, 2:16 PM
Nice shop Brad! Look's like a nice place to "escape" to!

Pete

Brad Noble
04-17-2006, 7:01 PM
Nice shop Brad! Look's like a nice place to "escape" to!

Pete

That, it is. Speaking of escape to the shop, I gotta go. Out to the shop I go. Got some more mundane construction to do before I start making sawdust for worth-while projects.

Brad