PDA

View Full Version : To all the married members

Michael Gibbons
04-14-2006, 12:30 AM
I think it's about time we recognize the ones who usually O.K. and encourage our tool purchases . So everyone go give the LOYL a BIG kiss and hug and say "Thanks"

Shelley Bolster
04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
OK - I will bite......what tool did you just get? :D :D :D

Don Baer
04-14-2006, 12:42 AM
I agee. Tomarrow (april 14th) LOML and I will celebrate our 33rd wedding annivesary so I plan on letting her know how much I appreciate her support of my habit/hobby..

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2006, 12:44 AM
After 33 years....she'd better be your habit.....turning had better be your hobby!:rolleyes: :D

BTW..........Sharon and I are working on our 38th year of marriage........As much as I've come to enjoy turning....I'd give it up in a New York minute for her!:) .........But I'd never let her hear the end of it!:eek: :D

Don Baer
04-14-2006, 12:46 AM
After 33 years....she'd better be your habit.....turning had better be your hobby!:rolleyes: :D

:D ... Got her a diamond tennis bracelet so I'm sure she will understand..

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Yup........that'll do it! Bury them with gifts and grovel........that'll get a new tool every time!.........So as Shelley asked....What new tool'd you get?:confused: :D

Steve Clardy
04-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Working on our 34th!!:eek: :D

But----Shes asleep. No can do at the moment.
Maybe a stealth kiss:confused: ;) :D

Michael Gibbons
04-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Shelley, I'll Let you know Saturday. We celebrated our 11th anniversary on March 25th by letting her go to a bowling tournament.

Don Baer
04-14-2006, 12:59 AM
Ken,
BTW I'm married to a Sharon also and she's red head to boot.:)

Helen Gee
04-14-2006, 1:24 AM
Steve, ya changed your avatar!!! :O

i vote for stealth kiss

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
04-14-2006, 2:05 AM
Well, my lovely bride Emiko and I have been at it for 12 1\2 years now, and she supports my habit as well, but then again, she was also smart enough to see all of here friend's husbands down at the pubs or hostess bars, while I'm down in the Dungeon, and figure out which one is better.

Cheers!

Jim Davenport
04-14-2006, 3:10 AM
Coming up on the 39th the 27th of this month:)
That's a long time to spend with one woman, but probably couldn't find anyone else to put up with me:rolleyes:

Michael Stafford
04-14-2006, 5:46 AM
I think it's about time we recognize the ones who usually O.K. and encourage our tool purchases . So everyone go give the LOYL a BIG kiss and hug and say "Thanks"

Michael, just how much trouble are you in and when do you expect to get out of the dog house?:p :D

scott spencer
04-14-2006, 5:48 AM
Hug and a kiss....no problem. But "encourage our tool purchases"? ....oh, is that what that discussion was?! :rolleyes: :D

Mike Cutler
04-14-2006, 7:17 AM
Going on 22 yrs. for me and LOML. She's wicked smart, has great taste, has me doesn't she:D :rolleyes: and supports my habit, er... hobby.
A couple weeks back I had too really discourage her from getting me a Sjosberg bench. I mean she was going to get that bench. She really liked it. I told her that I just didn't have room in the shop for it, which I really don't.

Ahyup, she's a keeper.:)

Art Mulder
04-14-2006, 7:29 AM
she was also smart enough to see all of here friend's husbands down at the pubs or hostess bars, while I'm down in the Dungeon, and figure out which one is better.
Errr, Stu, what is a "Hostess Bar" ??

[edit: never mind, I googled. Ick.]

My beloved had no advanced warning, as I picked up ww'ing 4 years into the marriage. However, she appreciates the results. And seeing as I don't spend hours in front of the TV watching hockey (or football or...) it's a pretty good trade off.

Gail O'Rourke
04-14-2006, 7:34 AM
Who couldn't love a guy who isn't jealous that I have more tools than he does? I would be nowhere professionally if it wasn't for my husband Mike's support and encouragement. We have been married for 13 years.

edit here: Just so you know, I got the tools, he got the Harley.

John Miliunas
04-14-2006, 8:16 AM
edit here: Just so you know, I got the tools, he got the Harley.

Holy smokes, Gail...You just don't know how close to home that one hit!!! (NO, the LOML does NOT have the Harley!!! :rolleyes: ) Two years ago, we went from a huge house and a tiny WW shop to a small house and bigger shop. :D The LOML (...of 25+ years!!!) said I could either get newer/more equipment for the new WW shop or a Harley. 'Nuf said! :D :cool:

Mark Pruitt
04-14-2006, 8:19 AM
LOML blew my mind a couple months ago, when I told her I was considering purchasing a Unisaw b/c I had found a good deal. Her reply: "Go ahead and get it." [DID I REALLY HEAR HER SAY THAT? IS MY HEARING THAT FAR GONE???] I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Of course, being the dutifully obedient husband that I am, I bought the thing!:D :rolleyes: :D

She does have her limits though. Last week I was looking at workbenches and mentioned the Sjoberg Elite that costs $2000. She 'bout near had a duck.:eek: "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND???" I'm probably going to wind up building one. But like a friend said to me yesterday, " hey, at least you're building something!"

Think I'm going to take Susie out to a nice restaurant tonight.:)

Mark

Jerry Olexa
04-14-2006, 12:47 PM
You title reminded me of "to all the girls we've loved before" an old Willy Nelson tune. You are right : they are our inspiration and approver of tool investments. LOML and I have been together +40 years in tool heaven:) She understands my addiction altho she has a few lesser evils of her own (decorating, crafts, gardening, etc). As T .Cruise said in "Jerry McGuire" (I think) "you complete me" :D :)

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-14-2006, 2:27 PM
I got ahead of that curve in the beginning. I buy her diamonds for occasions, treat her to pricy restaurants and when I want something and I never ask, I just get it.

But then she does exactly the same (except she hasn't given me diamonds).

Earl Reid
04-14-2006, 4:10 PM
My LOML and I will be married 50 yrs in June. She has alway supported me with my woodworking and some other hobbies. She has always said to buy better tools. (She's a keeper) :) :)

Earl:)
( The preacher said it would never work)

Carl Eyman
04-14-2006, 5:39 PM
An elderly couple read (OLD like LOML & I) were on an auto trip. All of a sudden the wife blurted out she'd left her glasses back at the restaurant where they'd had lunch. So, after another 5 miles to find am exit they drove back to the restaurant. The husband was berating her all the way - price of gas, costing an extra two hours, have to drive after dark, etc, etc. When they arrived back at the restaurant she got out to go in for her glasses, and he hollerd out the window at her: "while you're in there pick up my hat and credit card".

Chris Padilla
04-14-2006, 5:50 PM
Without wifey, I wouldn't have a "Honey Do" list! :D :D

Steve Clardy
04-14-2006, 5:59 PM
An elderly couple read (OLD like LOML & I) were on an auto trip. All of a sudden the wife blurted out she'd left her glasses back at the restaurant where they'd had lunch. So, after another 5 miles to find am exit they drove back to the restaurant. The husband was berating her all the way - price of gas, costing an extra two hours, have to drive after dark, etc, etc. When they arrived back at the restaurant she got out to go in for her glasses, and he hollerd out the window at her: "while you're in there pick up my hat and credit card".

:D :D :D :D :D :D ROFLOL:D :D ;) :D

Tyler Howell
04-14-2006, 6:57 PM
No Wife, No Honey Dos, No toy restrictions:eek: :o :D :D :D .

Randy Moore
04-14-2006, 10:44 PM
:)
No Wife, No Honey Dos, No toy restrictions:eek: :o .

For me after 10 years of being single/divorced:eek: I was getting very GRUMPY:eek: for not having someone to come home to and talk to.:D Found Pam about 11 years ago and got married almost 9 years ago, had to convine the heck out of her. Wouldn't trade her for nothing, she's the best lady in the world in my eyes and heart.;) :) :D

I hope that everyone has many more years with the LOYL.

Rany

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Yup Randy...........and life is good!:)

Michael Cody
04-15-2006, 5:38 PM
I just did that today (4/15) -- it's her birthday (3015 and counting backwards)... (hope she doesn't read this...

Bill Turpin
04-15-2006, 5:56 PM
LOML not only supports my habit, but she BOUGHT the lathe, planer, dual router, air compressor, DCollector, slow grinder and chop saw. Now she has started turning, but does not like my over-crowded, DIRTY shop. So she paid to have her studio built. Now I've filled it with her lathe, her drill press, her bandsaw, wired it and piped compressed air. If she keeps this up for ten more years, I think I'll keep her.

Bill in WNC mountains

Joe Mioux
04-15-2006, 9:37 PM
Mrs Mioux wants me to build a dedicated shop for the woodworking tools, lawnmower and ATV.

I have repeatedly told her that she is wishfully spending way too much of my hard earned dollars on my hobby.:confused:

What's wrong with this picture?:confused:

Confused Joe.

Michael Gibbons
04-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Shelly, you wanted to know what I got so here it is. a Nova G3 chuck for my lathe , a fingernail grind spindel gouge and a Tormek turning gouge jig for my grinder. This was AFTER I started this thread.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Confused Joe.[/quote]

Joe.............Your signature says it all!:eek: :D

I thought long and hard before I agreed to build my shop. Now I need to think long and hard to finish it! It's not that far from being completed.

David Klug
04-15-2006, 11:14 PM
What a joy it is to be married 51 plus yrs. After all this time we are pretty well aquainted and it just a wonderful to sit and visit about the different things that are happening. My LOML is a real gem.

DK

Jason Boushard
04-16-2006, 9:27 AM
in the last month and a half my wife has bought me a rikon mini lathe, rikon dp, 10 inch disk sander, 8 inch slow speed grinder, delta ap-400 dust collector, tons of various exotic woods, and pen kits to go with it all. I guess shes a keeper too heck I might have to hide her from the guys in the turning club lol. I couldn't do it without her

Joe Mioux
04-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Confused Joe.

Joe.............Your signature says it all!:eek: :D

I thought long and hard before I agreed to build my shop. Now I need to think long and hard to finish it! It's not that far from being completed.[/quote]

Yes it does, lol. You need to break that turning habit long enough to finish your shop.

That reminds me did Chris Padilla ever finish his garage remodel?

Joe

Frank Bierline
04-16-2006, 7:45 PM
This year will be 43 for us. It has been a long and winding road, but worth every minute. She has always been good to me and I have a lot of tools that she encouraged me to buy. :)