PDA

View Full Version : rikon lathe

byron constantine
04-16-2006, 3:42 PM
Can the rikon be bought on amazon.com or not? My local woodcraft sent
all of them back because of a problem. What is the probl;em with them?
Thanks, Byron

Chris Barton
04-16-2006, 3:55 PM
Hi Byron,

First, welcome to the creek. Now, about the Rikon; there were some initial reports of minor defects in a few of the Rikons. It is my understanding this was largely isolated to the first run of machines that were sold in 05. It is also my understanding that all were repaired or replaced to suit the customer's satisfaction. I haven't heard anything but positives since then. I have a Jet VS mini and a PM3520a and had the Rikon been available when I bought my Jet, well, I wouldn't have bought it, I would have chosen the Rikon. It is also my understanding that Woodcraft has exclusive rights to USA distributorship of Rikon tools. You can order it directly from Woodcraft at their website.

Don Baer
04-16-2006, 4:36 PM
Byron,
I picked up my Rikon a month ago from Woodcraft in Phoenix. They had several in stock. It's been a great lathe, well worth the price. I heard that some of the first ones had problems but several on this board have one and from what I could gather prior to getting mine they are all happy with the machine.

Jim Davenport
04-16-2006, 5:31 PM
I've had my Rikon for little over a month now. I really love it. I've turned a bunch of stuff with it. I've had no problems with it so far. (other than my mistakes:rolleyes: )
I was at my local Woodcraft last week. I hadbought the second from last one they had in stock. I was talking to the guy there, he said that they were back ordered. I guess Woodcraft has exclusive rights on them.
I had heard that there was problems with the early ones, but like I said, I love mine.:D

Jason Boushard
04-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Love mine too got a real nice rikon radial dp to go with it!