PDA

View Full Version : Please give me some advice.....

Kurt Krauter in Indy
08-22-2003, 2:21 PM
Hello all. I was at a customer's this morning and he is a decorative molding supply house. After looking at his storage needs and me telling him I am a woodworker, he asked if I was interested in some equipment he was wanting to get rid of. I said sure and he showed me 3 RAS's. One is a delta 10 professional with stand and all looking nearly new. I said "I'll take that one" the other 2 were old DeWalt 20's that were fully functional less blade guards. He said they were getting out of the cutting business and said to make him an offer on the lot.

I will try to get my pics smaller so I can post them , but my question is ...what are they worth and does anyone here have an interest in either of the 20"...

Kurt

John Weber
08-22-2003, 3:06 PM
Kurt,

Congrats on the 10", it's a nice machine for a hobbiest/small shop. The 20" saws could bring big bucks. There were 2 recently on ebay, 1 didn't sell at $1500 and the other sold for $770. I guess location and condition are key. Expensive to ship, but worth some $$$. You might want to check www.woodweb.com or the Original Saw Co. for comparsions.

Go for it.

John

Steve Roxberg
08-22-2003, 3:35 PM
Hello all. I was at a customer's this morning and he is a decorative molding supply house. After looking at his storage needs and me telling him I am a woodworker, he asked if I was interested in some equipment he was wanting to get rid of. I said sure and he showed me 3 RAS's. One is a delta 10 professional with stand and all looking nearly new. I said "I'll take that one" the other 2 were old DeWalt 20's that were fully functional less blade guards. He said they were getting out of the cutting business and said to make him an offer on the lot.

I will try to get my pics smaller so I can post them , but my question is ...what are they worth and does anyone here have an interest in either of the 20"...

Kurt

There is a company in Johnson,Iowa that specializes in repairing DeWalt radial arm saws, and they purchase all of them they can find. Wolfe machinery or something. If you can't find their web site or number let me know and I'll see what I can do. They'll buy the Dewalts.

Kurt Krauter in Indy
08-22-2003, 4:12 PM
I found the Wolfe Machinery. They refurb anything DeWalt. Their rebuilts on the HD 20" models go for upwards of 4500.00 so I wonder what they give for functional ones???

Thanks, again.
Kurt

Steve Roxberg
08-24-2003, 11:12 AM
I found the Wolfe Machinery. They refurb anything DeWalt. Their rebuilts on the HD 20" models go for upwards of 4500.00 so I wonder what they give for functional ones???

Thanks, again.
Kurt

I don't know, but they are beautifull saws. I'd give them a call and see, you might be able to be the middleman and get your saw free.