PDA

View Full Version : Tool Review

Ken Salisbury
08-22-2003, 8:11 AM
I have written a review of my most recently purchased tool (Jointech Smart Miter). It is available on my web site. Just click the WWW button at the bottom of this post and use the link on the site home page to the review.

Halsey MCCombs
08-22-2003, 3:33 PM
Good review Ken, I agree with you and enjoy using mine. Halsey

Don Farr
08-22-2003, 3:52 PM
Thanks for the review Ken. You must have taken advantage of the sale they have going on. I have been drooling over the saw train fence system for 6 months. I just can't swing it now with the slow economy and working 32 hours a week.
Yes, I own my own business but I don't expect my people to suffer cutbacks and me not have to sacrifice anything.

Matt Woodworth
08-22-2003, 11:30 PM
I happen to have a review of the SmartMiter too. You can check it out here (http://www.employees.org/~vanguard/woodworking/tool_reviews/smartmiter/index.htm).

Ken Salisbury
08-23-2003, 6:26 AM
I happen to have a review of the SmartMiter too. You can check it out here (http://www.employees.org/~vanguard/woodworking/tool_reviews/smartmiter/index.htm).Matt - I read your review - good job. You said in your review:

"The measuring tape on the fence is slid into place. I have real concerns that it's going to slide out of place too. I've considered gluing it down but I worry that if a use a blade with a different kerf that I'll wish I hadn't done that. I need to think of a semi-permanent way to secure it."

I had the same concern and discussed that issue with Jointech. I was told to slid the scale out of the fence and apply reverse pressure on the scale along it's length and it would tighten up in the slot to prevent movement. I did that and it worked.

p.s. Matt - the "SMC Terms of Service" prohibit direct links to a web site in your "signature" on posts:

4. Signatures
Links are not allowed in signatures. Signatures may not be gratuitous commercial advertisements containing promotional offers, sales, or other marketing efforts.

Please edit your signature information on your "user control panel" to remove the link to your web site.

Matt Woodworth
08-23-2003, 9:21 AM
p.s. Matt - the "SMC Terms of Service" prohibit direct links to a web site in your "signature" on posts:

4. Signatures
Links are not allowed in signatures. Signatures may not be gratuitous commercial advertisements containing promotional offers, sales, or other marketing efforts.

Please edit your signature information on your "user control panel" to remove the link to your web site.

I didn't know about the rule. I've taken care of it now. FWIW, my site isn't commercial at all. It's just pictures of things that I've made and the shop itself.