PDA

View Full Version : Double Header Creeker Visit

Dave Anderson NH
04-15-2006, 10:58 PM
I really enjoy having Creekers drop by the shop to visit and talk woodworking and play around with tools a bit. I have had Mark Stutz as a guest before, and convinced him to come to NH for the LFOD (Live Free or Die) tool auction on Friday and be a guest at our NH Guild meeting. I also invited Don "Doc" Abele to come to our meeting today. Afterwards we drove over to my house and shop for a visit.

Yes Mr. Chief of Picture Police, the obligatory photo is included.:D

As anyone who has had the opportunity to visit with other Creekers will know, there is never enough time and it slips by far too quickly. Suffice to say it was a most enjoyable day and Don and Mark are welcome at my place any time. At the Guild of NH Woodworkers meeting we were unfortunately far too busy to take other photos. Don and Mark did get to meet Creekers Roger Myers, C. Peter James, Greg Benulis, and Halsey McCombs. I guess that really it was a sextuple header.

Don Abele
04-16-2006, 12:52 AM
The Guild meeting was extremely interesting - their guest speakers were the President and Vice President of Horton Brasses. Barbara and her son explained the many processes involved in making the reproduction hardware they offer. I truly have a better appreciation for them now (like the fact that the polished brass finish is hand polished by one woman and that the antique brass finish is done by hand as well using a 13-step process).

Meeting other Creekers is always an enjoyable time and I agree Dave, it was much too short. It was an absolute pleasure Dave. Thank you for the invite and for your hospitality.

That wall behind us in the photo has an amazing array of hand tools on it - just concentrate on it, not the characters in front of it :eek: Dave also impressed Mark and I with two amazing tiger maple boards (that were conviently located right at the door to his shop). Dave followed me out to my truck when I left...I think it was to make sure those boards stayed :p

Again, Dave, Mark, Roger and all...it was an extreme pleasure to meet you and spend an awesome Saturday with you. Thank you for a wonderful visit.

Be well,

Doc

Tyler Howell
04-16-2006, 7:34 AM
Picture Police Seal of Approval.:cool:

Jim Becker
04-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Now, that sounds like a good time!!

Alan DuBoff
04-16-2006, 4:16 PM
Great pic, you guys look like you had fun, and even enjoyed a nice dark adult beverage as well!If I get back to Japan this year, I have it on my list of things to do, to meet you. My company wanted me to go last year, but there was a conflict between when they wanted me to go, and when I wanted to go, so I told them I didn't want to go (I wanted to go with my wife and kids during the summer).

I don't know if you remember, I was the person on another forum that used to live close to you, over at 3-18-11 in Nishi Shinjuku. I'd love to visit the dungeon!;)

Any other creekers in Tokyo besides you?

BTW, recently I couldn't help think about your "Logging in Tokyo" thread...I call this "Logging in Silicon Valley":

http://www.softorchestra.com/woodworking/wood/maple_load/

Doesn't even require a chainsaw...:D

I just swaped100bf for air dried walnut to compliment my stash.:)

Mark Stutz
04-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Well, I jsut got home...6 hr flight delay in Chicago due to weather. It was indeed a pleasure to get to see Dave again, and to meet Doc. The LFOD auction was again a lot of fun, but the highlight was the Guild meeting. What a well oiled machine. The presentation was extremely informative, and if you are a member, you can watch it anytime on DVD! These guys do thing right.

Stu, that dark beverage is ICED TEA!

For all of you that have never had the opportunity do visit with another Creeker, don't pass it up if you ever get the chance.