PDA

View Full Version : I almost fell into the vortex....

Joe Mioux
04-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Sunday, while in STL on business, I stopped past the local Rockler. In passing I saw a Jet mini VS with a Nova Mini chuck for $279.

They had a couple boxes and I was tempted, but I held back and did not buy. I have some other WW'g tool purchases coming up and I wanted to be discplined.

Well, yesterday, I was back out in that area and gave in and decided to buy this setup. I thought it was a good buy, even though I don't know much about turning.

To my heartbroken dismay, they sold the last Jet minin/Nova chuck combo that morning.:(

I guess my world will remain flat a little while longer.

Joe

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Almost........that's kind like......you almost got kissed......:confused:

Corey Hallagan
04-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Ken, I think Joe will be back!! Joe since I bought my little lathe I still love to do flat work but having the ability to do something different sure is nice. It opens up another whole list of possible projects to work on and the thing about the lathe is, most pojects can be finished much more quickly than my projects in flat work!
Corey

Bernie Weishapl
04-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Joe they will have more. Like Corey said it will open up a whole new world and things you can do for wood working. I make my spindle pillars for grandfather clocks. I have several antique chairs I have repaired by turning partial spindles to repair the originals. These have almost paid for my lathe.

George Conklin
04-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Hi Joe,

This is the classic battle between good and evil. Right now, the evil side (flatwork) had that last lathe sold before you could buy it and be that much closer to the good side (spinny).

The next time that temptation arises, don't think, just buy! You might want to give the Woodcraft website a try. www.woodcraft.com (http://www.woodcraft.com)

The next time you feel the good side calling you, be sure you come to this forum for support.

John Hart
04-15-2006, 7:25 AM
...They had a couple boxes and I was tempted, but I held back and did not buy. I have some other WW'g tool purchases coming up and I wanted to be discplined.....

Ya see? It's that "disciplined" part that'll kill you every time....Too much thinkin'. Feel the force flow through you Luke.;)

Mark Cothren
04-15-2006, 9:14 AM
They were out of Jet Minis??? Nooooooooo problem... Just go ahead and order you up a Yellar monster...;) :D

Bob Noles
04-15-2006, 9:51 AM
Alright y'all rebait those hooks..... we can't break the record and let one get away. That would be getting lax and we can't have that.... nope.... not here on SMC.

Go get 'em and reel him back in. :eek: