PDA

View Full Version : John Hart in Germany?

Rick Smith
04-14-2006, 11:46 AM
I thought, after the foundry information, that Mr. Hart was giving classes out of the country...

http://www.peter-andres.com/www_root/gallerie.php?Verzeichnis=galerie/events/veranstaltungen/Weltrekord&Nummer=0

Pete Jordan
04-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Boy would that be scary on the inside of that bowl! I'm sure someone has a tractor they are not using.

Pete

Lee DeRaud
04-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Boy would that be scary on the inside of that bowl! I'm sure someone has a tractor they are not using.And a forklift to use as a toolrest.:eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2006, 12:16 PM
But what would you use as a skew?.........That thing would indeed be scary! And.........if you have a "catch"........there wouldn't be any stopping the lathe with it!

Lee DeRaud
04-14-2006, 12:22 PM
But what would you use as a skew?What would I use as a skew?!? My momma didn't raise any fools: we already signed up Tyler for "skew duty".:p

Bernie Weishapl
04-14-2006, 10:22 PM
LOL :p Lee that is a good one. I can see Tyler doing the skew thing.

John Hart
04-15-2006, 7:06 AM
Geez!!! I've seen pics of people doing these big bowls (even Jim Ketron in a kilt!!) but I've always wondered....What do you do with them when you're done?

Cool find Rick!:)

Jeremiah Jordan
04-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Geez!!! I've seen pics of people doing these big bowls (even Jim Ketron in a kilt!!) but I've always wondered....What do you do with them when you're done?

New bathtub anyone? But that is so cool. I wonder how big of a bowl a Cat 988 that I used to operate, can turn!

Pat Salter
04-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Now if only I could read German (i think that's what it is:eek: ). They had a couple of pages of pics in the AAW magazine last year on this. I think the guys did this to drum up more interest in woodturning. I left my copy of the magazine at work so I can't give you many details. Awesome project. I noticed that in the early pictures the handles on the gouges were just big ugly sticks but later they padded them. Gee, I wonder why???:D

Dick Strauss
04-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Is that guy turning a hot tub?

John Bailey
04-15-2006, 12:33 PM
If someone hasn't already done it (can't imagine we don't have some German readers here) I'll have my wife translate it Monday.

John

Bruce Shiverdecker
04-15-2006, 2:12 PM
NOW THAT"S what I call a ROUGHIN" GOUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce

Jim Dunn
04-15-2006, 6:08 PM
If someone hasn't already done it (can't imagine we don't have some German readers here) I'll have my wife translate it Monday.

John

John that would truely be appreciated.

John Miliunas
04-15-2006, 7:39 PM
Well, just don't let Andy get his mitts on it!!! He'll have every store within 25 miles of him completely sold out of ice cream!!!!:eek: :D :cool:

Chris Barton
04-15-2006, 7:42 PM
I knew he was a double agent! He is searching the dumps of the motherland looking for wood!

Larry Klaaren
04-15-2006, 10:32 PM
If you go back to this guys home page,

http://www.peter-andres.com

and click on portrait, then projekte, you can look at some projects that are a little larger than normal. You can't tell the scale so much on the first one, but the vase with the Munro tool, and the Saule project, show the lathe he uses for these big projects.

If you to to the home page, then click on portrait, then fotogalerie, he has some really nice turned work.

Maybe ya'll had that figured out, but just in case you were interested.

My German is not good enough to translate with the correct tenses, etc.

Andy Hoyt
04-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Hah! White iron strikes again!

Dick Strauss
04-15-2006, 11:33 PM
There are site translators that you can use for websites. Try this link for a translation...

1.input the website
2.choose German to English
3. hit translate button

It's not perfect but quick

http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html