PDA

View Full Version : Framing Sunglasses?

Mark Rios
04-15-2006, 11:46 PM
I just saw this on a sale page on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009HMJTO/ref=br_lf_hi_/104-3173667-8997509?n=228013&s=hi&v=glance

What the pacheebies are "Framing Sunglasses"? If they were only advertising this deal in California I might just understand (we're pretty vain out here) but I just had to laugh.

skip coyne
04-16-2006, 12:47 AM
I would think there saftey glasses/ sunglasses although it dosnt really say.

saftey sunglasses are prety popular around here with landscapers and construction guys

Vaughn McMillan
04-16-2006, 4:45 AM
I've seen the safety sunglasses on jobsites, but the term "framing sunglasses" reminds me of a story...

Years ago I spent a summer inspecting a construction project on the White River Apache reservation in eastern Arizona. Most of the construction crew was Apache, and nearly everyone wore flannel shirts, jeans, work boots, and safety glasses. The one exception was the lead carpenter, Emerson. He was a Navajo, married to a nice Apache lady. He had lived in LA, and was a little more worldly than the rest of the guys. He drove an IROC Camaro, and was almost always working in jogging shorts, tennis shoes, t-shirt (or no shirt) and sunglasses.

A year later I was back in the area with my (then) wife, and we ran into Emerson on another jobsite (in shorts, with no shirt). I introduced him to the wife as the only Indian I knew who was working on his tan. :)

- Vaughn

Tyler Howell
04-16-2006, 7:43 AM
Well Sure!!!
Got a couple pair at the last WW show:rolleyes: .
Built in lazer speed square and gyro level for pumb and straight every time. They're safe too:p :p .

Per Swenson
04-16-2006, 8:20 AM
Mark,

Heck yeah you need framing sunglasses!

Why I have sunglasses for every application

I even have finishing glasses, (rose colored).

But my favorite are the submit the bid, meet the client glasses,

shown below.

Per

Ted Jay
04-16-2006, 8:43 AM
I just saw this on a sale page on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009HMJTO/ref=br_lf_hi_/104-3173667-8997509?n=228013&s=hi&v=glance

What the pacheebies are "Framing Sunglasses"? If they were only advertising this deal in California I might just understand (we're pretty vain out here) but I just had to laugh.

I think they meant to say "Frameless".???? Maybe....???

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-16-2006, 9:41 AM
I think that Fed law requires all cglasses to be safety lenses on some level. Then of course, there levels and levels of safety glass strength. Some will take shards from a bursting 10 inch grinding wheel && some won't.

Steve Clardy
04-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Mark,

Heck yeah you need framing sunglasses!

Why I have sunglasses for every application

I even have finishing glasses, (rose colored).

shown below.

Per

Lol. Good one Per:D
About a month ago I gave a lady customer a bid for her cabinets, and Her eyes looked just like that after the price soaked in a bit:eek:
I thought She was gonna stroke out on me.:o :eek: :D

Jim Becker
04-16-2006, 11:46 AM

Golly...I really hope that the contractor we end up with for our home addition doesn't show up in THOSE glasses!! Eeeeekkkkkkk!
-----

Oh, I've never heard the term "framing" use specifically with sun glasses, although I own a couple pair of safety glasses made for out-doors-in-the-sun use.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-16-2006, 2:51 PM
I've seen the safety sunglasses on jobsites, but the term "framing sunglasses" reminds me of a story...

Years ago I spent a summer inspecting a construction project on the White River Apache reservation in eastern Arizona. Most of the construction crew was Apache, and nearly everyone wore flannel shirts, jeans, work boots, and safety glasses. The one exception was the lead carpenter, Emerson. He was a Navajo, married to a nice Apache lady. He had lived in LA, and was a little more worldly than the rest of the guys. He drove an IROC Camaro, and was almost always working in jogging shorts, tennis shoes, t-shirt (or no shirt) and sunglasses.

A year later I was back in the area with my (then) wife, and we ran into Emerson on another jobsite (in shorts, with no shirt). I introduced him to the wife as the only Indian I knew who was working on his tan. :)

- Vaughn

Hey Vaughn, that's a classic :D:D

Steve Clardy
04-16-2006, 3:06 PM
Per. I really need a set of those while driving.
That way I can turn my face towards the people flying by me in the other lane and give them something to laugh about.:eek: :rolleyes: ;)