PDA

View Full Version : Candle Holder

Bernie Weishapl
04-15-2006, 7:09 PM
Well went to the shop this afternoon to turn 2 or 3 boxes. Had some honey locust sitting around so turned them and they are roughed out soaking in the DNA. Had a scrape piece of it left over so put it on the lathe and was just going to practice with the skew. Anyway here is what turned out. It is 7 inch tall. I finished with just a couple of coats of BLO. Will give it a couple of coats of lacquer if I can get it away from the SWMBO. This one was all skew chisel. I thought it turned out pretty good for just using the one tool for me anyway. Couple of boo boo's but I won't tell if you don't tell.:D

Corey Hallagan
04-15-2006, 7:17 PM
Looks awesome Bernie, great candle stick! Can't wait to see the new box!

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
04-15-2006, 7:54 PM
Way to go Bernie! How does that honey locust turn? I need to make a pair of those candlesticks!........I spent the afternoon working mostly with the skew too! I'm going to master that tool! Nice job using the skew Bernie!

Jim Ketron
04-15-2006, 9:15 PM
Nice Job! looks like you and the skew are getting along fine!

Ernie Nyvall
04-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Very nice skew work Bernie. Nice candle holder.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
04-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the comments. Like I said I was just going to practice the skew and thought it came out pretty nice for just messing around. So now today I guess I might see if I can duplicate it for a pair.

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Very nice Bertie. Well balanced and interesting form.

Bruce